Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:20:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Constitutional Convention - Commentary thread.  (Read 14312 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »

1) Are most constitutional amendments not being included in the new constitution?
Great question. In all, the current Constitution has been amended 28 times since it went into effect. Most of these amendments are minor tweaks concerning specific clauses of the current Constitution, and therefore aren't the sort of thing that would be carried over in a new document. Keep in mind that we're changing the structure of the national government quite a bit, so amendments specifying the method for... electing Class A Senators, say... aren't really relevant to the new document. That's not true of every amendment, of course; for example, the Semi-Presidentialism Amendment has been incorporated into the new Constitution. On the whole, however, we've been seeking to build a new government, not simply rearrange the old one.

2) Has the convention adopted a number of members for a political party to be recognized as official? The 18th amendment specifies the number to be three.
The new Constitution does not set any requirements that must be met in order for a party to be considered "official." The general consensus among the delegates was that the current Constitution is too pedantic, and that the new Constitution should be "a framework, not a blueprint": that is, it should prescribe only the general structure of the game and allow the people to fine-tune the system through their elected lawmakers. Election regulations - including any specifications as to what makes a party "official" - will be made by the first Congress.

3) What happens to Atlasians living in Canadian provinces? Can we still vote in Atlasian elections like citizens living abroad or the new constitution denies us the right to vote?
That's a great question - thanks for bringing this up. Because the statute reboot will not take effect until after the scheduled elections for president and Congress, Atlasians residing in the Canadian provinces will be able to participate in that election under the terms of the Common Market Agreement. Nothing will change as far as how you vote in that first election. Under the terms of the reboot clause, all federal and regional laws - including the ACCMA - will be automatically repealed once the new government takes office. Once that happens, it will be up to the new president and Congress to reauthorize the ACCMA and amend it as necessary to reapportion the Canadian provinces between the three new Regions.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »

Do people know if many players are waiting for a reboot to be active or interested in holding offices. With the number of players currently active it doesn't look like even reducing to three regions, all offices in Nyman and regions will be active. Maybe the new government proposed was a solution adapted to two years ago in bringing more people to Nyman while reducing the number of regions so they are all active and competitive but right now with the number of people who seem interested in playing it seems big. 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2016, 11:24:40 PM »

Do people know if many players are waiting for a reboot to be active or interested in holding offices. With the number of players currently active it doesn't look like even reducing to three regions, all offices in Nyman and regions will be active. Maybe the new government proposed was a solution adapted to two years ago in bringing more people to Nyman while reducing the number of regions so they are all active and competitive but right now with the number of people who seem interested in playing it seems big. 

We cannot keep downsizing in search of a perpetually moving target. That is a road to nowhere.

KEep in mind we have a massive reset looming on both the Federal and Regional level. With ratification coming in less than a month perhaps, any efforts in the meantime will likely be deleted in a very short time of just a few weeks.

I know that within the Feds a lot of people have plans for the post consolidation Atlasia and therefore I expect an even greater level of participation.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is good to hear because I don't see with the current situation how all the roles and offices can be active.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2016, 09:58:05 PM »

Speaking of election regulations, if the Congress studies the minimum number of posts to be an eligible voter, I know there are reasons to fix a minimum but I have gone in periods of not posting much (only reading) and could not be a valid voter while some voters maybe don't even visit Atlasia but post regurlarly on other sections of the website.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2016, 02:07:08 AM »

Speaking of election regulations, if the Congress studies the minimum number of posts to be an eligible voter, I know there are reasons to fix a minimum but I have gone in periods of not posting much (only reading) and could not be a valid voter while some voters maybe don't even visit Atlasia but post regurlarly on other sections of the website.

Are you suggesting it be removed or just changed?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »

In past experience I would have found it more accomodating for me if the number was lower. I've thought of having a junk thread just to increase post count.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies