Most popular/Least popular Governor..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:34:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most popular/Least popular Governor..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most popular/Least popular Governor.....  (Read 8369 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 11, 2005, 06:17:15 PM »

I think I can do a bit to explain the "red states with blue governors" phenomenon: perhaps the reason is that governors who are of a different party than most of the electorate are likely to be moderates, and when governors don't anger either party (moderates are less likely to), the independents and both parties like them a lot more.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 05:29:51 AM »

I am curious and am hoping someone can answer a question I have. What's the deal with Ohio Republicans? From what you all have said, their governor is a major RINO, and both their senators are not exactly a sure-thing on certain votes. Like one of them not voting in favor of ANWR, or John Bolton (crying even.. O_o), firearm manufacturer protection and "assalt weapons" bills. Forgive the scattered references and such, but I have no clue what to make of it. Is Ohio like a RINO magnet or something???

I won't necessarily call DeWine a RINO...he generally votes conservative, although lately he's gone all McCain.

Bob Taft is kind of a RINO, in that he's increases taxes.  This has less to do with him having an economic plan than with him being an idiot for all I can tell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies