Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:05:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127785 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: August 20, 2015, 05:21:10 PM »

In the German city of Tübingen, the Green mayor Boris Palmer, threatens to confiscate [unused] private property to forcefully house asylum seekers and/or illegals ...

FF

No, that's not an FF move. That is a violation of basic property rights, which is at the core of any liberal understanding of liberty.

Unused property is making housing costs soar and cause suburban sprawl. Any person with an interest in planning should support any way to make it occupied.

I personally prefer imposing huge property taxes on unused property to force occupation or sale.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:55:29 PM »

Can we ban this worthless piece of trash already?

Why do you want to be banned?

That's some first-class sick burn we got here.

Whatever. You've called me a racist as well, so I can't take your comments too seriously.
Seinfeld, don't listen to them.

Sockpupputing is forbidden. You can't use two accounts to back up your views, "Seinfeld". I'm pretty sure usurping the name of someone is against the ToS.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 06:10:46 PM »

A fisherman has taken a video alleging to show a Greek vessel sinking an inflatable boat with about fifty refugees on board.

The refugees were rescued by the fisherman and taken back to Turkey.

Greek authorities denied knowing anything about the event, stating that they have rescued thousands of migrants in recent days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/11803114/Greek-coast-guard-deliberately-sunk-migrant-boat-in-Turkish-waters-fishermans-film-alleges.html

Boatloads of foreigners seeking to make landfall on your coasts illegally is an invasion. If Europe ever decides to treat this as such, they could stop this boat people nonsense in a day.

So, I can shoot people walking in front of my house, after all, they might try to "invade" my house.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »

Colombia has one of the world's largest internally displaced populations, reported at 6 million people according to UNHCR. 137,000 more Colombians were displaced during 2014.

Of the 360.000 refugees, there are 168.500 in Venezuela and 122.000 in Ecuador.

But what they flee exactly? The war between government, paramilitaries and FARC is pretty much inexistant since a decade.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 05:35:23 PM »

Xenophobia isn't inherent to "human nature", as Politicus disturbingly seems to believe. Societies can be educated to accept, and even actively promote, multiculturalism, if thier political and cultural leaders make the effort to endorse it, instead of pandering to irrational fears.

They should first explain what multiculturalism is though. Different cultures living side by side or the incorporation of non-native cultures into the dominant one? I.e. forcing people from different cultural backgrounds to accep the basic tenets of our western culture: freedom of speech and religion, gender equality... If it's the latter, I can most certainly sign up to that. The former - not exactly.

I think it's also perfectly acceptable for Danes to feel that their homeland should be the "Land of Danes" rather than the "Land of people who happen to live in Denmark." We tend to bemoan the disappearance of cultures and languages but when it comes to European cultures, efforts to preserve it are somehow frowned upon. Go figure.

How is this any different than saying "Europe for the Europeans" or "Diversity = White Genocide"?

While I suspect you're hopeless cause (based on your post below the one I quotes) I'm going to answer anyway. Saying that a national state should be the home of the nation/people which it's based on, are like saying that children in American school should be taught English, they're free to have classes in other languages, but English should be taught. While saying " "Europe for the Europeans" or "Diversity = White Genocide" " are like saying it should be illegal to have classes in other languages at all.

I know this distinction are likely lost on you, but hope shines eternal.

It was the case in French until a few decades ago.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »

So now the German government says it can accept 500,000 per year for several years.  I wonder how this will be received, and whether this step toward ethnic, cultural transformation of Germany will be supported by Germans.  Would love to see an actual Swiss style referendum on the issue.

Does Merkel want a civil war? Because this how you spark a civil war.

No, you spark civil war by letting agitators like you go free.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 10:13:43 PM »

Bavarian state premier Horst Seehofer will invite Viktor Orban to the next conference meeting of his party's state parliamentary group. This is quite a big move considering that the German media and political class have painted Orban as an autocrat who's one step away from erecting concentration camps for refugees. Seehofer has also gone out of his way to criticize Merkel, calling her decision to accept refugees from Hungary a mistake.

(In German) http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/horst-seehofer-wettert-gegen-angela-merkel-in-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1052455.html

She should dump CSU and create CDU-Bavaria, at last.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 02:02:23 AM »

The scene here in Salzburg: About 2.000 people have arrived at the Austrian-German border, but the German police only allows groups of 50 people per hour over the border in a controlled manner. Meanwhile, the Salzburg train station is bursting with migrants and the parking garage has been transformed into a sleeping place for the day and night and it includes a provisional kindergarden:

If only young male adults are coming, what's the use of a kindergarten?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 04:01:30 AM »

So, either a refugee, a Muslim who immigrated a long time ago or a SD member wanting to flare up racism could have done it.

No proof it's a refugee or not.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »

All the Merkel/Faymann-induced migrant excesses that I have warned you guys for over a year now are slowly becoming reality ...

Merkel/Faymann have turned into a reckless security threat for European citizens with their idiotic, naive policies. But now it's time for them and their fellow naive left-leftists to WAKE UP (instead of sitting this out and remain silent), apologize to the raped and abused women and terror victims across Europe (but not with the line "Du schaffst das !") and start to do the right thing for once. Which is to shut the door on these migrants and tell them to stay home, plus deport the rapists etc. immediately (who otherwise think they can continue to sh*t on our heads) !

I agree than rapists should be deported, but that may be very difficult (you can't deport someone in another country without the authorization of the receiving country and I don't see Assad doing anything to help Europe; nor any country volunteering to take them).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »

During that time, black-clothed far-right militias which call themselves "Soldiers of Odin" terrorize Finland citizens by walking in the streets, wanting to "help" police.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies