Most popular/Least popular Governor.....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:44:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most popular/Least popular Governor.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Most popular/Least popular Governor.....  (Read 8224 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2005, 02:47:04 AM »

Now why might women dislike Zer Governator? Roll Eyes
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2005, 02:52:29 AM »

Dammit!

Can't even do bad jokes properly Angry

It should have been Zer Gropannator...

I'll stop now
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2005, 06:02:45 AM »

I want one of those "I love Linda" t-shirts from Hawaii. She's my favourite GOP governor.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2005, 06:17:42 AM »

No! Ruth Ann has 40/51! Sad

I'd hate to see her cry Sad

Tom Vilsack is doing well, despite PB's claims (admittedly a while ago) that most Iowans hated him.

I've never heard of Hoeven before, but...wow!

I've never heard of Rounds before, but...wow!

I have heard of Taft before, and...not so wow.

Ernest was telling me Sanford was in trouble...apparently not :S

Mark Warner has food numbers for a future VP candidate, imho.

Holden might be gone, but Blunt seems to be...should I make the obvious and awful pun?
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2005, 09:53:51 AM »

^ Why do you think so many people disapprove of him?

When Frank Murkowski took over, the state was faced with a major budget gap. To fix it, he cut spending from just about everything he could. Benefits for the elderly were hit hard. As well as education. To raise money, he proposed all sorts of new taxes. He wanted to tax studded tires and dip into oil revenue, which is supposed to go to Alaskan residents, not the state. The taxes and trying to get into the Permanent Fund hurt him the most. It could be said that he had to make the decisions that Tony Knowles was too afraid to make.

AKSaber, do Alaska governors have term limits?  Because if not, I bet Tony Knowles could re-take his old seat.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2005, 03:34:20 PM »

^ Why do you think so many people disapprove of him?

When Frank Murkowski took over, the state was faced with a major budget gap. To fix it, he cut spending from just about everything he could. Benefits for the elderly were hit hard. As well as education. To raise money, he proposed all sorts of new taxes. He wanted to tax studded tires and dip into oil revenue, which is supposed to go to Alaskan residents, not the state. The taxes and trying to get into the Permanent Fund hurt him the most. It could be said that he had to make the decisions that Tony Knowles was too afraid to make.

AKSaber, do Alaska governors have term limits?  Because if not, I bet Tony Knowles could re-take his old seat.

Hopefully "I appoint my daughter to the Senate" will win the Republican primary.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2005, 05:22:50 PM »

Yes. Alaska governors are limited to 2 4-year terms, and Murkowski faces reelection in 2006. I think you're right. Knowles would have a good shot of becoming governor. But, I think he has his eye on the Senate. You see, Ted Stevens has said if ANWR doesn't get passed during his term, he'll resign. Sad So I think Knowles is waiting to see what will happen there.

Hopefully "I appoint my daughter to the Senate" will win the Republican primary.

LOL.....  I don't know why I found that funny. Tongue
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2005, 09:19:06 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2005, 09:28:40 PM by Q »

Please Hoeven run for Senate! These numbers, if they're fairly accurate, bode well for Hoeven should he decide to challenge Conrad. A Hoeven-Conrad race would be a barnburner for sure.

If Hoeven were to announce for Senate, would Conrad for Governor be a possibility?  The next ND gubernatorial race is in 2008, though, and I suppose Lt. Gov. Dalrymple would take over as Gov.

Hoeven was just re-elected in 2004.  Would he want to give up the last 2 years out of his 8 as Governor rather than taking on Dorgan in 2010?

I was just looking at the ND Governor's website.  North Dakota must have one of the best-educated executive teams of any state.  Hoeven went to Dartmouth and has an MBA from Northwestern, and the Lt. Gov. went to Yale.  I thought that was kind of funny for a state that gets such little recognition in anything.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2005, 09:49:55 PM »

Strange, every Democratic governor in a red state has a high approval rating.

Dave Freudenthal, Brian Schweitzer, Janet Napolitano, Brad Henry, Joe Manchin, Mark Warner, Kathleen Sebelius, Mike Easley. Bill Richardson

Can some of these governors go on to win Senate seats or even the Presidency?

No, they win local races, Senatorial/Presidential races are national races and more partisan. Warner could carry VA and Richardson NM, but that's it.

Speaking of which:
New Mexico     Bill Richardson     D     54%     39%

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn* Gonna be boring in 2006 in NM...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2005, 10:57:09 PM »

Speaking of which:

NM-1 is still a hot House seat (Madrid @ Wilson???) and Bingaman-Benavides will be one of the most hotly contested landslides. Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2005, 11:55:27 PM »

Speaking of which:

NM-1 is still a hot House seat (Madrid @ Wilson???) and Bingaman-Benavides will be one of the most hotly contested landslides. Tongue

Nah, Wilson will pull 53-56% again, although lots of money will be spent. Madrid isn't a bad candidate - imagine Rebecca Vigil-Giron. *shudders* Shocked

You think they'll get Benavides to run for Senate? I keep seeing Dan Foley's name mentioned seriously - OK, I just read the main NM political blog and Benavides is indeed running Roll Eyes
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2005, 01:00:20 PM »

Tom Benavides is running in the Democratic primary or as a Republican?

Republican. He switched a few years ago and almost won the State Auditor race in 2002... Wink
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2005, 05:10:47 AM »

I am curious and am hoping someone can answer a question I have. What's the deal with Ohio Republicans? From what you all have said, their governor is a major RINO, and both their senators are not exactly a sure-thing on certain votes. Like one of them not voting in favor of ANWR, or John Bolton (crying even.. O_o), firearm manufacturer protection and "assalt weapons" bills. Forgive the scattered references and such, but I have no clue what to make of it. Is Ohio like a RINO magnet or something???

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2005, 05:29:51 AM »

I am curious and am hoping someone can answer a question I have. What's the deal with Ohio Republicans? From what you all have said, their governor is a major RINO, and both their senators are not exactly a sure-thing on certain votes. Like one of them not voting in favor of ANWR, or John Bolton (crying even.. O_o), firearm manufacturer protection and "assalt weapons" bills. Forgive the scattered references and such, but I have no clue what to make of it. Is Ohio like a RINO magnet or something???

I won't necessarily call DeWine a RINO...he generally votes conservative, although lately he's gone all McCain.

Bob Taft is kind of a RINO, in that he's increases taxes.  This has less to do with him having an economic plan than with him being an idiot for all I can tell.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2005, 12:34:09 PM »

Interesting that all democrat governors in bush won states have apporval ratings over 50.

Also interesting that all Democratic governors in states where Kerry won have approval ratings 50 or below.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2005, 09:02:53 PM »

From Political Wire:

SurveyUSA released its latest approval rating numbers for all 50 Governors. When ranked from highest job approval rating to lowest, North Dakota’s John Hoeven is #1 (and climbing) and Ohio’s Bob Taft is #50 (and falling).

Other key findings:
Minnesota’s Tim Pawlenty has dropped 11 points since SurveyUSA began tracking: From 54% approval in May, to 48% approval in June, to 43% approval in July.

New Hampshire’s John Lynch has climbed 11 points since SurveyUSA began tracking: From 50% approval in May to 56% approval in June to 61% approval in July.

Alabama’s Rob Riley is up 9 points, from 36% in May to 44% in June to 45% in July.

Virginia's Mark Warner is up 8 points, from 55% in May to 58% in June to 63% in July.

California's Arnold Schwarzenegger has fallen from 36th place in May to 46th place in July.

Overall, the net approval ranking of Democrats was slightly higher than for Republicans.

http://www.surveyusa.com/50StateGovTrackingJuly2005.htm
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies