Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:19:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED)  (Read 64462 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: October 08, 2015, 12:06:24 PM »

Three, I think, would be the absolute most we can sustain.

And for the record, I am fully against the last "secession" proposal. To enact something like that would be to invite the dissolution of Atlasia within five minutes, not to mention seccession itself is beyond pointless in the context of this game.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:51:49 PM »

Aye
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 12:57:29 PM »

Lmao oakvale.

I honestly dont care about this issue.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 02:34:35 AM »

After some thought:
Nay
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 04:31:43 AM »

1) 3 regions
2) 2 regions
3) 4 regions
4) 5 regions
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 01:23:28 PM »

I object considering the map endorsed by the convention of regional consolidation isn't this map.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 01:30:11 PM »

Fine you're right,
I don't object anymore.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »

I object.

I like the map, however, Jefferson was a slave owner, and I do not believe a region of Atlasia should be named after a slave owner.

I know he advocated for emancipation, however, the fact remains that he was a major slave owner throughout his lifetime.

This does not reflect well as a name for a region I believe.

You should do like me. No objecting, and then after it is passed, propose an amendment changing the name of the region.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 09:40:16 AM »

Aye, but I will propose an amendment adopting the map endorsed by the will of the people later.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 06:13:07 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2015, 06:56:32 AM by windjammer »

Leinad, you participated to The Convention for Agreement on Regional Consolidation in Atlasia, here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=216567.0
The goal of this convention was to select a map. You proposed your map, everyone proposed their maps, and in the end a map was selected.

There is no justification to give you about why a state should be in this region and not in an another region, a majority of the people chose this map.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »

Motion to end the debates on the adopted map.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »

Nay
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »

I'm objecting.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 05:03:20 PM »

I'm fine moving Kansas so long as this doesn't open the floodgates for everyone and their brother to request to move their state.

Kansas is much more southern than northern or coastal elitist.
If you agree to adopt a change, then we will have to consider all the other changes because that would be unfair to the others, don't you think.

The CARCA was adopted less than 2 months ago. Maybe you did have good reasons for leaving this game and I hope nothing wrong happened to you tmthforu, but I don't want to reopen the debates about the map. CARCA's goal was to speed the process. If we start hearing all the potential changes, the constitutional convention will last too much time.

And your argument doesn't make sense. That would be like restarting a presidential election everytime a new user registers because that would be unfair to him by not doing that, because he wouldn't have been involved in the process.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 07:35:27 AM »

My argument makes complete sense - it amazes me how time and time again, individuals at this convention are trying to rush things through and stifle debate.

Your argument is the one that doesn't make sense - comparing this to a presidential election is like comparing apples to oranges.

I have a question for you, Windjammer, and others who are opposed to any changes because of CARCA: Was CARCA binding?
Sometimes it can be useful to compare apples and oranges by the way, and your argument still doesn't make no sense. CARCA was made in order to speed the process, not my fault if you chose to leave the game.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »

And I oppose Truman's amendment. It wasn't the map decided by thr CARCA.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 08:55:08 AM »

Nay

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 06:35:49 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2015, 07:04:59 AM by windjammer »

Leinad:

Well, you can say as well that not all the people voted for the election of the delegates. The CARCA represented every people that wanted to participate: DIRECT DEMOCRACY.

My argument makes complete sense - it amazes me how time and time again, individuals at this convention are trying to rush things through and stifle debate.

Your argument is the one that doesn't make sense - comparing this to a presidential election is like comparing apples to oranges.

I have a question for you, Windjammer, and others who are opposed to any changes because of CARCA: Was CARCA binding?
Sometimes it can be useful to compare apples and oranges by the way, and your argument still doesn't make no sense. CARCA was made in order to speed the process, not my fault if you chose to leave the game.
What an undemocratic way to look at things! "Oh, you weren't registered in the game when we talked about maps, so you can't have an opinion." Once again, if CARCA were binding, you would be absolutely correct. But it isn't. It was a group of random people, not determined by any legal document, who came up with a suggestion.
This is democratic: I have the right to believe the CARCA map should be adopted because it was chosen by the convention. I

It would be appreciated if you started acting a little more respectful. Some people are trying to have a mature conversation!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »

Abstain.

I don't care about this issues.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »

Changing my vote to Aye.

I honestly believe this idea is useless but there are people who have been registered in Canada and I dont support mass deportation.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »

Cris,
Dont forget I would like a thread to be open about the number of office someone could hold Wink.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 10:31:15 AM »

Are we really going to debate secession?

Because this has always been retarded.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »

Aye

Nay
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France