Most popular/Least popular Governor..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:46:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most popular/Least popular Governor..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most popular/Least popular Governor.....  (Read 8422 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: May 10, 2005, 07:46:57 PM »

19% for Bob Taft?  Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  Thank God there's not much more of him left to go.

These names sprung out at me:

Christine Gregoire (D-WA): 36% approve, 58% disapprove.  Not bad going for only a couple of months.  That ballot fiasco has really done some damage.

George Pataki (R-NY): 36% approve, 56% disapprove.  The one man wrecking ball of the NY GOP continues to plummet.

Rick Perry (R-TX): 38% approve, 48% disapprove.  Hmmm....Hutchison could do well to capitalize on this.

Jeb Bush (R-FL): 49% approve, 46% disapprove.  Really?  I thought he was much more popular than that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 09:43:27 AM »

19% for Bob Taft?  Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  Thank God there's not much more of him left to go.

What did he do that's so bad? I heard he's a RINO.

It's a combination of things, mostly centered on his total inadequcy to actually run the state.  We've all sat and watched as the deficit and recession got worse (particularly in the North East), with education funding all but running out.  His response was a massive tax hike, which was actually much worse for the poor people and did hardly anything to the rich.  He also poured money into totally pointless schemes, such as rural barn renovation, in the hope that he'll be remembered for at least one good thing.  During the bad flood season, he decided to take a golfing vacation.  Lastly (and this is really just the first few things that come to mind), he was nowhere to be found for much of the presidential campaign.  You'd think he would have at least shown some interest in America's #1 swing state.

As for him being a RINO - not really.  He said he'd try and "govern from the middle" and all that, but I think he meant "from the middle of the GOP".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies