Office of the Deputy Prime Minister & Lands Ministry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:41:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Office of the Deputy Prime Minister & Lands Ministry
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Deputy Prime Minister & Lands Ministry  (Read 696 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2015, 11:44:20 PM »
« edited: August 30, 2015, 11:12:46 AM by Talleyrand »

Welcome to my office. In addition to co-coordinating the goals of the government along with PM Potus, I intend to pursue good management that will allow our nation to remain strong and stable while it comes into its own. in my capacity as Special Minister of Lands, I will play a key role in the restoration of our environment, promotion of sustainable energy, and support for agriculture and fisheries.

Thank you,
Talleyrand, Deputy Prime Minister and Special Minister of Lands
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »

(Sorry folks; I've been pretty busy with the start of college)

Provisional Agenda

-Sustainable Farming and Fisheries - This Department shall review and make recommendations on how to take South America's agriculture into the twenty-first century, and ensure that it will last for centuries to come. Subsidies for farmers and fisheries with a low environmental impact will be considered, and some regulations put in place to prevent further degradation and habitat loss across the continent as we balance these two priorities.

-Climate Change and Renewable Energy - It is my hope that we can secure a meaningful global agreement on reducing carbon output worldwide at this year's Paris Conference. In the meantime, we hope to pass a cap-and-trade bill to gradually cut emissions in South America itself. All public buildings shall be overhauled to incorporate renewable energy, such as solar power. While we will continue to back the fossil fuel and ethanol industries in the continent, we will introduce legislation to begin the transition to a cleaner, more efficient society.

-Environmental Protection and Restoration - No more of our precious ecosystems, such as the Amazon Rainforest, will be lost under this government. We will introduce strict laws preventing the exploitation of these habitats and the wildlife that call them home. In addition, we will begin clean-up and restoration efforts to turn back the clock on habitat loss. We believe that this will provide a critical boost to our ecotourism industry too.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »

I can confirm the first major policy proposal from this office will be released in the next few days.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies