Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:25:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127736 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 23, 2015, 06:01:54 AM »

People were replying to one of our oldest trolls, how did we think it was going to go?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 04:51:06 AM »

You might want to discuss a change of meds with your doc.  These, aren't, working.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:24:59 AM »

I would gladly deport half the French Parliament and every Cac40 CEO in exchange for taking a million Syrians, who are a delightful people, or Eritrean, or any other blokes. And I would have them live in my neighborhood. Granted, a small limit to that Sad
I suspect you'll end up getting your wish, but I think it will be a Monkey's Paw type wish.

How's that economic recovery coming along compared to your peers?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yeah, screw those women, we're all ready pretty sh**tty to 'em, what's wrong with a little more?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:30:21 AM »

Some of you people are disgusting.  Some people don't want millions of more people in their countries, so their automatically racists?  What kind of bullspit is that?  It's an issue that can be discussed, debated, compromised on, but you guys don't want that, you want to show how much better you are.  Great job poisoning the well.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 07:24:59 AM »

Some of you people are disgusting.  Some people don't want millions of more people in their countries, so their automatically racists?  What kind of bullspit is that?  It's an issue that can be discussed, debated, compromised on, but you guys don't want that, you want to show how much better you are.  Great job poisoning the well.

Oh please. This, of course, isn't simple. 

my 'Browns' comment was unnecessary - so I'll apologise for it. But there should be consideration of people who are escaping abominable situations that we cannot fathom. We dont understand that desperation, we don't know what kind of risks we'd be prepared to take.

States need to ensure their sovereignty but that's the point. Hence my question - these are humanitarian crises, what do we do? Other than say they're not our problem, despite the policy decisions taken in many of our countries, including mine, helped lead to this.
We can talk about it, but it's a lot harder to do when one side is calling EVERYbody on the other side racists.  It just shows some of you don't really want to talk about it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 12:45:14 AM »

They are fleeing death at the hands of violent Islamist extremists, not running off to spread it.
How far do they need to flee?  It seems they keep fleeing until they get to where they want to go, not to where it's safe.  Which makes me think it's less about fleeing and more about economics.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 03:40:36 AM »

No, you're copy and pasting an unsubstantiated story that sounds familiar to many.
What makes you think it's unsubstantiated?  It did happen, in April.  There are many stories on it.  BBC, CNN, others.  More recently, a couple was murdered in Sicily, but it was likely a robbery gone wrong ('cause that's better somehow) and a refugee in Maine was recently murdered by his fellow refugees for having the audacity to be a Christian.

Perhaps we're horrible people for bringing it up.  I'm sure it's nothing and once everybody gets where they want to go, tensions will calm down and you won't keep seeing stories like this.  Or maybe if we do, it will be because Europeans kept the refugees from integrating with society, but surely the children of the refugees will be more integrated and less likely to do horrible things in the name of their religion.  That's worked well with the ones already in Europe right?  The second and third generations are much calmer than their father's, yes?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 08:26:17 AM »

Why would you think it would end?  I don't understand, you think letting a bunch in will stop the flood?  If drowning by the thousands doesn't stop them, opening the gates certainly won't either.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 06:39:22 AM »

Yeah, but in that crowd of hundreds of bullies and assholes we saw two kids and an old guy......FEEL SORRY FOR THEM!.....not for the reasons you think, but because those bullies and assholes are their fathers and brothers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 07:08:00 AM »

are y'all telling me that if you were unexpectedly stopped by authorities just when you've almost arrived at the place of salvation that you've been trying to get to for gods know how long, you wouldn't be at all angry? you wouldn't lash out even a little bit?
They've already reached salvation, they're just trying to get a better seat now.  And acting like spoiled children to try and get that better seat.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 07:09:42 AM »

A flow chart on refugees from which countries are in which countries:
http://pejl.svt.se/flyktingstrommar-en/#sy2010
Why does France get so many "others" and "unknowns"?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 07:18:52 AM »

Those aren't refugees though are they?  I was under the impression they (the people of Francophone Africa) could get French citizenship if they wanted it...or something?  I suppose one could be both.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 08:13:43 AM »

in other news, dead0 is literally referring to refugees from the worst humanitarian crisis of the century as "spoiled children". surprising? not really. disgusting? very.
this just in, lefty uses emotions instead of brain.  More at a 11.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »

You're right, but don't expect to be heard.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 05:50:46 AM »

The Austrian parliament is currently in session and will pass a new "Asylum Law of Force" in the afternoon, proposed by SPÖVPGreens.

The law would allow the government to confiscate (unused) property in every Austrian town/city (no matter what the town's mayor or its population say) and transform it into asylum seeker quarters.

We'll see if NEOS votes with SPÖVPGreens. FPÖ and TS are voting against.
New development:

Homeless (Austrian citizens) have been turned away at the food distribution spots for migrants in Salzburg, with the volunteers telling them "this is only for migrants passing Austria for Germany".

The charity CARITAS, which runs the thing, later said this was a "big mistake" and that homeless Austrians "would of course also be invited to receive one meal a day at these spots" ...
It's almost like they WANT the backlash.  Do the property owners at least get a little "rent" from the govt?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 01:17:54 PM »

Send 'em all there then, lets see how it plays out.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 11:17:08 PM »

but remember, you're the bigot if you don't want economic migrants coming to your country by the millions.  Somehow.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »

I'm on the side of those concerned about the number of immigrants coming in, but that's funking disgusting.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 02:11:24 AM »

...and even they've been really quite lately.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 06:24:36 AM »

The Daily Mail often sucks, no doubt, but if the thing being posted about actually happened (as in this case), this excuse for an argument is stupid.
So, either a refugee, a Muslim who immigrated a long time ago or a SD member wanting to flare up racism could have done it.

No proof it's a refugee or not.
and if it's proven it's a refugee?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 04:40:25 PM »

Also (and this applies to Latin American/African immigration more than Syria), if poor people from the third world are such an economic boon for developed countries, why are their countries of origin so poor that they have to flee?
because white people of course

Sometimes Google translate isn't horrible.....this isn't one of those times
You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 05:02:18 PM »

Sarcasm before dinner?  You'll get a tummy ache.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 06:30:36 AM »

What's worse, is that if you dare to have a different opinion on the topic, you're a racist.  Period.  End of discussion.  The well is fully poisoned.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2015, 06:14:41 AM »

I was starting to wonder when the "you disagree with me about immigration, you must be a bigot" brigade was coming back, you guys had been so quiet the last few pages.  Welcome back!

(did one of them even accuse the other side of poisoning the well and killing discussion?  The ironing!)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 03:38:28 PM »

The fear, I think, is that there will be millions of unfilled jobs when the tail end of the Baby Boomer generation retires.  And not enough health care workers to wipe their ass and take their temperature.  It's not an unfounded fear, but it's probably not going to be as bad as the chicken little's claim.  Japan is in a much worse generationly unbalanced boat than Western Europe, but they are inventing new robots to do the work, not importing millions of poor people and hoping for the best.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies