The Office of Presiding Officer Cris
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:36:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Presiding Officer Cris
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Presiding Officer Cris  (Read 4523 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:23:07 AM »

This will be used as my ConCon office.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:56:22 AM »

Harry S. Truman is appointed Deputy Presiding Officer.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »

Harry S. Truman is appointed Deputy Presiding Officer.

I'm honored by the appointment, Mr. P.O.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »

This Con Con is under great management with two of the most knowledgeable and dedicated members of the Con Con as well two of the strongest and most informed proponents of a united and strong Atlasia. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »

Mr. Presiding Officer,

I have made a selection to replace Marokai Blue as a Midwest delegate.
I hereby appoint ilikeverin to represent the Midwest at the Constitutional Convention.

X Governor Tmthforu94
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »

Mr. Presiding Officer, now that this convention in its infinite wisdom has voted to make secession legal, when do we discuss under which terms secession is legal?

Should this not be settled before we get into a protracted discussion about the number of regions? 
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 03:11:26 PM »

Mr. Presiding Officer, now that this convention in its infinite wisdom has voted to make secession legal, when do we discuss under which terms secession is legal?

Should this not be settled before we get into a protracted discussion about the number of regions? 

First to moving to a debate on specific issues about secession and about the regions map, we should establish if secession is legal (and we did that) and what's the number of regions.
After these two principle votes, we'll go back to discuss on the details of secession and about the region map.

There's need to discuss the details of secession. To make examples: there was an amendment about a 3/4 threshold and I assume it'll be debated again. Another example: I want to make sure that voters of an independent region that don't want to stay in that independent region have the right to move to another region, so there will be an amendment on this matter.

We established that secession is legal, but the debate on specific details is not over. Now let's determine the number of regions and then we'll debate about the specific details.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 08:44:17 AM »

I'm resigning as Presiding Officer.

Considered that I was re-elected Senate Speaker, I'm resigning as Presiding Officer.
I want to focus on the Senate and so I've decided to resign as Presiding Officer. A capable Atlasian, Harry S. Truman, will take my job and I'm sure he'll do great things.
I'm proud of what we've done in this month of ConCon. We established what are the powers of federal government, we established a bicameral legislature, we retained the role of VP, we reformed the region system by adopting a new regions map and we decided that we'll repeal all current laws. Now, it's time to go forward and establish other important things and to draft the new version of the Constitution and I'm sure Truman will lead the ConCon to a positive result.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »

Congratulations to Harry Truman - I am sure he will do a great job! Thank you for your service, Cris!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »

Congratulations to Harry Truman - I am sure he will do a great job! Thank you for your service, Cris!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this, Cris - your leadership has gotten us off to a good start.

Thanks!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:54 AM »

Things are slowing down - I have been pretty MIA for the past few days and feel like I have barely missed anything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies