The Office of the President—Presidential Tour
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:11:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Office of the President—Presidential Tour
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of the President—Presidential Tour  (Read 587 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2015, 04:39:27 PM »
« edited: September 11, 2015, 11:27:02 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Fellow citizens—

There was a time not so long ago when it seemed impossible: How could we ever build a home for ourselves that would actually work? A home that would have the comfort of the old place which many of us left, without the clunky bureaucracy or stale political affairs?

In its infancy, the experiment we call South America has mostly been a success: We have a government that works, a constitution that serves the people, and a new way of electing officials and debating bills that should satisfy many of us.

That being said, I see challenges ahead that we must overcome if this new nation is to flourish. As a nation, we can’t let our guard down; the work of building this country is not finished.

Since South America’s inception, I admit I have been on the sidelines, wanting to get involved but not exactly knowing how. As a member of parliament, my role would be clear: I’d present and debate bills. As a private citizen, it’s not so easy. We need to find opportunities to give the people of this country a chance to engage with the political process, and that is why I am opening an office here today—as a first step.

I don’t have a catch-all solution: Some have started successful papers while others have launched political organizations. What I am interested in most is starting a dialogue. How will what’s happening in parliament affect the people? How will we, the people, in turn respond? I invite anyone with ideas to discuss them here—I hope to provide some more of mine later this week.

Regardless of the challenges we face, however, we should be proud of the distance we have covered and the ground me have made. As I said, were are building a new nation. From scratch. Our work is commendable, and together, already, we are a strong and proud group. On we go, ready to face the road ahead. But, for now, congratulations are in order. To everyone who has helped, thank you.

Looking forward to what’s in store,

HagridOfTheDeep
Citizen
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:58:45 PM »

Hear, hear!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:25:56 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2015, 11:27:41 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Friends—

I would like to thank the South American Parliament for entrusting me with the role of president during these delicate times for our fledgling nation.

As I have mentioned in the past, this office, while ceremonial, also offers its holder significant soft power to work towards, and hopefully fulfill, goals that are in the national interest. I have therefore decided to begin my presidency with a tour of the continent that will see me discussing various regional issues, sharing ideas, and hearing from local citizens. I encourage everyone to follow along and participate in the series of town hall meetings I will be hosting.

The first leg of my tour includes stops in the following cities:

Monday, September 14th
Caracas, Venezuela—Venezuelan Prisons and Prison Reform

Wednesday, September 16th
Buenaventura, Colombia—The Illicit Drug Trade

Friday, September 18th
Brasilia, Brazil—Recession and Budget Concerns

You will note that I have rescinded my Conservative Party membership. As I tour the country, I want everyone to be confident that I approach my work as a uniter, not a divider. Although I may propose some solutions to the pressing challenges we face, my main goal on this tour is to hear from you, the people, and shine a light on the pressing challenges I mentioned above. I will not be a partisan president.

So, again, I hope you will follow my tour closely. I will continue to update my schedule as I criss-cross the country. Expect me to announce new initiatives regarding political engagement as well.

Excited for the days to come,

HagridOfTheDeep
President
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 09:00:24 AM »

To Excelentísimo Señor HagridOfTheDeep, el Presidente de América del Sur:

Señor el Presidente,

On behalf of the Parliament of South America I extend my warmest felicitations and congratulations on election to the office of President of the Republic. 

I take note of your pledge to serve our nation to the fullest of your ability and to use your high office to work for the national interest of all South Americans.

The Parliament of South America would be pleased to welcome you to Parliament House at your request.

Best regards,
Barnes
Speaker of the Parliament
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies