Proposals Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:14:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Proposals Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposals Thread  (Read 21302 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: October 08, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »

I wish to propose a thread wherein it is confirmed that Atlasia has a clear separation of church and state.

The purpose of this would be to ensure that religious beliefs are protected under the constitution. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:19:53 PM »

I'd like to have a thread on a "blank slate" clause that would wipe out all current legislation - the fabled legislative reboot.
What do you mean?
Are you referring to the legislative system (the Senate, its composition)?

No. We wipe all laws passed from the books.
So regional laws also?

If we are going to do this, I believe it would be a good idea to have both federal and regional laws wiped off the books, since there are so many stupid laws now on the books.

There are as well, of course, some very good laws, but some really stupid, stupid ones as well.

With a clean slate, that would enable the federal and regional governments to begin afresh with laws for the good of the people of the nation. 

Along this line, I would like to see, if possible, a law on the books banning stupid, ridiculous, trivial laws from being introduced or passed.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies