Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:12:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY  (Read 14863 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: August 29, 2015, 12:14:42 AM »

Not planning on voting Labor, but I'm glad to see a fellow Georgian enter the race! Good luck, Adam!

Fun fact: both declared candidates are from the same region: the South. I'll take credit for that, if you don't mind...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:32:22 AM »

I can't support that map at all number one we don't have enough citizens to even live in all 50 states Mississippi doesn't have even one of us living there. The map really doesn't make since. We are ATLASIA NOT NORTH AMERICA.

I have to say I disagree with you here. Mississippi doesn't have Atlasian citizens, but how does that ultimately hurt us? As far as I can tell, there's no function of the game being registered in Mississippi accomplishes that you can't accomplish by having that person live in Georgia, or Oregon, or Jamaica. I mean, I could change my Atlasian residence to Mississippi, but what would that really do, except people putting a different combination of letters next to my name? I'd still be living in the South, which is mainly what matters.

I think this will liven the game up a bit. It's not a silver bullet in itself, obviously, but combined with other reforms it should help at least minorly. And to your argument against it, nothing really says "Atlasia" can't mean "all of North America." I mean, the name of our predecessor (the "United States of America" or something like that) could mean anything--they could've claimed Argentina and the name wouldn't have been any less accurate.

Anyway, I applaud Adam's detailed reform plans. I look forward to seeing him and the other candidates release their own, along with other detailed policies and views.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:45:46 AM »

How much thought did you put into Mexico's division? And are the Mexican states going to be separate--in other words, do you register in a specific one, or simply in Mexico as a whole?

Also, I wonder if some of the leftists who have jumped ship will come back to register in Cuba...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 09:10:15 PM »

How much thought did you put into Mexico's division? And are the Mexican states going to be separate--in other words, do you register in a specific one, or simply in Mexico as a whole?

Also, I wonder if some of the leftists who have jumped ship will come back to register in Cuba...

Mexico's divisions on the original map are as-is; those are the states that exist in the real-life rendition. However, consolidating the states into fewer territories would make sense (as I did with the tiny Caribbean countries). Perhaps something like this would be more apt for minimizing the number of empty territories (reducing them from 31 to 7) while providing the same overall sentiment.

(Missed this somehow...)

I knew those were Mexican states, I was meaning more on the lines of what parts the western region gets and what the southern region gets--how much thought was put into decided which state is where.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 08:00:31 AM »

Nice Trump impression! Wink

Also, congratulations on the ConCon election, I look forward to working with you and and the 23 other delegates to Make Atlasia Great Again! (Cris, Clarence, you, and now me--what can I say, It fits like a good toupee!)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »

Congratulations, President- and Veep-Elect! Even though I didn't put you guys #1, it's nice to see a completely Southern ticket win. I wonder if I can take credit for that, as governor...hmmm...probably not.

Also, does this mean the Trump impersonations can be retired as a winner? You know, go out on top? Or at least the slogan...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 01:40:19 AM »

Since we're posting on each other's threads Tongue

This campaign will not be about grandstanding, or about pretending to visit fictitious locales.

It's the best way I could think of to give my thoughts on various matters and to keep an active campaign. It has nothing to do with experience--which is a completely absurd argument. "Oh, look at my opponent, he's putting too much effort into his campaign! What a noob!"

Besides, it's fun. It is a game, after all. Even if no one reads it, it's still more activity to the game--on one level or another. And if everyone treated it like that--making speeches and whatnot just for the heck of it--Atlasia would be in a far better state than if they merely scoff at the activity and write it off as "inexperienced."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 12:05:01 AM »

Congratulations on your re-election!

I'll certainly do what I can as both Deputy Presiding Officer and an Atlasian citizen to help complete and then ratify the new Constitution in the timeframe you've put forward, if not sooner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies