Anti-Gay mayor turns out to be GAY! LMAO
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:24:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-Gay mayor turns out to be GAY! LMAO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Anti-Gay mayor turns out to be GAY! LMAO  (Read 4516 times)
danwxman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:26:45 PM »

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/jimwest/sto...50805_west_main

Councilwoman says mayor admitted sex act during online chat at City Hall

Bill Morlin and Karen Dorn Steele / Staff writers
May 8, 2005 © The Spokesman-Review 2005

Spokane Mayor Jim West confided to a city councilwoman Thursday that he masturbated in his City Hall office during an online chat on a gay Web site.

“He wanted to kind of bare his soul … He wanted to give me a heads-up,” City Councilwoman Cherie Rodgers said Saturday in describing a conversation she had with West.

West’s admission led Rodgers on Saturday to renew her call for West to resign as mayor, an independent elected position he has held since January 2004. A recall election would require 12,567 signatures of registered voters.

Other council members, however, continue to say that any decision about resignation should be left to West.

Also Saturday, a Spokane man told The Spokesman-Review that West and former sheriff’s Deputy David Hahn “checked out” boys from Morning Star Boys Ranch for day outings and camping trips in the late 1970s and early 1980s

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/jimwest/sto...50705_west_folo
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:40:01 PM »

we have already had anti-gay crusaders like California Rep. David Dryer, and Virginia Rep. Edward Shrock confess to their homosexuality.

at this rate, it is only a matter of time before Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Tom DeLay, Rick Santorum, and all the other wingnuts follow suit.     
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 01:24:16 AM »

To be fair, I don't think Schrock or Dreier have ever "confessed" to anything.  Same with Mark Foley, although the "open secret" may have ultimately kept him out of the 2004 FL Senate race.  I wonder if that's why Dreier has never run for higher office.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 04:43:28 AM »

All those really extremist gay bashers are homosexuals at heart who are just too insecure to act their own desires. (ends 1980s Gay Rights Activist impersonation)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 09:08:04 AM »

All those really extremist gay bashers are homosexuals at heart who are just too insecure to act their own desires. (ends 1980s Gay Rights Activist impersonation)

Actually I think the implication is that they do act on their desires, just secretly in washrooms and highway rest-stops!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 09:30:32 AM »

I wouldn't exactly call the Husler article a solid piece of journalism regarding Dreier. 

Gee, a few people say he's gay.  A few people say that Opebo is a child molester.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 09:31:47 AM »

Hmm, so Philip...  Wink
MissCatholic

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 10:55:41 AM »

does anybody mind people being gay?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 03:32:44 PM »

I am not sure that homosexuality plays all that wonderfully in Spokane.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 04:08:08 PM »

Most "anti-gay" people are in fact gay. This is no surprise to me.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 04:11:36 PM »

We have way too many gays, both in office, on this board, and alive.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 04:52:05 PM »

More are born every year!
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 04:52:49 PM »

Not quite enough to make me pro-choice, though.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 05:21:27 PM »

Proof of that, or are you spouting bullsh!t?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 06:39:17 PM »

They're human beings y'know.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 06:50:06 PM »

Proof of that, or are you spouting bullsh!t?

Yes, people who are anti-gay must be gay, because only a gay person would feel sexual urges towards members of the same sex. They feel this, think everyone feels this and the one's who have a social conservative upbrining try to suppress this. They get mad at anyone who doesnt suppress it, by coming out. They end up hating gays. Therefore, they believe people chose to be gay. After all, most people who believe otherwise know gays are born with it, and therefore accept it. Because anti-gay people think it's a choice, than they dont realize that any straight person would be disgusted by the thought of gay sex, even if they say they are disgusted. No real straight person would have gay sex. If they understood this, then they would realize if people are willing to do it, than it cant be a choice, because they are obviously different.

Just a theory, but it makes sense, and many "anti-gay" people have ended up being gay.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 06:58:12 PM »

...any straight person would be disgusted by the thought of gay sex, even if they say they are disgusted. No real straight person would have gay sex...

I agree with your overall point that most homophobes are suppressing same-sex attractions, but I dispute the above statement.  Why would a heterosexual be 'disgusted' by gay sex?  They may not prefer it, but I think a truly open minded person would not have such a strong reaction as disgust.  No, disgust ususally stems from some sort of repressive judgemental upbringing. 

I think a few gays may be 'disgusted' by straight sex, though I suspect most just find it  uninteresting.  Why should straights' response to gay sex be anything stronger than disinterest?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 11:51:29 PM »

...any straight person would be disgusted by the thought of gay sex, even if they say they are disgusted. No real straight person would have gay sex...

I agree with your overall point that most homophobes are suppressing same-sex attractions, but I dispute the above statement.  Why would a heterosexual be 'disgusted' by gay sex?  They may not prefer it, but I think a truly open minded person would not have such a strong reaction as disgust.  No, disgust ususally stems from some sort of repressive judgemental upbringing. 

I think a few gays may be 'disgusted' by straight sex, though I suspect most just find it  uninteresting.  Why should straights' response to gay sex be anything stronger than disinterest?

For the same reason gay people are disgusted by vaginas. At least, most of the gay people I've talked to. Perhaps disgusted is the wrong word, but I am trying to emphasize a point.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 01:19:45 AM »

Fortunately, people who think like you were forcably removed from power 60 years ago and have recieved their rightful condemnation by history.

Don't get me wrong.  I solidly support your right to make a public fool of yourself.  I'd far rather people like you were 'out' and openly bigoted for the world to see, where concerned and honorable citizens can keep an eye on you.

Of course, you're still young.  You may yet mature into a responsible adult.  You wouldn't be the first person to regret tha calliousness of youth.

So, why do you hate enough to want such people dead?  What have gays ever done to you?  How do they threaten you?  What could have happened to make you so angry?

Of do you have such a low esteem of human life that you consider it cheap and easily expendable?  Of do you toss around such statements for shock value because you desperately crave attention?  What motivates and underlies such anger? 

I am honestly curious.   Wanting a man dead is no small thing.  I could understand such rage if it were against an individual who harmed you (for victims of rape - straight or gay, such rage would be normal against the perpetuator).  But you don't seem to have suffered such a crime, have you?

What makes your hate tick?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 07:11:58 AM »

Fortunately, people who think like you were forcably removed from power 60 years ago and have recieved their rightful condemnation by history.

Don't get me wrong.  I solidly support your right to make a public fool of yourself.  I'd far rather people like you were 'out' and openly bigoted for the world to see, where concerned and honorable citizens can keep an eye on you.

Of course, you're still young.  You may yet mature into a responsible adult.  You wouldn't be the first person to regret tha calliousness of youth.

So, why do you hate enough to want such people dead?  What have gays ever done to you?  How do they threaten you?  What could have happened to make you so angry?

Of do you have such a low esteem of human life that you consider it cheap and easily expendable?  Of do you toss around such statements for shock value because you desperately crave attention?  What motivates and underlies such anger? 

I am honestly curious.   Wanting a man dead is no small thing.  I could understand such rage if it were against an individual who harmed you (for victims of rape - straight or gay, such rage would be normal against the perpetuator).  But you don't seem to have suffered such a crime, have you?

What makes your hate tick?

Good question.  It's a little over the top.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 07:32:13 AM »

For the same reason gay people are disgusted by vaginas. At least, most of the gay people I've talked to. Perhaps disgusted is the wrong word, but I am trying to emphasize a point.
It is the wrong word.  Uninterested is a better word.  Gays are much, much more willing to get it on with a girl than guys are with other guys.  And gays never go "ewwwwww a vagina" but many guys will go "ewwwww a penis" (even though they themselves most likely have one... odd).
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 07:55:44 AM »

It is the wrong word.  Uninterested is a better word.  Gays are much, much more willing to get it on with a girl than guys are with other guys.  And gays never go "ewwwwww a vagina" but many guys will go "ewwwww a penis" (even though they themselves most likely have one... odd).

...most likely....pretty funny.  I think the odds of a guy having a penis are a little beyond "most likely." Smiley
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 11:42:10 AM »

With all respect to those who grapple with things like this:

Many pyschologists have suggested that, in some cases, homophobia is actually a coping device used by men to deal with their own homosexuality, below the surface.

Once again, sexual orientation is a spectrum...it's not some binary, gay-or-not sort of deal.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 01:50:54 PM »

Well most gay people I've talked to have even said "ewwww vagina".  So I don't know where you're getting that from.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 01:57:37 PM »

Well most gay people I've talked to have even said "ewwww vagina".  So I don't know where you're getting that from.
Maybe as a joke.  If you really think gays have as strong a reaction to seeing a vagina as straight guys have to seeing a penis you need to climb out form under that rock.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies