Claire McCaskill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:31:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Claire McCaskill
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Claire McCaskill  (Read 1637 times)
seanNJ9
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »

Why isn't she ever mentioned when it comes to running? She seems like a terrific candidate. Saw her the other day defending Hillary Clinton on Morning Joe, boy was she impressive.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 11:43:24 AM »

She just wrote a biography that contains material that she herself calls 'a presidential campaign killer.'
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »

This is hilarious.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »

I grew up in Missouri.  She is really bad.
Republicans despise her, and Democrats begrudgingly vote for her because she's got a D next to her name.
The reason she's so slavishly devoted to Hillary is that in 2007 she told the New Yorker that she didn't want to run for governor in 08 because she was worried that Hillary would be on the ticket and ruin it.  Then later on she said she didn't want Bill Clinton near her daughter.  So she's been on Hillary lockout for 8 years.
She only won her race in 2012 because she spent millions of her own money to buy advertising for Todd Akin so he would win the primary over Sarah Steelman, who everybody knew would beat her.  Then when he won she was still behind him in the polls until he made his "legitimate rape" comments.  She wrote an article in Politico afterwards where she basically gloated over how clever she was to have bought advertising for a weaker opponent in the primary, and in it she told the story of how she did a keg stand afterwards a dozen times.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »

I like her, a very decent person. Smiley
With very strange glasses and very strange hair lol.
Not exactly the fashionista like Hillary is.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »

Clearly you weren't watching Rachel Maddow in the months before Hillary announced. It was basically Draft McCaskill headquarters.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

I mean she's a decent enough Senator, leans more moderate since shes from Missouri but still holds enough liberal positions to make me like her. She seems like a nice enough person too and I like her but the farthest she could go is VP.
bobloblaw
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 02:30:57 PM »

She's gone in 2018 so it doesnt matter
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »

I mean she's a decent enough Senator, leans more moderate since shes from Missouri but still holds enough liberal positions to make me like her. She seems like a nice enough person too and I like her but the farthest she could go is VP.
Everything you say is wrong. She is a terrible senator, well to the left of her state, a slimy politician, and a total loser. Anyone who selected her as Vice President doesn't deserve to be President.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »

She only won her race in 2012 because she spent millions of her own money to buy advertising for Todd Akin so he would win the primary over Sarah Steelman, who everybody knew would beat her.  Then when he won she was still behind him in the polls until he made his "legitimate rape" comments.  She wrote an article in Politico afterwards where she basically gloated over how clever she was to have bought advertising for a weaker opponent in the primary, and in it she told the story of how she did a keg stand afterwards a dozen times.
Terrible person. I hope she'll be defeated in 2018.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »

She literally is the Dubya of the Democratic party, she is universally despised by her constituency and only won because of Akin's "legitimate rape" comments and she was a couple of points behind him prior to that, so she almost lost to a very weak R candidate lol. She literally is a joke, and most likely won't be Senator for another term.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 09:29:04 PM »

What's her approval rating? Anyone know?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 09:49:23 PM »

I don't think she's bad for the Democratic Party. She is a centrist Democrat. What is so wrong with that? She can appeal to Missouri. She won two tough bids.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 10:50:16 PM »

I don't think she's bad for the Democratic Party. She is a centrist Democrat. What is so wrong with that? She can appeal to Missouri. She won two tough bids.

Among other things, she just wrote an autobiography with parts about how she manipulated the Republican primary campaign to choose the opponent she thought would be easiest to beat. That's not something you go around bragging about when you plan to run for higher office.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 05:11:51 AM »

Among other things, she just wrote an autobiography with parts about how she manipulated the Republican primary campaign to choose the opponent she thought would be easiest to beat. That's not something you go around bragging about when you plan to run for higher office.

Trump uses the same technique - even brags about it constantly - ALL the time for f--k's sake. Nothing shocking about it at all (anymore). This is the new standard in politics where you talk and even brag about how you're manipulating everything. Anyways, it's a genius, freedom tactic.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 05:13:23 AM »

I just realized that this topic belongs to the Presidential Election Trends. I honestly can't think of anyone or anything less trendy than Claire McCaskill lol.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »

A very fitting outfit choice for ole' Claire:
https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/652874935631745024
DS0816
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 04:21:03 PM »

Republicans despise her, and Democrats begrudgingly vote for her because she's got a D next to her name.
The reason she's so slavishly devoted to Hillary is that in 2007 she told the New Yorker that she didn't want to run for governor in 08 because she was worried that Hillary would be on the ticket and ruin it.  Then later on she said she didn't want Bill Clinton near her daughter.  So she's been on Hillary lockout for 8 years.

Claire McCaskill had the nerve to strategize!?

How dare any Democrat do that! Only Republicans are allowed.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »

You sound very low-energy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies