Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:32:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 47
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127965 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2015, 09:18:58 PM »

Coming soon to a country near you:

Christian refugees murdered by Muslim migrants for praying.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You really are a disgusting human being
Well he is right we are basically lifting who Somali villages out of Somalia into the U.S. This madness must stop. I stand with God and his people and values.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »

Coming soon to a country near you:

Christian refugees murdered by Muslim migrants for praying.

Quote from: Restricted

You really are a disgusting human being

Yeah, I'm a real piece of trash for posting an article describing an event that happened.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #302 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:01 PM »

No, you're copy and pasting an unsubstantiated story that sounds familiar to many.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »

No, you're copy and pasting an unsubstantiated story that sounds familiar to many.

It does sound familiar, doesn't it?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2015, 12:37:40 AM »

Meanwhile, delegations from Hungary and Bulgaria have visited Israel to study their high-tech border fence, which they might apply against the refugees ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #305 on: September 05, 2015, 12:43:33 AM »

During the night, Chancellors Faymann and Merkel announced that the thousands of migrants who are marching on Hungarian highways to Austria, will be picked up with 60 buses close to the border and transferred to Austria and Germany. Austria has already sent the buses and 3.000 migrants have been brought to Vienna and Burgenland last night:

"Aufgrund der heutigen Notlage an der ungarischen Grenze stimmen Österreich und Deutschland in diesem Fall einer Weiterreise der Flüchtlinge in ihre Länder zu".

"Because of the current emergency situation on the Hungarian border, the governments of Austria and Germany have allowed the migrants to continue their travel into our countries." - joint statement by Faymann and Merkel.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2015, 02:03:14 AM »

US pressured to take 65,000 refugees

Seems a bit low in the grand scheme of things though.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »

Put as many as fit comfortably in Detroit. It'll seem like a paradise to them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2015, 03:40:36 AM »

What makes you think it's unsubstantiated?  It did happen, in April.  There are many stories on it.  BBC, CNN, others.  More recently, a couple was murdered in Sicily, but it was likely a robbery gone wrong ('cause that's better somehow) and a refugee in Maine was recently murdered by his fellow refugees for having the audacity to be a Christian.

Perhaps we're horrible people for bringing it up.  I'm sure it's nothing and once everybody gets where they want to go, tensions will calm down and you won't keep seeing stories like this.  Or maybe if we do, it will be because Europeans kept the refugees from integrating with society, but surely the children of the refugees will be more integrated and less likely to do horrible things in the name of their religion.  That's worked well with the ones already in Europe right?  The second and third generations are much calmer than their father's, yes?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2015, 04:31:05 AM »

How have Europeans kept immigrants from integrating? Immigrants have kept themselves from integrating.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2015, 05:00:23 AM »

And Budapest train station is full again...won't be long before the next march gets underway.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #311 on: September 05, 2015, 07:43:15 AM »

What makes you think it's unsubstantiated?  It did happen, in April.  There are many stories on it.  BBC, CNN, others.  More recently, a couple was murdered in Sicily, but it was likely a robbery gone wrong ('cause that's better somehow) and a refugee in Maine was recently murdered by his fellow refugees for having the audacity to be a Christian.

Perhaps we're horrible people for bringing it up.  I'm sure it's nothing and once everybody gets where they want to go, tensions will calm down and you won't keep seeing stories like this.  Or maybe if we do, it will be because Europeans kept the refugees from integrating with society, but surely the children of the refugees will be more integrated and less likely to do horrible things in the name of their religion.  That's worked well with the ones already in Europe right?  The second and third generations are much calmer than their father's, yes?
Nailed it.

I thought this NYT article was interesting: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/09/04/world/europe/europe-refugee-distribution.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0.

I'm not really down with the fact that the Netherlands is the country that takes in most asylum seekers after Sweden, Germany, and Italy (and presumably Austria): this is just disproportional. At the same time, I can only commend Eastern European countries for their sensible approach.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: September 05, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »

10.000 migrants are expected here today.

6.500 have already arrived and many of them already went on to Germany.

It is estimated that there are still around 40.000-50.000 in Hungary waiting to come and of course we know that Macedonia has 3.000-5.000 crossing their borders every day, so this won't end soon.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #313 on: September 05, 2015, 08:26:17 AM »

Why would you think it would end?  I don't understand, you think letting a bunch in will stop the flood?  If drowning by the thousands doesn't stop them, opening the gates certainly won't either.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: September 05, 2015, 08:29:57 AM »

Why would you think it would end?  I don't understand, you think letting a bunch in will stop the flood?  If drowning by the thousands doesn't stop them, opening the gates certainly won't either.

I didn't say it will end. On the contrary: With the people now coming in in droves and the governments letting them in, those who are here will call their relatives in the Middle-East and even more will come. This is only the beginning. We are at the start of an invasion.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: September 05, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »

While Hungary is trying to block migrants from entering the EU, Germany is encouraging everyone to try it. Can't Merkel just send airplanes to Syria already to pick up these people?
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #316 on: September 05, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2015, 08:48:09 AM by Helsinkian »

Last year 3,600 asylum seekers arrived in Finland. The estimate for this year is up to 30,000 asylum seekers. That's an eightfold increase to the previous year. The flood gates are open, and Finland is set to become the new Sweden.

In a populist move to gather political points among those naive enough to support the wave of asylum seekers (and perhaps to deliberately annoy his coalition partner, the Finns Party), our Prime Minister Juha Sipilä (Centre Party) has decided to offer his own house in Kempele, Northern Finland, as an accomodation for circa 20 asylum seekers.

With the news of this spreading internationally, I can only guess that his decision will lead to an influx of thousands more.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/pm_sipila_pledges_oulu_home_to_refugees/8282824
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #317 on: September 05, 2015, 08:53:37 AM »

This is the end of Europe as we know it. Get ready to say goodbye to the continent of the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. In 60 years or so Europe, save for its eastern fringes, will be what Syria is today.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: September 05, 2015, 09:02:49 AM »

---

Yeah, a 21-year old computer operator is definitely the person who should apply for asylum in Central Europe, coming from "war-torn" Lahore, Pakistan ... Roll Eyes

Guy would probably be better off somewhere in India ...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #319 on: September 05, 2015, 09:04:43 AM »

Last year 3,600 asylum seekers arrived in Finland. The estimate for this year is up to 30,000 asylum seekers. That's an eightfold increase to the previous year. The flood gates are open, and Finland is set to become the new Sweden.

In a populist move to gather political points among those naive enough to support the wave of asylum seekers (and perhaps to deliberately annoy his coalition partner, the Finns Party), our Prime Minister Juha Sipilä (Centre Party) has decided to offer his own house in Kempele, Northern Finland, as an accomodation for circa 20 asylum seekers.

With the news of this spreading internationally, I can only guess that his decision will lead to an influx of thousands more.

I am amazed by Finland doing this, the Nordic country that could have saved itself. Why don't politicians see what's happening to Sweden? I'd surely feel f**ked if I would have voted for the Finns Party.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #320 on: September 05, 2015, 09:08:28 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2015, 09:18:14 AM by Helsinkian »

I am amazed by Finland doing this, the Nordic country that could have saved itself. Why don't politicians see what's happening to Sweden? I'd surely feel f**ked if I would have voted for the Finns Party.

Most Finnish politicans have always naively looked up to Sweden. When proposing new legislation in any issue, it has often been enough of a justification to say that "Sweden already has a similar law".

The voters of the Finns Party certainly don't like this, but unfortunately the party's leader, Timo Soini, is an egotist who puts his own career ahead of the party and the country: now that he's achieved his dream of becoming a cabinet minister, he's not going to pull his party from the coalition. He'll probably resign from active politics in a few years, after completing his term as minister, and honestly I'm not sure he cares what happens to the party after him.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2015, 09:09:18 AM »

Don't worry, they are seeing it. But they are leading Europe into the abyss with their eyes wide open. In their quest to transform Europe into an impoverished wasteland like Syria and Africa ...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »

Okay, that's quite enough you guys.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2015, 09:16:33 AM by DavidB. »

Didn't know that Soini was such an egotistical guy. Not that I'm really surprised, he's not the first new-right leader to be like that.

Anyhow, I'll start filming the new hit series "Finland Is The New Sweden" already. Car bombs, rape, and gays being beaten up are involved. Coming to your neighborhood soon! Stay tuned, don't leave this channel!

This is all so sad.

Don't worry, they are seeing it. But they are leading Europe into the abyss with their eyes wide open. In their quest to transform Europe into an impoverished wasteland like Syria and Africa ...
Unfortunately, you are right on the money.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2015, 09:26:40 AM »

Oh wow. I... um... oh wow. Consider taking a valium or something...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies