WV-Orion Strategies: Generic Republican leads Clinton by 32 points (!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:22:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WV-Orion Strategies: Generic Republican leads Clinton by 32 points (!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-Orion Strategies: Generic Republican leads Clinton by 32 points (!)  (Read 4925 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 27, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »

If in the 2016 General Election for President, your choices were Hillary Clinton and a Republican candidate, for whom would you vote?

Clinton: 26%
Republican candidate: 58%

In the 2016 General Election for President, would you likely vote for a Democratic or Republican Candidate?

Democratic: 28%
Republican: 52%

If in the 2016 General Election for President, your choices were Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, for whom would you vote?

Clinton: 30%
Trump: 53%
Undecided: 17%

http://www.statejournal.com/story/29892754/survey-wv-residents-likely-to-pick-trump-over-clinton-in-2016
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah... so much for Hillary making WV competitive or being a better fit for the state than Obama. Roll Eyes
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:26:49 PM »

A fairly common WV pollster. I don't know much about them but they did get the 2010 senate race right. I'm having trouble finding polling from more recent races.

Regardless, I think we all knew WV wasn't going to be close.

Well, pbrower2a still predicts a Clinton win in WV, KY and KS.
And no, "we" all didn't know that it wasn't going to be close.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?;topic=216236.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=166588.0
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »

Losing Lean D WV to Safe R would be bad, but they flipped VA from Safe R to Lean D in the process which is a net gain.

I have to say that it is fascinating to see what happened to WV and VA. It would be quite ironical  if VA denied the GOP the presidency in 2016 after the former solid blue state WV denied the Dems the presidency in 2000. Regardless, I predict that by no later than 2024, both the WV Dems and the VA GOP will be extinct.

Right. That's why there is no democratic party in TX and LA, and no Republican Party in WA and MN. Or wait...

Well, of course they will continue to exist but that's not what I intended to say. The point is that they won't be able to win elections in their state anymore.

Do you mean that you expect even the VA House of Delegates to be Dem controlled by 2024?  Because it is currently still 2:1 GOP.  Of course, the WV state senate was 2:1 Dem last year and is now GOP controlled by 1 vote after someone switched parties to break the tie.  So maybe VA Dems really could pick up 20+ suburban seats in one cycle the next time there is a Republican president, but an NY state senate situation where it is the last holdout for decades also seems quite possible.  One of the most interesting points of the Bush-Obama era is how Republicans have been able to cement their gains from state trends into there column up and down the ballot in a way that Democrats thus far haven't. 

This is true, I was thinking more of Senate races and other statewide elections (like Attorney General) and presidential elections, tbqh. But they will probably lose seats in the House of Delegates and the State Senate over time as well.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 04:37:19 PM »

You're right, this poll is junk - Republicans will beat her by even more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies