Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:04:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Griff 4 Prez: Set Your Happening Level to "It's" - VICTORY  (Read 14896 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2015, 02:49:17 AM »

A GLORIOUS MANDATE TO LEAD

Ladies and Gentlemen, we actually did it!

I initially entered this race because I believed in what I said: that I would be the best person to lead us through the next few months. I also entered because I believed that the left needed a galvanizing force in what was the most conservative-slanted electorate in years - possibly ever. My excellent Vice Presidential candidate Duke joined the ticket with the same expectations and desires. We always considered ourselves the underdogs, which is why this weekend astonished the ever-living crap out of us.

I stuck to one key narrative: that the game is facing a ton of challenges, that there are people who want to do us harm, that we need a hard-ass to be at the helm during this time and that the successful reform of the game is all that matters. This narrative appears to have resonated throughout the hills and valleys of Atlasia, across ideological backgrounds and parties, and in every region.

This Glorious Mandate that you have infused me with will give me the strength to act on behalf of the Atlasian people in a variety of ways. I will be your champion and I will be your voice. The work begins immediately. I'd like to thank my opponent Cris, who forced me to fight for votes I might not have had to fight for otherwise. I'd also like to thank my opponent SWE for giving me extra incentive to fight for the left's support.

Let us move forward together. Let us blast through the obstruction. Let us continue to give a good and proper spanking to those silly boys who try and stop us. Let us revive the Radical Gay Agenda and the Golden Era of Atlasia once again.

Remember, y'all: I am the Original Trump and together, we and only we will Make Atlasia Great Again!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2015, 05:35:37 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President Elect!!!!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »

Congratulations Griffin, I look forward to investigating whatever ethical shenanigans you get yourself into.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2015, 10:00:03 AM »

Many congrats to Adam and Duke!

Congratulations Griffin, I look forward to investigating whatever ethical shenanigans you get yourself into.

You all thought the Benghazi Committee(s) were political theater, but just wait!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2015, 10:16:08 AM »

Major congrats -- you more than deserve your shot! (And the torment that will come with it Tongue).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »

Yes, thank you all for your support. I really never expected us to win or even come cloae given the electorate, but I'm thankful all the same! Miracles sometimes do happen, something I've learned this weekend.

But we have a lot of work to tackle. Tonight we drink and tomorrow we get to work, once the hangovers wear off..
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »

Many congrats to Adam and Duke!

You all thought the Benghazi Committee(s) were political theater, but just wait!

Griffghazi is going to be a doosie!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »

Congratulations, President- and Veep-Elect! Even though I didn't put you guys #1, it's nice to see a completely Southern ticket win. I wonder if I can take credit for that, as governor...hmmm...probably not.

Also, does this mean the Trump impersonations can be retired as a winner? You know, go out on top? Or at least the slogan...
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2015, 09:33:24 PM »

Congrats on your well earned win!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2015, 11:29:39 PM »

Congrats, Griff and Duke!!! Smiley

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2016, 09:50:46 PM »

As announced yesterday with nowhere nearly enough fanfare, I will be running for re-election as Your President in the February election.

This is great news for you, awesome stuff, etc etc - a more formal announcement and a series of dissertations will follow in the coming days.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2016, 10:40:31 AM »

As announced yesterday with nowhere nearly enough fanfare, I will be running for re-election as Your President in the February election.

This is great news for you, awesome stuff, etc etc - a more formal announcement and a series of dissertations will follow in the coming days.

Congrats, good luck
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2016, 12:36:53 PM »

Endorsed, for Round 2!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2016, 08:00:37 PM »

Endorsed.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »

Endorsed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »

Congrats, good luck

Thank you kindly!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2016, 12:38:01 AM »

Endorsed
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2016, 02:25:46 AM »

Glorious news! It's great to have your support.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2016, 08:38:44 PM »

Endorsed as always.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2016, 05:11:34 PM »

Thank you!

And the Labor Party Primary Debate has begun! You can view it here. My opening remarks are below:

GRIFFIN'S OPENING STATEMENT

Fellow Laborites,

I can't say that I'm exactly thrilled to be here, nor can I say that I expected this in the slightest. As the person who more than anyone else was responsible for building the Party that we hold near and dear to our hearts over the past four years, I have spent the majority of my time in the game serving its needs.

However, a different calling emerged several months ago. With the game in undeniable decline, even the strongest forces of opposition against my two-and-a-half year-old plan to consolidate the regions finally joined hands and began to sing a different tune. They understood that it was finally necessary. Approximately five months ago, the game took another nose-dive for the worst, requiring me to change perspective once again. It was at this point that I decided to unilaterally focus on the needs of the country rather than the Party.

I have had years to experience the strengths, weaknesses and shortcomings of political infrastructure and organization in this game. Being able to build relationships and interact with people from all walks of life is essential in getting things done, but it is through this dynamic that one also realizes that it takes a village to be truly sustainable. Unfortunately, no one within the Party took up the mantle of maintaining our glory in the same way that I was able to do for all of those years, and recent events have impacted us disproportionately. I, in the better interests of the game, decided to focus on one important task: becoming Your President and saving the game. There would be time to save the Party later.

This task has not been easy. Much like with the Party, "it takes a village" is an important concept. "The December President" always faces challenges with respect to activity, but this year has been especially challenging. However, I am confident that the progress we've made has stopped the decline, and the second half of my presidential term will show the country that we are moving once again in the right direction. You will feel it, you will see it, and if you so choose, you will be a part of it.

Some have called me an "old war horse"; an irrelevant and anachronistic concept that is holding back the game. The thing about a war horse is...it doesn't become that of its own choosing. I wear that label with pride. A war horse carries the bulk of the weight into battle, fights valiantly, gets scarred to hell and back, and returns home to fight another day. We are at a pivotal moment, and that is not hyperbole. The next term of this office will either preside over the ratification of a new Constitution and a new game, or will lack the political clout and wherewithal to hold the pieces together, watching it all fall into oblivion.

Since 2012, I have never taken your support for granted. I am not about to start taking it for granted now. We are on the move to fulfilling our campaign pledges: the trolls are gone, the government has never worked in a more bipartisan fashion, and the ConCon - barring the dead-period during the holidays in which the entire game seemingly disappeared - is moving at the pace I predicted. People who complain about the ConCon not being finished were the people I warned you about in October. I always said this that this was a two-term proposition.

Well, I of course disagree with that. Tongue I believe that the reform process will take several months, and at the end of it all, there will almost certainly be a reset based on the expressed opinions of the delegates. Therefore, I seriously doubt that the next President will have any meaningful impact on public policy in his first term. Honestly, I believe public policy debate in this election will only serve to polarize the masses on issues that will not in the slightest be an important role in how or whether we emerge from this reform process in a successful fashion.

At the end of the day, though, people are angry. They're angry that a magical solution hasn't been delivered in two months, regardless of the promises I made on game reform, public policy, and a variety of other areas. I get it. We've been living it in the United States for the last eight years. But if there's one thing I've always been in this game, it's deliberate. I know what I am doing and I know how to get us there. The electorate has changed significantly since the last time we elected a Generic Laborite. Such a concept won't carry us across the finish line, and even if it did, it's highly unlikely that the reform process would be resolved in the way we wish to see.

Stick it out with me through the rest of this term and for another, and we'll all feel and see the true nature of what the reform process I've been working hard at since 2013 will deliver. Abandon me, and the future is uncertain. It is that black and white, and it is just that simple.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »

I'm glad I don't have to deal with party politics, seeing members of a party wanting to get rid of someone like you who has done so much for his party.

When you announced you were seeking reelection, I was trying to remember if I voted for you before and maybe it was time I did before there is a new Atlasia.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2016, 12:18:15 AM »

President Griffin:

I wish to know if you support a healthcare system without an individual mandate, allowing people to buy healthcare across regional lines, and a healthcare agent in charge of making deals with private companies instead of an advisory build.

Also, what is your position on allowing regions to each produce 20% of the total federal amount of money minted into their own currency, thus devolving the currency slightly and allowing for devaluing of any regional or the federal currency to not have too great an effect on the economy?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »

I'm glad I don't have to deal with party politics, seeing members of a party wanting to get rid of someone like you who has done so much for his party.

When you announced you were seeking reelection, I was trying to remember if I voted for you before and maybe it was time I did before there is a new Atlasia.

Well, as you learn as a kingmaker in party politics, your efforts are never really appreciated and sooner or later, virtually everyone turns their back on you (usually after you've helped put them in office) and blames you for something. I've done my best to learn not to take it personally when possible, as I can remember literally dozens of instances/people over the years that qualify as such.

Also, is that an endorsement? I'm definitely gonna count it as an endorsement. Cheesy

President Griffin:

I wish to know if you support a healthcare system without an individual mandate, allowing people to buy healthcare across regional lines, and a healthcare agent in charge of making deals with private companies instead of an advisory build.

Also, what is your position on allowing regions to each produce 20% of the total federal amount of money minted into their own currency, thus devolving the currency slightly and allowing for devaluing of any regional or the federal currency to not have too great an effect on the economy?

I'll get back to you shortly, but on the currency concept: in 2012, the federal government sued and successfully won a case against the South over the issuance of its own currency ("the Dibble"). As such, regional product of currency is not legal in this iteration of the game.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2016, 12:40:23 AM »

Endorsed Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 03:02:16 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2016, 03:22:14 AM by President Griffin »

President Griffin:

I'll get back to you shortly, but on the currency concept: in 2012, the federal government sued and successfully won a case against the South over the issuance of its own currency ("the Dibble"). As such, regional product of currency is not legal in this iteration of the game.

With regards to healthcare, we currently have what is known as Fritzcare, which is a more "advanced" version of the real-life ACA. Individuals are allowed to buy into a public option known as ANHCP.

With regards to your specific questions on the matter, it's a rather simple answer from my perspective: I do not support the concept of private insurance period. It's an inefficient concept and one of the only "market-based" products where competition does not lead to lower costs.  

I do not believe a mandate is necessary, as public insurance can be funded through either a universal tax and/or the mass adoption by the public of more affordable (i.e.: public) solutions, as explained in the link above that references how effective monopolies in healthcare insurance generate lower costs.

I would support competition across regional lines in the scenario where private sector healthcare remains the rule rather than the exception, however.

Thank you both so much for your support, even if one of you is my VP! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies