If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:02:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be  (Read 70087 times)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 14, 2015, 04:05:52 AM »

1)Require independent commissions to draw all state legislative and Congressional districts, and to oversee elections in a nonpartisan manner (making many state Secretary of States obsolete).

2)Abolish the Senate. Establish a presidential council of some kind to offer advice and consent and conduct impeachment trials.

3)Allow the president to unilaterally fund the government at current levels.

4)Allow Congress the right to statutorily regulate political speech.

5)Hold elections every three years instead of every two years. Give presidents three year terms with a three term limit. Redistrict every nine years.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 01:43:28 AM »

I've been mulling whether I like this and changing elections to every 3 years:

-president - 3-year term, eligible to serve 3 terms (so nine years)
-House - up every 3 years
-Senate - still a 6-year term, but you alternate who is up for election between the 2 seats each time

I'm strongly in favor of this idea (including the 3-term eligibility for the president). I really think we'd benefit a lot from holding elections every 3 years instead of every 2. Way too much time is spent on electioneering instead of governing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies