Structure, size, powers and election of Presidency, VP. (Debating)

<< < (20/20)

sentinel:
Quote from: windjammer on October 31, 2015, 12:55:17 PM

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ahem, ahem -- allow me to make my rare post. I picked Dallasfan because 1) he's the bomb and 2) to unite the two smaller parties behind a candidate to be competitive for first choice picks and then (ideally) win on second/third choices etc. We only came 5(?) votes shy of winning so the strategy was fairly effective. Someone else wrote we were terrible campaigners -- you're mis-remembering. We were decent at the minimum. Dallasfan and I had a huge outreach effort going on, although we did come up short in the end.

Adam Griffin:
Yes, even I can admit that the sirnick / dallasfan ticket overperformed relative to the upsets that the DemPGH / windjammer ticket was able to generate with the relatively large number of defections (21% of the conservative vote), but there is a caveat there. As windjammer can attest to, this is in part due to my laziness during the election save for the NE Senate race; I was completely convinced we would win after the first 12 hours or so (and I was right, wasn't I?) so I sent out only a handful of PMs that weekend. I had to deal with jambles constantly telling me "we're going to lose! The margin is closing!" etc etc, but based on initial returns, I was confident that we would eek out a victory in any scenario, as well as in a majority of Senate races. So, their efforts were largely successful because they did not have the Griffin machine grinding out one unbelievable vote after another; it's amazing what I can do when my back is against the wall! However, because I was not threatened by them, their over-performance had no counter from me.

Had it been a status quo election where all of the Federalists and conservatives knee-jerked against Labor, though, then the result would have been a mirror image in terms of margin. Fortunately, several of those votes came in early and cemented their fate.

But history doesn't remember losers well (unless and/or especially if they delete the appropriate threads)!

Fmr. Pres. Duke:
Have we settled the issue of the VP yet? Not that I'm complaining about having nothing to do, but we need closure here

Unconditional Surrender Truman:
Quote from: VP Duke on March 16, 2016, 09:56:56 AM

Have we settled the issue of the VP yet? Not that I'm complaining about having nothing to do, but we need closure here

The text of the Executive Article adopted by the Convention preserves the office of VP and gives him the additional duty of serving as "President of the Congress" (i.e. the coordinator of the House and Senate). The specifics of that role will be hashed out once we've finished with the Judiciary and the Bill of Rights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page