Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Number of Regions/Regional Governments (DEBATE CLOSED)  (Read 64232 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 11:27:09 AM »

I had intended to replace "Jefferson" with "Rayburn" once this amendment was adopted. If we'd rather let the Regions name themselves, that's fine by me, but I'd rather not enshrine such bland names as "the North" and "the West" in the Constitution. It's a stylistic point, and I won't protest if that's what the Convention wants to do, but I personally would prefer a more original approach.

OK, sounds good.  Replace "Jefferson" with "Rayburn" so each region has a distinctive name.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 10:15:04 PM »

I will support the amendment with the following provision:

iii.  ..........and shall be styled "Jefferson."  "Rayburn."

Jefferson was a slave holder.

Also, we should make for provision for Minnesota and Iowa to be moved to the west region if this is the consensus. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »

Personally, I am not in favor of having anything outside the United States.

The U.S. plus Puerto Rico should suffice.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 05:28:01 PM »

Nay
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 08:30:18 PM »

Here is the map:

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 12:08:13 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Actually, Truman's  idea of regional names is a good one.

After all, the nation has a particular name, Atlasia.

Franklin, a founding father from the Northeast
Rayburn, an outstanding legislator from the South
Fremont, a notable explorer of the West

Throughout the world, regions, provinces, states, have their own distinctive name, not simply named after their geographic location.

There is nothing confusing about three names.  Anybody whether new or anyone who has been here for awhile should be able to recognize three different names.

You are really underestimating people's intelligence by saying new players would find it confusing.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 12:54:22 PM »

I do not believe that the regions should be allowed to name their own region.

Nor do I believe that the regions should have any authority to change the name of their region.

The Atlasian constitution should set the boundaries of the regions and the names of the regions, so they are set, and cannot be changed.

Otherwise we end up with ridiculous names like the Imperial Dominion of the South, the Dirty South, the Althing, etc, etc, etc, or whatever.

As well, the Atlasian constitution should lay out the names of the officers of the regions.  All regions should have a Governor, Lieutenant Governor, an Assembly, members of the Assemblies shall all be known as Representatives.

That way we avoid ridiculous titles such as Emperor or Grand Vizier, King in the North, or whatever.

We have to set standards and make them permanent.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »

Aye
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »

Region A (blue)Sad Fremont_____________________
Region B (green)Sad Rayburn_____________________
Region C (red)Sad Franklin_____________________

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2015, 10:46:26 PM »

Since it is obvious that this convention is not going to adopt the sensible names  suggested by Truman and myself, why not simply go with the obvious West, South, North.

I say North because not all of the states in the red area are actually Northeast states.  North is actually more representative of the red region than is Northeast.

In the interest of unity, I ask my fellow delegates to get behind the names of West, South, North, and let us get on with other matters.

West, South, North should not be objectionable or controversial.

I change my vote to West, South, North.   

Region A (blue)SadWest_________________
Region B (green)Sad South_____________________
Region C (red)Sad North_____________________

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 10:16:55 PM »

1.  West, South, North
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »

Aye

But we also really need to specify that there will be some sort of (in parentheses) regional identifier (likely based on geography) recognized in federal documents/Wiki if when the names become silly.

And we know they will become silly.  Very silly.  I have been saying that for weeks in this convention.

That is why we should have set names, unchangeable.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:40 PM »

Aye
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 10:49:05 PM »

Well, you know, some Libertarians, who shall remain anonymous, bless their hearts, believe that citizens should have the right to do anything without any interference from governments.

Truly, there are times when citizens have to be protected from themselves by governments.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2015, 02:12:41 PM »

AYE

Well, you know, some Libertarians, who shall remain anonymous, bless their hearts, believe that citizens should have the right to do anything without any interference from governments.

Truly, there are times when citizens have to be protected from themselves by governments.  

Dallas and Nappy's 2014 romp through the Northeast really did leave a lasting impact on you.

Napoleon was always one of my very best friends and allies on this forum.

He and I supported one another the vast majority of the time, so I fail to see your point here regarding my good friend Napoleon.

Dallasfan and I had our differences,  true enough, as he seemed to have a philosophy of anything goes, no matter the harm done.

I am pleased to say that I was successful in having some of his more obscene ands harmful pieces of legislation repealed and overturned.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2015, 12:21:43 PM »

Nay
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »

Option 1  Nay
Option 2  Aye
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2015, 03:49:37 PM »

It's bad enough giving the regions carte blanche authority to rename their regions with stupid and ridiculous names, but giving them authority to rename their states with even more stupid names is one of the most ridiculous amendments I have ever seen proposed in my life here on this forum.

Will this madness never end?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »

I as well object to ilikeverin's amendment.

If we are going to grant the regions the right to rename their regions and their constituent states with stupid and ridiculous names, then there is no way that this ludicrousness should be recognized and ratified by Atlasia as official.

This will only cause mass confusion.     
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »

Nay

This amendment leads down only one highway, the highway of mass confusion.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2016, 11:42:41 AM »

I do not mind some regional latitude, however, my fear is if given too much authority, they will tend to go overboard, rather than steer a reasonable course.

We already all know, for example, that the regions are going to be renaming themselves with silly and ridiculous names and titles for office holders.

Some restrictions should be put in place which the regions will have to follow and adhere to.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 10:51:59 PM »

NAY

There needs to be some controls in place to prevent this game  from going completely overboard.

What do you plan on doing, keep holding re-votes until you get the results you are looking for?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2016, 10:52:35 PM »

It's not perfect, we are giving regions license to be victims of their own stupidity, but

Aye
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies