Ben Carson on Meet The Press
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:25:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ben Carson on Meet The Press
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Ben Carson on Meet The Press  (Read 4090 times)
user12345
wifikitten
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:28:19 AM »

This morning while on Meet The Press, he said he doesn't believe a Muslim should be elected president, says Islam inconsistent with Constitution and that there should be some type of "test" for presidential candidates. http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ben-carson-does-not-believe-muslim-should-be-president-n430431?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=4c3216e64e4c6626d7812c8060e4f18b Sadly this will probably only help him in the primaries.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »

I love how the Republicans think the Democrats are unconstitutional, but the Constitution literally says "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

And people say Republicans are valid. LOL
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 08:40:11 AM »

I see that Carson is trying to win over Trump supporters.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:46:30 AM »

Yup Carson is trying to win Trump voters over aaaaaannnnndddd being a Muslim I now totally cut off Ben Carson from my list of people I can vote for.....too bad I kind of liked him.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »

This morning while on Meet The Press, he said he doesn't believe a Muslim should be elected president, says Islam inconsistent with Constitution and that there should be some type of "test" for presidential candidates. http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ben-carson-does-not-believe-muslim-should-be-president-n430431?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=4c3216e64e4c6626d7812c8060e4f18b Sadly this will probably only help him in the primaries.

The philosophy of a candidate's religion is HIGHLY relevant as to what kind of President he will be.  Islam isn't like Christianity, which doesn't endorse a theocracy, or Buddhism and Hinduism, which endorse lifestyles, but are not particularly proselytizing.  There are aspects of Islamic faith that are very much in conflict with the idea of liberal democracy, and one of those ideas is the voluntary surrendering of public office after losing an election.  How Muslims, even "moderate" Muslims, rule over states where Islam is in the majority, is a reflection of Muslim ideas of government.  At a certain point, the Constitution is only a piece of paper, while the President remains the Commander in Chief of the military. 
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 09:05:25 AM »

The philosophy of a candidate's religion is HIGHLY relevant as to what kind of President he will be.  Islam isn't like Christianity, which doesn't endorse a theocracy, or Buddhism and Hinduism, which endorse lifestyles, but are not particularly proselytizing.  There are aspects of Islamic faith that are very much in conflict with the idea of liberal democracy, and one of those ideas is the voluntary surrendering of public office after losing an election.  How Muslims, even "moderate" Muslims, rule over states where Islam is in the majority, is a reflection of Muslim ideas of government.  At a certain point, the Constitution is only a piece of paper, while the President remains the Commander in Chief of the military. 

I'm not even going to bother wasting my time pointing out the flaws in your statement.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 09:31:24 AM »

Tell that to Mike Huckabee.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 09:31:40 AM »

Tell that to Mike Huckabee.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 09:48:26 AM »

Yup Carson is trying to win Trump voters over aaaaaannnnndddd being a Muslim I now totally cut off Ben Carson from my list of people I can vote for.....too bad I kind of liked him.

Do you believe Carson would persecute Muslims?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »

Clearly he wants to bar them from office.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 09:50:36 AM »

Not necessarily, but lately the Anti-Muslim rhetoric from some of the candidates is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 10:28:30 AM »

"no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."-Article VI, paragraph 3.

It's pretty clear who's beliefs are more inconsistent with the Constitution.
Why
Unbiased
Australia

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »

It seems strange to me that someone who had a career as an expert in brains has failed to learn how to use his own.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »

"no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."-Article VI, paragraph 3.

It's pretty clear who's beliefs are more inconsistent with the Constitution.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »

Ugh. Sometimes this guy says things I like. I like how he showed some restraint when it came to foreign policy at that debate. But then he says stupid sh**t like this. He's my number 3 behind Paul and Cruz, but he's got to stop saying idiotic things for me to ever support him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »

I see that Carson is trying to win over Trump supporters.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 01:25:29 PM »

Prejudiced Jerk.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politics/ben-carson-muslim-president-2016/index.html
bobloblaw
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 01:52:11 PM »

I'm not even going to bother wasting my time pointing out the flaws in your statement.

There is NO separation of church and state in Islam.

The constitution doesnt prevent one from running, but only self hating nonmuslims would ever vote for a mohammedan
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 02:04:39 PM »

Prior to the Enlightenment, there wasn't in the Christian world either.
bobloblaw
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 02:05:37 PM »

That is why Christianity is a better organizing principle for civilization. Islam is not enlightened and not reformable
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »

That is why Christianity is a better organizing principle for civilization. Islam is not enlightened and not reformable

The same could easily have been said of Christianity in 1500. 

Another important point is the fact that Muslim rulers tolerated Christianity and Judaism during the Middle Ages.  Meanwhile, Christian rulers heavily persecuted both Jews and Muslims.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 02:41:06 PM »

I can see why Bobloblaw has a theater of stupidity named after him
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 02:48:17 PM »

You know what I love about bobloblaw?
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »

Instead of using the multi-quote feature.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »

He posts 2-3 idiotic replies at once.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies