Powers of federal govt (Senate) and of regional govts. (Debating)

<< < (2/34) > >>

bore:
The problem (which I think is continued by just changing each individual section individually) was that the constitution basically stipulated almost every important detail of atlasia so to change anything had to be done via a constitution (there is no reason, for example, that the constitution rather than legislation should stipulate the activity standard for voting in elections, say). That plus the awful quality of the writing meant the flow of amendments.

Unconditional Surrender Truman:
Quote from: President bore on October 10, 2015, 09:27:41 AM

The problem (which I think is continued by just changing each individual section individually) was that the constitution basically stipulated almost every important detail of atlasia so to change anything had to be done via a constitution (there is no reason, for example, that the constitution rather than legislation should stipulate the activity standard for voting in elections, say). That plus the awful quality of the writing meant the flow of amendments.

This is exactly why I've been pushing to strike the text of the current Constitution in full. We need a complete re-write, not piecemeal reform.

Marokai Backbeat:
Amendments being subject to presidential veto is a terrible idea. I agree that there should be a bit higher threshold for pushing Amendments down for ratification, but to the extent that is done depends heavily on what legislature we end up with when all is said and done.

Quote from: Senator Truman on October 10, 2015, 01:11:58 PM

This is exactly why I've been pushing to strike the text of the current Constitution in full. We need a complete re-write, not piecemeal reform.

Which is why I agree with this ^. It's almost impossible to have the Amendment process in detail when we don't even know the legislative system we're going to agree to.

Unconditional Surrender Truman:
I offer the following amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Senator Cris:
Delegates have 24 hours to object to the Truman's amendment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page