In case somebody still missed this (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:32:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  In case somebody still missed this (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In case somebody still missed this  (Read 2441 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: August 30, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

This really is inexcusable.

This is a key element of the President's responsibilities.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »

Disgraced former GM and newbies pile onto bore...

Lumine is potentially running for president.

Yeah this is as much of a sh**tshow as I was told. Who would take a cabinet post even if asked in this apocalyptic situation?

This isn't about bore as a person, I've supported bore twice and he's still got two months to run. Very, very few here now understand how difficult the job of dealing with the Cabinet is. But, they're still jobs with importance and it's a part of the president's job to fill them.

This situation cannot be deflected as an accusation of deliberately targeting the President, or about campaigning. This is a serious situation and requires a rapid resolution. I'm very happy that the President has responded.

There are options, such as one person holding more than one role. Basically, what I'm saying is we cannot wait two months for these roles to be filled. I echo the call for those who are being so gun-ho, to put themselves forward and serve your country.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:03:50 PM »

Back years ago... these jobs were competitive- If I remember correctly
I believe that it is up to the President to set the tone.....and if he is not willing to create an environment where these jobs are desirable,he has got to go

I'm as dissatisfied with Bore's performance as anyone, but to place the blame for the current predicament on the shoulders of one man is inaccurate and, frankly, cheap politics. The roots of this crisis go much, much deeper than the failings of a single president, and while the powers of that office are indeed vast, it is unrealistic to expect him to turn the tide on months worth of inactivity and apathy on his own. Saying otherwise is dangerous, because it ignores the real systematic problems facing Atlasia in favor of a simplistic solution.

It is more complicated than that. Again, I stress that I don't underestimate the challenge that the president faces at all times, let alone at a time like this.

My concern was the apparent lack of concern or engagement by the President on this issue. I felt the concerns of the Senate needed to be conveyed directly to the President. I hope that those who are so fervent in their support and dedication to Atlasia put their hands up, even if it means leaving an elected position. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies