Diplomatic relationship with other political simulations.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Diplomatic relationship with other political simulations.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Diplomatic relationship with other political simulations.  (Read 3537 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:22 PM »

From what I've seen, there's nothing in the Constitution about it.

There is this act approved by the Senate in 2005: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Diplomatic_Mission_Act
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »

If other political simulations exist, such as they do with South America, then diplomatic relations would be a good idea.

If there is a game moderator involved, their actions would have to be the bounds of proper diplomatic relations, and not actions off the wall.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »

The only thing that should be settled during this ConCon with respect to this particular issue is the specific mechanism for acknowledgement of other entities to be used once ratified and once the new game is stabilized. That is almost certainly what would happen anyway, but I feel that it should be reiterated nonetheless.

The primary component of interest for changes in this particular part of the Constitution is rooted in a loud, but notably small, segment of a game that wishes us nothing but harm. We should not codify any specifics into the Constitution that gives them formal recognition, as it would be a case of putting all of our cards on the table and tying our hands behind our backs.

In short, we should force them to behave and not derail this process - both during the ConCon and during the formative weeks and months after adoption - if recognition is really what they want, by making sure we get what we want first and foremost.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »

Maybe we should have a single GM for both Atlasia and South America.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »

Maybe we should have a single GM for both Atlasia and South America.

Ideally we'd abolish the GM in both cases. Unworkable position most of the time.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »

We should have a limited GM for the most part only doing unemployment and a few events every once in a while but merge it with Home Affairs, and then base everything else off of the current news/events.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 02:20:22 AM »

I am supportive of diplomatice interactions but we should merely include the necessary powers to form treaties, conduct foreign policy, make war etc etc in the Constitution. The nature and content of the relationship should be part of the gameplay, hence its appeal. Deciding it here, would essentially make the decision and therefore remove all the positive aspects of it as potentially being a gameplay issue.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »

I am supportive of diplomatice interactions but we should merely include the necessary powers to form treaties, conduct foreign policy, make war etc etc in the Constitution. The nature and content of the relationship should be part of the gameplay, hence its appeal. Deciding it here, would essentially make the decision and therefore remove all the positive aspects of it as potentially being a gameplay issue.

Agreed. In general, I'm not a fan of including every detail of governance in the Constitution, anyways.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 12:18:08 PM »

Naturally, it removes stuff from the playable realm.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »

We should have a limited GM for the most part only doing unemployment and a few events every once in a while but merge it with Home Affairs, and then base everything else off of the current news/events.

Basically, we'd use the SoIA to do SoIA stuff and scotch the GM? That makes sense.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 01:20:52 AM »

That would be interesting. However, the key remains the same for any simulation aspect and that is that people have to respect that aspect and take what is put out as gospel and to the extent that people refuse to do so, it breaks the game so to speak. Yet few seem to realize this and many times we have seen people over and over ignore it out of convenience.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »

I think we definitely need a GM.

As for diplomatic relations, I think the President and the Senate should have the power to establish relations on our side.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »

Out of curiosity, would these relations be limited to South America (or other simulations on Atlas), or would they be extensible to other websites?  I have no skin in the game, as Atlasia is my only political sim, but one might wonder given the thread title...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies