Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:54:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 47
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 126435 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: January 10, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »

In the lighter news

In Denmark a network of useful idiots humanitarians helps smuggle refugees to Sweden, one of the persons behind it are Annika Holm Nielsen (who are member of the Red Greens and ran as candidate to parliament last election and received 551 votes). They're widely celebrated by both the far right and far left, but for entirely differents reasons.
Amazing. Gotta love Denmark. If only the Dutch far left would be getting these people out of the country instead of helping them in... But why, exactly, do they do this? Because they consider Sweden more humanitarian than Denmark?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #901 on: January 10, 2016, 06:10:53 PM »

In the lighter news

In Denmark a network of useful idiots humanitarians helps smuggle refugees to Sweden, one of the persons behind it are Annika Holm Nielsen (who are member of the Red Greens and ran as candidate to parliament last election and received 551 votes). They're widely celebrated by both the far right and far left, but for entirely differents reasons.
Amazing. Gotta love Denmark. If only the Dutch far left would be getting these people out of the country instead of helping them in... But why, exactly, do they do this? Because they consider Sweden more humanitarian than Denmark?

They do, but that's not the reason they do it. They think that people have a right to live where they want (through in all fairness they may just be idiots), and these migrants want to live in Sweden, so they think the only right thing to do is help them on their way. Ironic DPP are quite hostile to this (DPP for complex reasons care a whole lot more about Sweden than most Danish parties, with the Social Democrats being the main other exception), it's the groups to the right of DPP who celebrate these useful idiots, and of course all us who just find the whole "the far left humanitarians smuggle refugees out of the country" hilarious.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #902 on: January 11, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

In the lighter news

Interesting that they don't subscribe to Tony's idea of getting as many in as possible in order to rack up votes for their preferred political party.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #903 on: January 11, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »

In the lighter news

Interesting that they don't subscribe to Tony's idea of getting as many in as possible in order to rack up votes for their preferred political party.

Well they're useless idiots, they're not entirely delusional. First of all that idea suffer from a few points, only citizens can vote, Denmark have Jus sanguinis not Jus soli (like France and USA) citizenship. This mean that people need to be well integrated enough to be able to take a test to get citizenship (and people with criminal records are limited in taking the test). So already there it will take decades before these people will influence elections (outside local ones, which are open to inhabitants of the Danish state). Next there's the fact the Muslims who do have citizenship only around 30% votes. So while Denmark have 250-270k Muslims (around 4% of the population), they make up something like 0,5-0,8% of the voters. Of course some groups are better represented (Pakistani and Turk/Kurd), but the number of Arabic (and Somali) Muslims who votes are lower than the average.

I also think (and this is just a suspicion from my side) for many of these people, deep down there's a cynical awareness how many money and troubles Denmark saves by sending these people to Sweden. These people are not complete idiots, and while we told ourselves first that all these people was well educated, there's enough evidence that these people rarely have useful skill to work in Denmark, there's also enough evidence that other refugees/immigrants we have gotten from this region give a significant deficit for at least 2 generations. So this is a easy way to play humanitarian, while at the same time exporting the problem to Sweden.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #904 on: January 11, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2016, 04:58:25 PM by Beezer »

Sad stuff. 2 "refugees" on the German island of Fehmarn insulted and then robbed a Jewish French tourist. His only crime: wearing a kippah.

http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/schleswig-holstein/Fluechtlinge-beschimpfen-und-berauben-Juden-,fluechtlinge5548.html
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #905 on: January 16, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »

Some Finnish women have a peculiar way of taking advantage of the migrants in their country. According to this article, older Finnish women use newly arrived refugees as prostitutes.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #906 on: January 16, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »

nice!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #907 on: January 16, 2016, 10:19:12 AM »

It seems the Muslim immigrant gropers and abusers are refusing to take their hands off German women:

Migrant men banned from German swimming pool

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35326090
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #908 on: January 16, 2016, 10:38:38 AM »

Related to that, I am crossposting this from the Dutch thread:

In response to the unfortunate events in Cologne, Geert Wilders seeks to legalize pepper spray in order for women to be able to defend themselves against, as Wilders likes to call them, "Middle Eastern testosterone bombs". In order to raise awareness for his plans (and to get attention...), he will organize an event in Spijkenisse (a rather depressing "white flight" working-class suburb of Rotterdam where the PVV performs extremely well) where he will distribute what he calls "resistance spray"; apparently there is a spray containing coloring agents that is currently legal and is a (weaker) substitute for real pepper spray. Of course, this is sure to cause more controversy, and people will be outraged, and Wilders will get attention and go up in the polls.

I myself find the wording "resistance spray" to be rather unfortunate (since it contains a WWII connotation that is definitely intentional), but that is just my opinion.
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #909 on: January 16, 2016, 01:46:51 PM »

Speaking of pepper spray...top sellers on Amazon.de, sports and leisure section:

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #910 on: January 16, 2016, 04:32:07 PM »

It seems the Muslim immigrant gropers and abusers are refusing to take their hands off German women

This isn't racist at all!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #911 on: January 17, 2016, 01:58:00 AM »

It seems the Muslim immigrant gropers and abusers are refusing to take their hands off German women

No, because it's the truth and I don't like to see the truth being covered up and put under the carpet. I call it like it is.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #912 on: January 17, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »

It's discrimination based on judicial status (asylum seeker) and gender (male), but not racial. There's no ban for Arabs with Austrian residence.
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #913 on: January 17, 2016, 07:58:53 PM »

No, because it's the truth and I don't like to see the truth being covered up and put under the carpet. I call it like it is.

You can play word games over whether it's racist, but it's clearly untrue - the article explicitly says "none of the complaints involved a crime being committed".
Omega21

« Reply #914 on: January 18, 2016, 07:16:26 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2016, 07:18:01 AM by Omega21 »

You can play word games over whether it's racist, but it's clearly untrue - the article explicitly says "none of the complaints involved a crime being committed".

Doesn't say that it wasn't commited, maybe it was just not reported etc.. As "There have been complaints of sexual harassment and chatting-up going on in this swimming pool..." probably means women did not feel comfortable and I wouldn't be suprised if there was groping involved.

This is a vise decision by the pool as 50%+ of the Men that come don't have any Western values and a lot of them don't even care for the "artificial laws" of Democracy, Sharia all the way my friend.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #915 on: January 19, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »

As if things couldn't get worse, the reputable German newspaper Die Welt has reported that Christian asylum seekers in Germany are frequent victims to verbal and physical abuse by both Muslim refugees and, which is even more troubling, Muslim guards who work at the camps.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: January 19, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »

The Netherlands officially expects to take in 90,000 asylum seekers this year. Of course, the government is going to do fyck all to prevent that.
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #917 on: January 20, 2016, 08:53:25 AM »

Austria introduces an upper limit of roughly 38,000 migrants. This "Obergrenze" has been at the center of the German migrant debate as well, with virtually everyone claiming it is inhumane and unconstitutional (remarkable how many constitutional scholars are in our parliament). Guess this means we'll be getting more of them.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #918 on: January 20, 2016, 09:12:29 AM »

Austria introduces an upper limit of roughly 38,000 migrants. This "Obergrenze" has been at the center of the German migrant debate as well, with virtually everyone claiming it is inhumane and unconstitutional (remarkable how many constitutional scholars are in our parliament). Guess this means we'll be getting more of them.
The Netherlands will do this when hell freezes over. Not because people claim it's inhumane or unconstitutional (that would be too politically correct for Dutch politicians...), but because the government simply doesn't seem to care about the number of people that are coming -- ironically with the exact same result as in Germany.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #919 on: January 21, 2016, 02:20:08 AM »

Finally (= 1 year too late), Faymann and Co. woke up from their naive dream-world and decided to send some signal to the hordes of illegals around the world, by imposing an upper limit for how many asylum seekers can be admitted to Austria in the next 4 years:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-austria-idUSKCN0UY1I8
rob in cal
« Reply #920 on: January 21, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »

Tender, any thoughts about who in the Austrian ruling coalition led the way in getting this policy change?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #921 on: January 22, 2016, 05:26:07 AM »

All the Merkel/Faymann-induced migrant excesses that I have warned you guys for over a year now are slowly becoming reality ...

Merkel/Faymann have turned into a reckless security threat for European citizens with their idiotic, naive policies. But now it's time for them and their fellow naive left-leftists to WAKE UP (instead of sitting this out and remain silent), apologize to the raped and abused women and terror victims across Europe (but not with the line "Du schaffst das !") and start to do the right thing for once. Which is to shut the door on these migrants and tell them to stay home, plus deport the rapists etc. immediately (who otherwise think they can continue to sh*t on our heads) !

I agree than rapists should be deported, but that may be very difficult (you can't deport someone in another country without the authorization of the receiving country and I don't see Assad doing anything to help Europe; nor any country volunteering to take them).

Those weren't Syrians in Cologne... well, only a minority of them there anyway. Mostly Algerians and Moroccans. And one U.S. citizen, in fact.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #922 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:25 AM »

Anyway, I was subpoenaed to appear in court as a witness. It was about a guy who - in opposition to the refugee policy - had declared his wish to "poke out the eyes and cut off the tongue" of a certain politician last autumn. Defendant refused to appear in court yesterday. Judge couldn't say how the trial will continue. On the upside, because he wasn't there the accused didn't come to know my name and how I look. Because I don't have any pepper spray yet you know.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #923 on: January 22, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »

Anyway, I was subpoenaed to appear in court as a witness. It was about a guy who - in opposition to the refugee policy - had declared his wish to "poke out the eyes and cut off the tongue" of a certain politician last autumn. Defendant refused to appear in court yesterday. Judge couldn't say how the trial will continue. On the upside, because he wasn't there the accused didn't come to know my name and how I look. Because I don't have any pepper spray yet you know.
That's sad Sad Hope you'll be safe. Pepper spray is legal in Germany, right? Though obviously no one should need to have it...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: January 22, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »

The new Austrian Defense Minister Hans-Peter Doskozil (SPÖ) said today that he will authorize the use of army Hercules planes to deport economic migrants who enter Austria illegally and deport them to their countries of origin (if possible):

Recently, many asylum seekers came from countries such as Morocco, Algeria, Egypt etc. - which are hardly war zones. Under the Geneva convention, these people have no right to leave their country and pick and choose where to go to and claim asylum. That's also the main argument from the ÖVP, which pushed hard to deport these people to their countries of origin (and is also the answer to rob in cal's question from above). The ÖVP's plan is to deport asylum seekers if the annual quota has been reached at 37.500 and if people still illegally set foot into Austria afterwards. Based on the Geneva convention and some EU treaties it is apparently possible to enforce this "upper cap" which Austria set and deport the surplus migrants, without breaking any law ...

http://derstandard.at/2000029589845/Doskozil-bietet-Heeresmaschinen-fuer-Abschiebungen-an

http://derstandard.at/2000029485523/Experte-Obwexer-Asyl-Obergrenze-grundsaetzlich-moeglich

Meanwhile, the naive morons in Germany and Sweden (Merkel, Schäuble, Löfven, Johannson etc.) still think that an "upper cap" is not "enforceable" and "against the law":

http://derstandard.at/2000029527456/Schweden-zweifelt-an-Obergrenze-Nicht-durchfuehrbar

http://www.dw.com/en/german-finance-minister-criticizes-austrian-refugee-cap/a-18997812
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies