Structure, size and elections of Senate/House (Debating)

(1/66) > >>

Senator Cris:
This thread will be about structure and size of the Senate.

Constitution articles about it:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE:
might be an interesting idea to replace the senate with an amalgam of every regional legislature, meeting together. would certainly rekindle interest in regional governments, although obviously there'd have to be some kind of regulation on the sizes of regional legislatures.

Senator Cris:
If someone wants to discuss about bicameralism, this is the right thread.

Lincoln Republican:
In my view, a bicameral legislature is not practical for Atlasia at this time.

I do not believe we should be adding another layer of government to consider and debate legislation, unless increased activity warrants such a move.

If we do go to three regions, then we should have a Senate of nine, in order to have three Senators per region.  

I realize there may be some who would prefer two Senators per region, for a Senate of six.

Both of these options should be considered.

Associate Justice PiT:
Quote from: low-energy loser evergreen on October 09, 2015, 08:36:19 AM

might be an interesting idea to replace the senate with an amalgam of every regional legislature, meeting together. would certainly rekindle interest in regional governments, although obviously there'd have to be some kind of regulation on the sizes of regional legislatures.

This is a really cool idea, and one that I would support. It would efficiently cut down on the number of offices while also maintaining a real place for the regions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page