Structure, size, powers and election of Presidency, VP. (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:29:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Structure, size, powers and election of Presidency, VP. (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Structure, size, powers and election of Presidency, VP. (Debating)  (Read 17343 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 12, 2015, 11:20:17 PM »

Here is why I do NOT support removing the Vice President...

While the governing factor is important, the primary thing that drives this game are elections. Having vice presidential candidates requires more strategy and generates more interesting elections.

If you think the position should have more responsibilities, then fine, give it more responsibilities. But removing the position as a whole will lead to less exciting elections, thus, a less exciting game.

I urge members of the convention to vote against any proposal eliminating the office of Vice President.

I'm with tmth on this one. Plus I'll add one more thing. Line of succession. Do we really want to just give the head of the legislative branch a free shot at the presidency in case of resignation or removal of the president? Hence I call motion to reconsider the amendment just adopted should such motions be allowed in this convention.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »

I much prefer Duke's approach to yours, Adam. Tongue People's House Speaker, Senate PPT, and a VP acting as the the one who keeps the two houses functional.

Here here.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 08:47:32 PM »

Aye, also I'd propose an amendment to allow the VP to be part of the cabinet if it's mutually agreed by the ticket and approved by both houses.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies