Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:03:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30
Author Topic: Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED)  (Read 63050 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2015, 08:32:16 PM »

I propose the following amendment:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

As I have said, this isn't about whether or not you support secession. It is merely about putting a process in place. I have proposed strict guidelines because I don't think secession should be easy. If 3/4s of a region want to secede, especially considering we are likely to have two-three diverse regions, rather then five currently, I think there should be a process in place that allows for them to.

I find this to be a reasonable compromise between what both sides are asking for. I urge others to withdraw their amendments and lets vote on this one.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »

Nay. No further comment
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2015, 12:25:55 AM »

Nay
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2015, 12:34:25 AM »

This reminds me of that time that Governor Tmth et al just kept droning the Mideast with one constitutional abortion ban after another until they finally got their way. It seems like it was like the 10th one that finally passed, probably because people just grew apathetic over voting against abortion bans one right after the other and stopped responding to GOTV PMs. I wonder if that's the aim here?

I propose the following amendment:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

As I have said, this isn't about whether or not you support secession. It is merely about putting a process in place. I have proposed strict guidelines because I don't think secession should be easy. If 3/4s of a region want to secede, especially considering we are likely to have two-three diverse regions, rather then five currently, I think there should be a process in place that allows for them to.

I find this to be a reasonable compromise between what both sides are asking for. I urge others to withdraw their amendments and lets vote on this one.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2015, 02:48:24 AM »

I propose we:

- vote on the Clyde and Tmth's amendment;
- then, if these two amendments are NOT approved, we vote on a simple ballot: "Should secession be legal?".
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2015, 02:53:42 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2015, 03:23:11 AM by Speaker Cris »

I'm against secession, but I think Tmthforu's amendment is a very sensible amendment and that it might be a good compromise. This doesn't mean I'm in favour of secession. I think secession doesn't make sense in a game like Atlasia, but this amendment is a lot better than the others.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2015, 03:04:15 AM »

Nay on the Leinad's amendment.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2015, 03:11:05 AM »

NAY

But I would be open to changing my opinion on a higher threshold like say that of Tmth's. Sorry, Leinad. Sad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2015, 07:28:39 AM »

Aye!

I suppose Cris's idea is good enough. And I also agree with Truman on the wording and such--I was basically wording it the same as the original Classic Conservative amendment.

I also support Tmth's amendment. (Also, what's with people changing their display names to versions of Classic Conservative? I must admit, part of me wants to change mine to "Classic(al) Liberal!" But only part...)

This reminds me of that time that Governor Tmth et al just kept droning the Mideast with one constitutional abortion ban after another until they finally got their way. It seems like it was like the 10th one that finally passed, probably because people just grew apathetic over voting against abortion bans one right after the other and stopped responding to GOTV PMs. I wonder if that's the aim here?

Yeah, we're in collusion to spam the Convention with amendment after amendment until we get our way by boring everyone to submission. Roll Eyes

(Seriously, though, we're not coordinating at all, especially not in some evil scheme to ruin Atlasia. Removeth thou tinfoil hat.)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2015, 08:51:56 AM »

Yay on Leinad's amendment. With Truman's suggestions added would be better.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2015, 09:51:19 AM »

NAY on Leinad's amendment.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »

Aye
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2015, 12:08:28 PM »

Aye guess.

I second the motion for a simple "Should secession be legal?" ballot to settle this issue and see those of us who value democracy and human rights can best proceed.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »

Aye

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

Aye guess.

I second the motion for a simple "Should secession be legal?" ballot to settle this issue and see those of us who value democracy and human rights can best proceed.
Thirded. We should have a 'principle' vote - before moving into how to implement it.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »

Aye guess.

Thirded. We should have a 'principle' vote - before moving into how to implement it.
This exactly - I would suggest doing this as soon as the current vote is over.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »

Nay, I support 3/4 instead of 3/5
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2015, 03:20:03 PM »

Going forward, when making decisions on secession, I would like to remind delegates that a majority of Atlasians recently polled SUPPORT having a clause in the constitution that establishes a process for secession, and the vast majority of citizens who have publicly spoken on the issue also support it.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=221165.0
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2015, 03:40:19 PM »

If we have seccesion it should be 3/4 but I still won't any measure it allows seccesion
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2015, 03:56:15 PM »

Aye guess.

I'd like to remember that after this amendment there is a Clyde's amendment and a Tmthforu's amendment.
I planned to do that after the vote on these two amendments (if both won't pass) but if both Clyde and Tmthforu want to withdraw their amendments,  I'll hold this vote soon. But I can't force them to withdraw their amendments if they don't want.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »

I vote Grin on the amendment.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2015, 10:32:07 PM »

I think our best bet is to design a simple text with a 75% threshold for passage and then pass it so we can move on to the most important issue of all. Deciding the number of regions, once we have that settled, the discussion on the structure of the Legislative branch can proceed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2015, 10:46:54 PM »

Nay on Leinads amendment
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »

Aye guess.

I'd like to remember that after this amendment there is a Clyde's amendment and a Tmthforu's amendment.
I planned to do that after the vote on these two amendments (if both won't pass) but if both Clyde and Tmthforu want to withdraw their amendments,  I'll hold this vote soon. But I can't force them to withdraw their amendments if they don't want.
I'd prefer to hold the principle vote before voting on my amendment - if the principle vote goes against succession, then I'll withdraw it.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »

Aye guess.

I'd prefer to hold the principle vote before voting on my amendment - if the principle vote goes against succession, then I'll withdraw it.
If Tmthforu is not willing to withdraw his amendment, the principle vote will be held after the votes on your two amendments.
If Tmthforu wants to withdraw his amendment, I'll hold a principle vote soon and then, if it's in favour of secession, we'll vote on your amendment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies