LA - Clarus: Vitter losing all runoff scenarios (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:56:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA - Clarus: Vitter losing all runoff scenarios (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA - Clarus: Vitter losing all runoff scenarios  (Read 5309 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: September 28, 2015, 05:51:37 AM »

Color me skeptical - I'll believe it when I see it. It's not as if any of Vitter's problems have prevented them from re-electing him and I don't think "muh Jindal dislike" is necessarily going to translate into votes against him.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 02:22:18 AM »

Look, LA is not AR or TN. Democrats can still win there. Even Landrieu got 44% despite her terrible campaign.

Low excitement about the election and the runoff system probably helps republicans.

If anything, that helps the Democratic candidate. Southern Blacks turn out at a higher rate than AAs in other parts of the country, whether it's a runoff election or not.
I don't really see what was so bad about Landrieu's campaign. What else could she have done?

Not playing the race card might have helped. Oh, and maybe not calling your constituents racist and sexist might have helped as well. And not hiding from Obama too. I could go on and on. Given that campaign, she shouldn't have gotten 40%, much less 44%. The 2014 (and 2012) results were a warning sign for the LA GOP.

Sometimes, I wonder if you live in the same South as I do, especially since you probably live closer to me than any other Atlas user...as if doing/not doing any/all of those things would have made a difference. Southerners are notorious for making up grievances out of thin air - especially if they're racial in nature - and so all she did was prevent the cretins of Louisiana from having to lie about why they weren't going to vote for her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies