IA-NBC/Marist: With Hillary's favorables in the dumpster, GOP pulls ahead of her
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:28:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  IA-NBC/Marist: With Hillary's favorables in the dumpster, GOP pulls ahead of her
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IA-NBC/Marist: With Hillary's favorables in the dumpster, GOP pulls ahead of her  (Read 2769 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 04:42:49 PM »

CLINTON; Castro will win the prez tks to 272 firewal (Pa; Co, NEVADA will go to her because of Hispanics)

Biden will br better; but do you honesty think that Bill Clinton will be sidelined during the campaign; he is Hilary secret weapon.

...not only did you seriously reply to a parody of yourself your reply made no sense and had nothing to do with said post.

Okay, I was simply stating a fact that with Bill Clinton as her behind the scenes campaign manager; she will definitely still get lots of endorsements from congressmen like Tom Harkin and Shaheen just did; while he makes robo calls, she's not dropping out. Nor did she drop out when Obama had clinched enough delegates to win nomination in IN and NC.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2015, 04:53:56 PM by EliteLX »

It's so funny watching all of the Hillary fanboys and girls just running around in circles against literally every poll that shows Hillary on the slippery slope she is lol. Your candidate isn't a bulletproof messiah, she's a lying disingenuous broad.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 04:52:46 PM »

She isn't inevitable anymore, but she is still a slight favorite to win the presidency over Trump and a toss up over Jeb, slight underdog against kasich
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »

Damn, Hillary is really turning out to be a total disaster in the general election. Her favorables are a ridiculously bad 32-61. Biden's are 42-44. Sanders' are 36-29.

Biden did 9 points better than Hillary in both matchups. I don't know why they didn't poll Sanders, but he'd obviously do somewhat similar to Biden, if not a bit better.

Becasue the Serious People say he has no chance at all of winning the nomination. Some of those same people are still saying that Trump has no shot at winning the Republican nomination.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 05:14:52 PM »

Yes, polls 14 months before the general election are always very accurate. If only Obama had declined to run for re-election in 2011 (like you idiots are urging Clinton to do in this thread), he wouldn't have been thrown out of office in a landslide by current President Mitt Romney.

Seriously, I thought the Atlas forum's understanding of this would be a little more advanced than YouTube comment sections. Jesus christ.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 05:48:52 PM »

Yes, polls 14 months before the general election are always very accurate. If only Obama had declined to run for re-election in 2011 (like you idiots are urging Clinton to do in this thread), he wouldn't have been thrown out of office in a landslide by current President Mitt Romney.

Seriously, I thought the Atlas forum's understanding of this would be a little more advanced than YouTube comment sections. Jesus christ.

Obama never had favorable ratings anywhere as bad as Hillary's today.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 07:36:28 PM »

She isn't inevitable anymore, but she is still a slight favorite to win the presidency over Trump and a toss up over Jeb, slight underdog against kasich

I wish people would chill out. It's still way too early to make these statements.

Nothing really counts until late October. Let's see where we are then.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 11:10:30 AM »

This poll might not be junk; Hillary could really be losing Iowa this badly. However, the fact that she's had a bad summer doesn't mean that she's toast any more than her leading by so much back in 2014 meant that she was inevitable. Let's see what happens in January, when there are actual results to look at.
Warren Griffin
Red Shadow
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 12:34:32 PM »

The trend is significant. Might be not that disastrous in the end, but it seems that Biden is much more electable outside the Democrat base. He should run, if he can manage it. It shows that he ist the best choice to win for the Democrats.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 12:41:18 PM »

At this point, about 4 years ago

Obama At The Lowest Approvals In His Term So Far

Obama at 39% Approval

Obama Losing To Rick Perry

Taking GE polls from 13 months before the election particularly seriously isn't wise.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 05:52:19 PM »

Favorable / Unfavorable in 2011

Barack Obama: 46 / 46
Hillary Clinton: 58 / 31

Favorable / Unfavorable now

Hillary Clinton: 32 / 61

Do you see the difference?

Never did Obama's favorable rating go negative.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 06:02:02 PM »

http://www.pollingreport.com/obama_fav.htm

That's simply not true.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »

That's simply not true.

OK, but it wasn't negative by much.
Obama has always been a likable person and he still is.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that the poster I quoted compared the two things that weren't the same. We should compare 46/46 favorable rating of Obama then, with 32/61 rating of Hillary now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 07:11:55 PM »

Obviously general election polls taken now have very little predictive value.

But of course, the same was true back when Clinton was leading.  The polls back then didn't mean that she was going to win, just like the polls now don't mean that she's going to lose.

I remember IceSpear just a few months ago talking about how the fact that the country was so polarized meant that Clinton's polling lead was likely to remain throughout the campaign.  Oops.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 07:18:22 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2015, 07:55:34 PM by Ljube »

Obviously general election polls taken now have very little predictive value.

But of course, the same was true back when Clinton was leading.  The polls back then didn't mean that she was going to win, just like the polls now don't mean that she's going to lose.

I remember IceSpear just a few months ago talking about how the fact that the country was so polarized meant that Clinton's polling lead was likely to remain throughout the campaign.  Oops.

I remember myself ten months ago talking about Hillary's favorable rating and that it can only go one way (down) once she gets into the race.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »

Muh New Hampshire is Safe D
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 08:01:03 PM »

That's simply not true.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that the poster I quoted compared the two things that weren't the same. We should compare 46/46 favorable rating of Obama then, with 32/61 rating of Hillary now.

Excellent shifting of the goalposts.

Regardless, what is your point? Polls showed Obama losing even when he had better favorables? Thank you for arguing my point for me!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »

That's simply not true.

Excellent shifting of the goalposts.

Regardless, what is your point? Polls showed Obama losing even when he had better favorables? Thank you for arguing my point for me!

My point is the same that I made ten months ago in another thread about another poll - poll numbers don't matter this far out. What matters is favorability. And Hillary's favorability has sunk lower than I (or anyone) had expected.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=202960.0
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »

Her favorability has sunk in the midst of this email scandal, which neither you nor I know will or will not still be a thing come November of 2016. You're absolutely comparing apples and oranges -- Obama's favorability this time in 2011 and Hillary's right now are measured under different circumstances.

Also, Quinnipiac had Obama's favorability ranging from 47-47 to 42-53 around this time in 2011. Not sure where you're getting your numbers from. (Not trying to be snarky, just honestly am unaware of what polling agency you're using.) If elections truly were decided by favorability ratings in September of the year prior to the election, this upcoming election would consist of Hillary Clinton running to prevent President Romney from receiving a second term.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »

Her favorability has sunk in the midst of this email scandal, which neither you nor I know will or will not still be a thing come November of 2016. You're absolutely comparing apples and oranges -- Obama's favorability this time in 2011 and Hillary's right now are measured under different circumstances.

Also, Quinnipiac had Obama's favorability ranging from 47-47 to 42-53 around this time in 2011. Not sure where you're getting your numbers from. (Not trying to be snarky, just honestly am unaware of what polling agency you're using.) If elections truly were decided by favorability ratings in September of the year prior to the election, this upcoming election would consist of Hillary Clinton running to prevent President Romney from receiving a second term.

Huff Post, Gallup, doesn't matter. It's all the same and can't be that much different.

Romney didn't have a high favorable rating at that same time (2011). It was even or net negative, can't remember exactly.

The only thing that matters right now is favorability. All else is irrelevant.
Hillary's favorability is low and it can go only one way - down. There are many reasons for that, but the principal reason is that she is a poor campaigner.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2015, 09:01:51 PM »

Huff Post, Gallup, doesn't matter. It's all the same and can't be that much different.

Romney didn't have a high favorable rating at that same time (2011). It was even or net negative, can't remember exactly.

The only thing that matters right now is favorability. All else is irrelevant.
Hillary's favorability is low and it can go only one way - down. There are many reasons for that, but the principal reason is that she is a poor campaigner.

Ah, so we're all done with logical analysis? Excellent, thanks for your time!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies