Who will lead the outparty 2020 prez nomination polls in 9 months?

(1/5) > >>

Mr. Morden:
18 months from now—April 2017, who’ll be leading the early national polls for the 2020 party nomination for president…of whichever party is not in the White House at the time?  That is, if you think a Democrat will win the presidency next year, then who’ll be leading the early polls for the 2020 Republican nomination?  And if you think a Republican will be in the White House, then who’ll lead the early polls for the 2020 Democratic nomination?

Blue3:
Warren (which still won't happen)

Rubio

And possibly the losing VP nominee.

Mr. Morden:
Warren looks like the obvious choice on the Dem. side.  Though I wonder will the pollsters include Sanders?  And how will he fair relative to Warren?  Gillibrand/Klobuchar might be realistic contenders for the nomination, but I don’t see how they get enough name recognition to be doing anything in the polls as early as 2017.

Rubio’s an obvious choice on the GOP side, but what if he’s the 2016 nominee?  The pollsters will count on him to pull an Adlai Stevenson, and run again?

I’m actually really not sure who would be listed in the GOP polls.  Like I said in the other 2020 thread, I think folks like Cotton, Haley, Pence, and Snyder might have a chance, but they all start with low name rec., so they’re not going to be leading any polls as early as 2017.

So who then?  I’m assuming that people will assume that Bush won’t try again?  What about Trump, Carson, etc.?

Paul Ryan is an interesting possibility.  Especially if he does become Speaker of the House in the interim.  He’d get his name out there again, and it’d surely fuel 2020 presidential buzz.

Also, yes, the losing VP nominee, whoever that may be, is another possibility.

Kingpoleon:
Democratic: Cory Booker/Andrew Cuomo

Republican: Marco Rubio/Paul Ryan

SUSAN CRUSHBONE:
kanye west, obviously.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page