Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:18:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127709 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 21, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »

In the German city of Tübingen, the Green mayor Boris Palmer, threatens to confiscate [unused] private property to forcefully house asylum seekers and/or illegals ...

FF

No, that's not an FF move. That is a violation of basic property rights, which is at the core of any liberal understanding of liberty.

"Property rights" are among the most unimportant rights there is, and certainly rank waaaay below the fundamental right to housing.
Without property rights, then no one who has a house is secure in their right to housing. That said, using eminent domain to acquire otherwise vacant housing stock doesn't strike me as unreasonable assuming that fair market value is paid for it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »

2) You can not meaningfully compare Europe to Canada, Australia, USA because those countries are not defined as national homes for a particular ethnicity. Comparing with Japan, Korea etc. makes a lot more sense.
The idea that Australia in the 1970s did not see it self as being for a particular ethnicity is a misreading of history. Granted the "White Australia" policy was on its last legs then, but it wasn't quite yet gone. Even in Canada and the US, our immigration policies had not foreseen the vast increase in Asian immigration that happened.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:10:30 AM »

I am not trying to get your sympathy. You as a person are completely irrelevant in this discussion. I am trying to explain the political realities in Europe and what I think will happen.

I will tell you what will happen. WWIII will happen. And sooner than you expect. Pandering to racial resentment rarely ends well.

And what shall this war be? Eritrea and Syria vs the EU?

As usual: Germany invading Denmark, of course.

Why? So they can send the refugees on the vast unpeopled expanses of Greenland?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 07:14:04 AM »

Well, the Syrian refugees are Semites, so it's not the most idiotic symbol to use.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 10:39:07 PM »

Well, the Syrian refugees are Semites, so it's not the most idiotic symbol to use.
Yes, because a Star of David is generally associated with all Semites, rather than with only Jews. Good explanation...

That's also why Semites from some tribes might beat up Semites from another tribe for wearing a necklace with this particular symbol, which, of course, all Semitic tribes share.

I refrain from using a smiley to denote what I thought would be fairly obvious sarcasm, as this is what I get. Incidentally, the Star of David is a rather recent symbol, and is more a Zionist symbol than a Jewish one given its history.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 08:35:46 AM »

Incidentally, the Star of David is a rather recent symbol, and is more a Zionist symbol than a Jewish one given its history.
I don't think it's up to you to decide what meaning the Star of David has for Jews, thank you very much.
Just making an observation on the use of the symbol. It never became universally and exclusively associated with Jews until the 19th century, and even now some of the Ultra-orthodox reject it's use.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 01:00:02 AM »

Now who could have seen this coming...

EU refugee relocation plan risks stalling within days: EU source
http://news.yahoo.com/eu-refugee-relocation-plan-risks-stalling-within-days-165019230.html

Certainly not those who failed to ensure that there were enough resources in place to keep Syrian refugees largely willing to remain in Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan. Difficult to see the genie being put back into the bottle even if the resources were to be made available now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies