Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127634 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: November 11, 2015, 03:26:31 PM »

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!!

Usseless to say that this cute blondie nammed Marine Le Pen obviously did the comparison by using the term universally used in France, 'invasions barbares', to refer to that migrant crisis.

The rather amusing thing is that it's definitely a pejorative term, big bad eating babies guys, while it refers to those who have in part been the 'founders' of our modern European countries, where it becomes totally ironical it's that Marine Le Pen is the one whom loves pulling out those good old identites...

To be frank, doesn't she definitely look like how you could imagine a good old blunt and rough Frank queen?

...I have an harder and harder time to bear the vision of that flag...

The use of the word 'barbares' used by Romans to refer to te 'uncivilized ones' would show the different tensions that have built the French society, a strongly enough Latin society due to its invasion by the Roman Empire, but of which modern country has been refounded by those who turned the Roman Empire down, and which anyhow sees itself as coming straight from Gaulois, which are obviously some ever fancy guys resisting to all imperialisms.

All of this happens with such a perfect timing in a country in which the mainly raising paper (official stats about that have recently been published, all the classical papers fall or stagnates), and which has such a relevant name, and of which the guys are more and more showing their faces on TV, had covers like those during last year or so...

...here the irony doesn't fear to show again...

...Le Débarquement is the tag word to refer to US arrival on Normandie's coast...

I don't think I really need to translate each title, do I?

In a country in which the over trendy book right before the very days of Charlie Hebdo murder have been a fiction about the fact that France would be ruled by Islamic law in a coming future, Soumission by Houellebecq. That cover that was published on the very day of the drama was so f**king ironical:

To which you can add all the so f**king glorious comments from supposed classical mainstream politicians.

And I don't even speak about all the nasty, hateful, disgusting tweets I could have read on some i-télé, a very neutral mainstream news TV, news tweets about migrants.

I've never been naive about the historical underlying racism of French society, about it's fast speed openly growing tendancies amongst all parts of the French society, but, all of this actually is an actual pain for eyes and stomach.

Where the irony goes far enough though, it's that, in Germany, I don't remember the term to refer to it, but I remember that, from a rather understandable point of view, it's not at all a pejorative term to refer to 'invasion barbares', dunno how you say in English.

And well, it's not as simple as that but, still...

Gosh, History can sometimes give the impress to be, especially in the Roman Empire/'American Empire' parallel, such a f**king repetition...

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »

Well, nowadays, in my pitiful country at least, I have an harder and harder time to make a difference...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 09:17:06 AM »

Waaah, didn't know that on this forum I would find barely better comments than some tweets I can see on news tweet accounts...

These guys should not serve prison time in Austria (paid by our money), but rather be put into the next plane home.

Lol, plane paid by...your...money too.

It's 'amusing' that all the egoistic proposed solutions (plane, short term hostelery, and lol, even prison), are also those that cost the most money to the 'welcoming' society...isn't that really amusing?

Happens in France, they use jets to take some migrants from Calais to other French immigration centers. And what do migrants do?

They don't f**king care to land in that so fancy beautiful south parts of France where they're sent, they go back straight to that muddy and grey so appealing Calais.

And plane continues, again, again, again...

And I don't even speak about attempts to send back people in their country, where you need to buy ticket for 1 or 2 migrants by plane, at most, while thousands arrive each month, plus the 2 or 4 officers that must go with them, and have to come back.

Lol, even money goes against egoism in that case, it's something...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »

Also, you have a valid point: Many migrants are simply picky & choosy. If they are brought to a small village in the French Alps, they need to behave and remain there and not go to Calais again. What's wrong with a small town in the French Alps ? Is it wose than their town in Syria or AfPak ? They should be happy to be in a place like this or otherwise be deported if they are not behaving like ordinary people.

Hmm, eventually I was a bit sarcastic...

I said they were deported to...immigration centers...not cute little little small villages in which they are offered flowers.

And then if they don't want to stay, what?

Is there anything wrong with not wanting to stay in a country that globally rejects migrants, has an historical problem with its own Muslim community, in which there is a fast pace growing racism, in which the population has a very hard time speaking the most international language, English, and where job perspectives seems to be kinda...foggy.

Is there a problem in wanting an other country than that to have a better future??

I fear that those people call migrants are just...normal human beings.

Oh and, in some places you still have people nicely welcoming them, and when that happens you have those migrant human beings being very grateful and trying to do the best to integrate themselves to the French society.

What I said then, human beings.

I have an hard time believing that some people can actually try to make a point about....1 guy.....out of thousands, but hey, I'm not surprised either, that's an other aspect of...human beings.

The most stupid it's that it's precisely by rejecting those people that are mainly looking for decent life conditions that you give more odds to create bitter ones in the future that could precisely decide to strike back.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 05:56:38 PM »

Well, there aren't really such thing like 'I support mass immigration!'.

'Please invade my country! Invade me! Please!'

(well, there are some like that but in other kinds of contexts)

There are people that say that prople in need should be welcomed if you can help them.

That's 'easy' too.

At most you have 'No Borders' people, that plead for well, 'no borders', which is different and puts a new perspective on a lot of things.

Personally, I think I can share some of those new perspectives, and for exalple the EU laboratory is something that de facto aimed at something like that (well, so far...), then it might not be totally insane either (wait, is EU insane? oh...).

And also, look, for example, immigration can be a great thing to renew your culture and your population.

And look, it already began, it brings to some very dense new ideas, so dense that it can be quite challenging to get, look:

In France, in Calais and around to be precise, you have this good deal of refugees that tries to go to UK, they don't care about staying in France for most of them, I already indicated why, and France/French 'not really' want of them either.

So, what's the problem here?!

We prevent them to leave!

They don't want to be here, people here wouldn't want them either, but we make more and more violent little wars with them in order to force them to stay here and to ask a so pleasant 'asylum' here.

Isn't that a f**king brillant brand new concept about immigration??

I wonder what magical things brought that to us, can only be wizzards...

(most people would assume he comes from the other part that sea, but it also permits to bring a fancy thing in a less fancy thread)

Thanks to those great wizards, people in Calais turn more and more radical, some organize themselves in militias of which the only goal is to 'crack down the browns', which they regularly do, in the 'jungle', in the brilliant shanty muddy 'camps, or right in the streets of the city now...

Ah, and today, for the 1st time, Calais has been rewarded with its 1st little Pegida demonstration...

Turn down those flags, assholes...

(ah, and, if you want more than this pic about that little 'European Pegida Day')

And the average citizens prefer making it more discretly, more and more, in the voting booth...

This while there used to be a kind of tradition about helping migrants in Calais in the recent enough past...

We can thank all the generous wizards for that brilliant thing, because it actually is brilliant since it seems that most people find this kinda unique treatment of immigration totally normal...

Well, as long as you strike the browns, all is normal, isn't it?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »

Well, it's not like the French don't want to get rid of the Calais jungle migrants. It's just that Britain will have no part of it.

...rly??

Thanks to sort it out for me!!

Then that are those that people of Calais have to thank for all this brilliant mess...

Before that brilliant magical thing that UK managed to make do to our proud authorities, there wasn't so much violence in the past as I had already said, even during preceding big waves of migrants. It wasn't the cool hippie life, but lately it seems to take turns it never took before, everybody turning more violent and radical, migrants, local populations, police forces.

Kudos to the wizards.

It's a very simple thing, 'land' belongs to nobody, and someone that is only born on a land to benefit from it but yet refuses to share it with any people asking for it, and this no matter those accept to comply to the welcoming society rules, there might be like a 'fairness issue', you know, and de facto legitimates the notion of...conquest...of said land by the people that could need it, with all the different shades of it that it could include...

May people enjoy the brilliant future that all of this might be preparing...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »

Uh, no. Hate to break your bubble, but the UK isn't responsible for the fact that the migrants in the "jungle" of Calais have dreams about life in the UK that do not have any connection to reality, and London is not under any obligation to take in these migrants.

Hmm...and...the French police shouldn't be under any obligation to prevent those people to try to enter the UK, and to organize repression as if they had to defend British border, but magic is on...

Oh, and, I fear they only have very normal fairy tales about life in UK in the head:

Look they speak English!
Hey it's easy to get a job there! Look the rate!
London big rich city!
Hey we got cousins there too!

Stuffs like that for the main ones.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies