Does Frist have any chance of winning the GOP nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:50:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Does Frist have any chance of winning the GOP nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ...
(D) I wish

(R) Yes

(R) No

(O) Yes

(O) No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Does Frist have any chance of winning the GOP nomination?  (Read 5201 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2005, 05:07:34 PM »

The big deal over the cat killing never ceases to amaze me. If he was the nominee, it would blow over. He could win.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2005, 05:13:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He is an extraordinariliy intelligent, compassionate person.  He has good name ID and he will have an incredibily skilled and talented political team - much of which comes from the current popular administration.

Oh give me a break....thats such nonsense.  If thats the worst skeleton he has in his closet, then he should be fine.  I am confident he has saved far more human lives than feline lives that have perished.

Yeah, I mean its not like he's been the friggin Senate Majority Leader while we significantly increased our majority or anything...
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2005, 05:14:24 PM »

Exactly!  The "cat-killer" label will only be proposed by the far-left... the rest of America will remember the human lives that he has saved.

The big deal over the cat killing never ceases to amaze me. If he was the nominee, it would blow over. He could win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2005, 05:15:34 PM »

Oh give me a break....thats such nonsense.  If thats the worst skeleton he has in his closet, then he should be fine.  I am confident he has saved far more human lives than feline lives that have perished.

Excellent point. The Frist campaign would use that the second the cat killer thing came up. Frist has slipped in my list of who I intend to support but I'd still support him if he was the nominee and I believe that overall, he'd made a good candidate.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2005, 03:11:47 PM »

I don't think he would be an inspiring enough candidate to overcome inconsitencies in his Senate record.  Ask John Kerry; he could tell him.   That's the reason Senators usually do not make good presidential candidates.  The last Senator to win the White House was JFK, and he was a dynamic and inspiring candidate.  Frist is not.  I don't have anything personal against the guy, I just believe there are better candidates out there; especially in our state houses.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2005, 11:57:44 AM »

Frist might be popular, but he is not electable.  Any Senator or Congressman who is the head representative of their party in Congress automatically has the odds stacked against them.  They have to represent the forceful side of their party, which requires them to use a lot of rhetoric that gives way to juicy soundbites to be used against them by their opponents.  While on a state level he might be re-elected, on a national level, he would be cast aside for someone more electable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies