In case somebody still missed this (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:40:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  In case somebody still missed this (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In case somebody still missed this  (Read 2423 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: August 30, 2015, 05:15:42 PM »

Griffin's still in charge of the Census Bureau, so there are technically two cabinet officers.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »

Back years ago... these jobs were competitive- If I remember correctly
I believe that it is up to the President to set the tone.....and if he is not willing to create an environment where these jobs are desirable,he has got to go

I'm as dissatisfied with Bore's performance as anyone, but to place the blame for the current predicament on the shoulders of one man is inaccurate and, frankly, cheap politics. The roots of this crisis go much, much deeper than the failings of a single president, and while the powers of that office are indeed vast, it is unrealistic to expect him to turn the tide on months worth of inactivity and apathy on his own. Saying otherwise is dangerous, because it ignores the real systematic problems facing Atlasia in favor of a simplistic solution.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 03:35:33 PM »

Back years ago... these jobs were competitive- If I remember correctly
I believe that it is up to the President to set the tone.....and if he is not willing to create an environment where these jobs are desirable,he has got to go

I'm as dissatisfied with Bore's performance as anyone, but to place the blame for the current predicament on the shoulders of one man is inaccurate and, frankly, cheap politics. The roots of this crisis go much, much deeper than the failings of a single president, and while the powers of that office are indeed vast, it is unrealistic to expect him to turn the tide on months worth of inactivity and apathy on his own. Saying otherwise is dangerous, because it ignores the real systematic problems facing Atlasia in favor of a simplistic solution.
He is not the only problem..... but what has he done to fix it?? You accusing me of cheap politics is cheap politics on your behalf..... an economic recession is not a president's fault entirely,but the one who oversees it should still be held accountable. Bore has overseen the demise of Atlasia- he MUST be held accountable
Oh, I agree with you completely on that. I just think it's a fine line between blaming him for doing nothing and blaming him for starting the crisis. It seems like I misunderstood what you were saying, so I apologize for that.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:11:57 PM »

Hopefully recently passed legislation will help this situation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies