Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:26:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015  (Read 5259 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2015, 02:59:53 PM »

It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

'scuse me
if you hadn't run, i would've stayed and done some campaigning
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »

It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

'scuse me
if you hadn't run, i would've stayed and done some campaigning

Very true, Ms. Evergreen. I should have clarified that as what the "establishment" wanted.

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

It's hardly "grasping at straws" to ask someone to present proof of such a serious accusation, and I will not sit idly by while law-abiding citizens are libeled. Rest assured, if Pikachu starts accusing people of committing federal crimes based on such shaky "evidence" as you have just presented, I will call him out for it too.

The evidence I've provided is quite strong, and Classic Conservative has admitted to doing exactly what I've accused him of, but of course, you want to draw as much attention away from that as possible because I don't have DNA evidence or whatever on an online forum. So much for the unbiased media!!! Roll Eyes

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2015, 03:32:34 PM »

In addition, maybe it would be be nice if for once you asked Pikachu some questions, instead of grasping at straws to find issue with my campaign! It's BEYOND embarrassing that if I had not entered this race, this game would have elected someone who has done absolutely nothing this campaign to the Senate unopposed!!!

It's hardly "grasping at straws" to ask someone to present proof of such a serious accusation, and I will not sit idly by while law-abiding citizens are libeled. Rest assured, if Pikachu starts accusing people of committing federal crimes based on such shaky "evidence" as you have just presented, I will call him out for it too.

The evidence I've provided is quite strong, and Classic Conservative has admitted to doing exactly what I've accused him of, but of course, you want to draw as much attention away from that as possible because I don't have DNA evidence or whatever on an online forum. So much for the unbiased media!!! Roll Eyes

It is no secret that I have been suspicious of your motives since your return to Atlasia last month, nor that I support your opponent in this race. I am shocked, however, that you think I would go so far as to attempt to cover up a crime if I believed one had been committed. My request for proof of your accusation was just that: an attempt to discern whether this was a factual allegation or simply a campaign ploy (ie: "JCL and Classic Conservative are having an affair").

I found your initial explanation unconvincing because, at the end of the day, there was no way to know the content of the PMs in question. The whole affair reminded me of your repeated charges that Leinad was a sock back in June, when you had no concrete evidence that this was the case. What you did not tell me was that you had contacted Classic Conservative about the matter and that, in your words, he had failed to "explicitly deny" your claims. This, obviously, is a much more substantial claim, and while I still stand by the principle of "innocent until proven guilty," I will now be seeking verification from Mr. Conservative as well.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2015, 03:35:46 PM »

It is no secret that I have been suspicious of your motives since your return to Atlasia last month, nor that I support your opponent in this race. I am shocked, however, that you think I would go so far as to attempt to cover up a crime if I believed one had been committed. My request for proof of your accusation was just that: an attempt to discern whether this was a factual allegation or simply a campaign ploy (ie: "JCL and Classic Conservative are having an affair").

I found your initial explanation unconvincing because, at the end of the day, there was no way to know the content of the PMs in question. The whole affair reminded me of your repeated charges that Leinad was a sock back in June, when you had no concrete evidence that this was the case. What you did not tell me was that you had contacted Classic Conservative about the matter and that, in your words, he had failed to "explicitly deny" your claims. This, obviously, is a much more substantial claim, and while I still stand by the principle of "innocent until proven guilty," I will now be seeking verification from Mr. Conservative as well.
I never did respond to that PM. I didn't even see that PM of question until NeverAgain said that he received a PM just like it beacuse it says that a numerous amount of people were sent it. Not just me. I affirm I didn't respond to that PM ever.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »

I don't know which one if you is PMing people to edit their votes after they've been cast, but I'd appreciate it if you had the grace to stop. I have never done that with any votes for Pikachu, and if you had any class, you wouldn't either.
Here is the PM in question.

You are aware posting PMs without permission is against forum policy, correct??? Regardless, you have failed to respond to any allegations (including that PM) besides now making what I believe to be a lie about your actions at the last minute!!!

You really are digging your own grave.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2015, 03:41:31 PM »

And now Classic Conservative is breaking forum policy to try and justify his actions...

*grabs popcorn*
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2015, 03:47:45 PM »

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »

Congratulation Mr. Senator Elect you're turnout campaign was absolutely wonderful, I'm looking forward to work with you in the Federalist Party in the coming weeks and months.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »

This is a sister publication to Nagas Reports

BREAKING: TALLEYRAND DEFEATS PIKACHU IN LANDSLIDE, TPP DEVASTATED, FEDS IN CHAOS

I'm your host Henry W. Türkisblau and this is a special report from Minute Maid Park here in Houston, Texas.

In a stunning rebuke to the political establishment, insurgent candidate Talleyrand has rolled over all in his path. We in Atlasia's Newsroom are here at Minute Maid Park and will switch over to Senator Elect Talleyrand's victory speech as soon as possible. With 40,000 in attendance, the scene is here is raucous and celebratory. This is one of the first times in recent political history that The People are finally getting their voices heard, and they know that the once great TPP is just not capable of that any longer.

Camera switches to Minute Maid Park

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 09:09:30 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2015, 09:31:14 AM by Talleyrand »

A GREAT VICTORY FOR OUR NATION

Friends, patriots, and other countrymen,

I am proud to announce that that our grassroots movement has delivered a good thrashing with over 54% of the vote!!! Even after that JUNK poll that showed my campaign down 60 points, our internals showed us easily ahead and you have proven that tonight. Due to my campaign, and in spite of the fact that we were outspent 5-1 by the establishment cronies, we have pulled off a REMARKABLE VICTORY!!! The sad and pathetic media outlets (other than those run by my great friends Mr. Nagas and Mr. Turkisblau) are losing a FORTUNE.

I would like to thank Governor Pikachu for showing more energy during this campaign than he had at the beginning. Nice guy, and a gentleman to boot, but I'm glad he'll be staying in the Northeast. However, I have nothing but laughter for the pure scum and morons who schemed to bring down my campaign, and used ILLEGAL activities to buy out and manipulate innocent voters in a barrage of over five hundred PMs!!! Or the "Federalists" who decided to vote against the only real conservative in this election. I am not going to mention these nobodies by name, but they are weeping in a corner tonight!!!

I am proud to announce I will be boarding the next flight to Nyman as soon as possible, and have already received word that the do-nothing disaster of a Senate is already quivering with terror at the prospect of someone who actually wants to restore Atlasia!!! We are going to take back the constitutional convention and bring REAL change to this country!!! Thank you all for your support, and let's
MAKE ATLASIA GREAT AGAIN!!!

-Talleyrand, Senator-Elect
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »

Congratulations on your victory. While I am still skeptical about your ideological conversion, if you are genuine then we should be able to work together and get some stuff done in the Senate.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »

Congratulations on your victory. While I am still skeptical about your ideological conversion, if you are genuine then we should be able to work together and get some stuff done in the Senate.

If only you had shown this "willingness for cooperation" the multiple times I contacted you and other individuals in the Federalist Party, instead of ignoring my PMs!!! Exactly one person has shown good faith in that mess of a party, and he wasn't even someone I contacted.

Considering your embarrassing vote to expel me without even providing a reason, it's pretty transparent that this is just a response to my resounding victory; if I had lost as you had desperately hoped, you would have simply failed to acknowledge my campaign. Fortunately, your views in a very small minority in the population and the attempt to destroy me was swatted away like a fly!!!

That said, I am willing to working with all sorts of people to Make Atlasia Great Again!!!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 03:55:21 PM »

If only you had shown this "willingness for cooperation" the multiple times I contacted you and other individuals in the Federalist Party, instead of ignoring my PMs!!! Exactly one person has shown good faith in that mess of a party, and he wasn't even someone I contacted.

Considering your embarrassing vote to expel me without even providing a reason, it's pretty transparent that this is just a response to my resounding victory; if I had lost as you had desperately hoped, you would have simply failed to acknowledge my campaign. Fortunately, your views in a very small minority in the population and the attempt to destroy me was swatted away like a fly!!!

That said, I am willing to working with all sorts of people to Make Atlasia Great Again!!!

Y'know, some would describe me as being a cynical person. I still don't believe that you've changed, nor do I really care. As I've said, if you are genuine then we should be able to work together and get some stuff done.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2015, 04:11:18 PM »

Boy, who would have ever thought that the Federalist Party would ever be in a position to shrug off individual elected Senators? Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 04:18:44 PM »

Y'know, some would describe me as being a cynical person. I still don't believe that you've changed, nor do I really care. As I've said, if you are genuine then we should be able to work together and get some stuff done.

Got to love the fake machismo here! Meanwhile, I'm sure you're typing away hundreds of posts on the Federalist/RPP forum complaining about me and pretending your party (which couldn't even find another senate candidate, let alone a presidential one) is doing well (so much for the "I don't really care". Continue living in your fantasy world!!!

Boy, who would have ever thought that the Federalist Party would ever be in a position to shrug off individual elected Senators? Tongue

Oh, they're most certainly not, though they're busy trying to convince themselves they are.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2015, 12:22:54 AM »

No party is ever in such a position. But in terms of having five Federalist Senators, I did. Frankly it never mattered how many we had. Zero or five, we were going to pull through and we did. That is something that nobody grasped except for us.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2015, 01:19:20 AM »

Talleyrand, you took actions repeatedly that drove a wedge between yourself and the party. You joined it abruptly without much attempt to bridge the gap before this race. Then all the sudden you are outraged that you face an expulsion vote, to which your response is not to assuage concerns, but attack the Vice Chair, the Party Secretary, most of its sitting officeholders, and active members in the early part of the vote. You called for the dissolution of game, a position the Party is steadfastly against. You have allied with people that despise our Party and sought to destroy it. You have yourself attacked, mocked and condemned the party and apparently desire to continue to do so.

You did very little to pre-establish your conversion ideologically, which was the primary basis for justifying you not being expelled.

You first step should have been to acknowledge past differences, form alliances and establish a clear area of common ground. That is how Marokai was accepted by a conservative Party, with relative ease. No expulsion votes and most concerns dissipated after a few days. He too followed that up with a Senate run as well, but the trajectory was entirely different, because he was determined to build bridges. You seemed to expect it. Yes, we benefit from having you as a member, but that doesn't change the obligation of proving yourself from being your responsibility. Not mine, not that of PiT or Classic to just sit down and shut up, it was your task to convince the members.

I actually did type a response  to your PM about expulsion, but I figured that 1) this has to be settled in public and 2) chances are my specific recommednations would be ignored.

Anyway, congrats on your victory. You were a decent Senator the last time until your abrupt resignation, lets hope this time will be the same.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2015, 06:15:33 PM »

Senator Yankee, I am not going to apologize for my attempt to revitalize the moribund conservative movement in this country!!! I am not going to sacrifice my beliefs at the altar of political correctness, and now that the party is on its knees begging for forgiveness, I am willing to work with all who voted against me. I thank you for your support, and look forward to working with you and other conservative Federalists to #MakeAtlasiaGreatAgain!!!

Anyway, I have moved to my new Senate office.

Proud to introduce my new receptionist, Faye Rogers Baker!!! A strong lady who understands what's wrong with this country!!!

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »

I stand with the greatest Senator in our history! Using one of the major parties to MakeAtlasiaGreatAgain!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2015, 10:52:32 AM »

I stand with the greatest Senator in our history! Using one of the major parties to MakeAtlasiaGreatAgain!

Wonderful to see you back, old friend!!! The movement's momentum continues!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies