Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:20:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Take Back Atlasia- Talleyrand 2015  (Read 5347 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 13, 2015, 12:22:54 AM »

Boy, who would have ever thought that the Federalist Party would ever be in a position to shrug off individual elected Senators? Tongue

No party is ever in such a position. But in terms of having five Federalist Senators, I did. Frankly it never mattered how many we had. Zero or five, we were going to pull through and we did. That is something that nobody grasped except for us.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 01:19:20 AM »

Talleyrand, you took actions repeatedly that drove a wedge between yourself and the party. You joined it abruptly without much attempt to bridge the gap before this race. Then all the sudden you are outraged that you face an expulsion vote, to which your response is not to assuage concerns, but attack the Vice Chair, the Party Secretary, most of its sitting officeholders, and active members in the early part of the vote. You called for the dissolution of game, a position the Party is steadfastly against. You have allied with people that despise our Party and sought to destroy it. You have yourself attacked, mocked and condemned the party and apparently desire to continue to do so.

You did very little to pre-establish your conversion ideologically, which was the primary basis for justifying you not being expelled.

You first step should have been to acknowledge past differences, form alliances and establish a clear area of common ground. That is how Marokai was accepted by a conservative Party, with relative ease. No expulsion votes and most concerns dissipated after a few days. He too followed that up with a Senate run as well, but the trajectory was entirely different, because he was determined to build bridges. You seemed to expect it. Yes, we benefit from having you as a member, but that doesn't change the obligation of proving yourself from being your responsibility. Not mine, not that of PiT or Classic to just sit down and shut up, it was your task to convince the members.

I actually did type a response  to your PM about expulsion, but I figured that 1) this has to be settled in public and 2) chances are my specific recommednations would be ignored.

Anyway, congrats on your victory. You were a decent Senator the last time until your abrupt resignation, lets hope this time will be the same.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies