Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127671 times)
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« on: August 20, 2015, 03:20:40 AM »

Why isn't the US taking some of the 800,000 in? Seems unfair that a single, relatively small country has to take in all of the refugees. Why not equalize it proportionally among the European Union nations?

Because no one is obligated to take in economic migrants, as poverty is not a legitimate excuse for asylum. Nor is being from a war-torn country sufficient under US law. Which is sensible.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 07:06:31 PM »

Also, you have a valid point: Many migrants are simply picky & choosy. If they are brought to a small village in the French Alps, they need to behave and remain there and not go to Calais again. What's wrong with a small town in the French Alps ? Is it wose than their town in Syria or AfPak ? They should be happy to be in a place like this or otherwise be deported if they are not behaving like ordinary people.

Hmm, eventually I was a bit sarcastic...

I said they were deported to...immigration centers...not cute little little small villages in which they are offered flowers.

And then if they don't want to stay, what?

Is there anything wrong with not wanting to stay in a country that globally rejects migrants, has an historical problem with its own Muslim community, in which there is a fast pace growing racism, in which the population has a very hard time speaking the most international language, English, and where job perspectives seems to be kinda...foggy.

Is there a problem in wanting an other country than that to have a better future??

I fear that those people call migrants are just...normal human beings.

Oh and, in some places you still have people nicely welcoming them, and when that happens you have those migrant human beings being very grateful and trying to do the best to integrate themselves to the French society.

What I said then, human beings.

I have an hard time believing that some people can actually try to make a point about....1 guy.....out of thousands, but hey, I'm not surprised either, that's an other aspect of...human beings.

The most stupid it's that it's precisely by rejecting those people that are mainly looking for decent life conditions that you give more odds to create bitter ones in the future that could precisely decide to strike back.

There is no problem wanting any of those things. At the same time, there is also no problem with the British quite sensibly wanting nothing to do with these people, and using any means to keep them out. They have no right to enter the UK.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies