WV-Orion Strategies: Generic Republican leads Clinton by 32 points (!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:03:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WV-Orion Strategies: Generic Republican leads Clinton by 32 points (!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-Orion Strategies: Generic Republican leads Clinton by 32 points (!)  (Read 4933 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »

West Virginia's been long gone for Democrats since 2004. Even if Hillary doesn't lose it by 32 percent, I doubt she'll come within 20 points of the Republican. I've always thought that these "Candidate X is a good/bad fit for State Y" arguments are overly simplistic. Hillary won't significantly overperform Obama in West Virginia, Arkansas, or Kentucky (unless she wins in a landslide), and she won't significantly underperform Obama in Colorado (unless she loses badly.)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:27:21 PM »

West Virginia's been long gone for Democrats since 2004. Even if Hillary doesn't lose it by 32 percent, I doubt she'll come within 20 points of the Republican. I've always thought that these "Candidate X is a good/bad fit for State Y" arguments are overly simplistic. Hillary won't significantly overperform Obama in West Virginia, Arkansas, or Kentucky (unless she wins in a landslide), and she won't significantly underperform Obama in Colorado (unless she loses badly.)

Depends on your definition of significant. The state going from a 5 point D win to a 2 or 3 point R win, which I think is a reasonable CO result even if Hillary wins nationwide, seems pretty significant to me.

Except that I highly doubt that will happen. If Hillary wins by about the same margin as Obama '12, I think she wins Colorado by about the same amount as Obama. Maybe a bit less (2 or 3), maybe even a bit more, due to demographic changes. My point was that I don't buy the whole "Hillary is a good/bad fit for xxxx", and this applies to Colorado as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies