Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:53:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 47
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 126450 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: December 11, 2015, 11:12:13 AM »

"Massive ISIS rally in Germany leaves citizens dumb founded" http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cfb_1449062774#SMfvAeurP7WOlM2p.99

I don't speak Arabian, but they are certainly waving the ISIS flag.

Yeah, too late already.

Thanks to our neglecting and naive/clueless politicians, who are (still) allowing this cancer into our countries.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »

"Massive ISIS rally in Germany leaves citizens dumb founded" http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cfb_1449062774#SMfvAeurP7WOlM2p.99

I don't speak Arabic, but they are certainly waving the ISIS flag.

I'm confused. What is this? There is nothing reliable on this. Can someone other than the regulars explain this? Antonio, maybe?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #877 on: December 11, 2015, 01:32:15 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2015, 10:41:02 PM by ingemann »

I would like more information (date and city please), so I can read up on this.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #878 on: December 16, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »

The Islamist cancer is moving closer and closer to where I live:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20151216/two-men-connected-to-paris-attacks-arrested-in-salzburg
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #879 on: December 16, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »

I'm confused. What is this? There is nothing reliable on this. Can someone other than the regulars explain this? Antonio, maybe?

I've also heard stories about an aid working in Italy getting stabbed by refugees and another about a female aid worker being gang raped. They sound "too good to be true" from an anti-immigration standpoint so I'm doubtful. I get the feeling if they were true though, the media wouldn't report them.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #880 on: December 16, 2015, 06:31:59 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2015, 06:33:40 PM by DavidB. »

Geert Wilders called upon people to protest a new asylum seeker center in Geldermalsen, a small rural town in the center of the Netherlands. Tonight, people did. Violently. Two policemen have been injured; eleven people have been arrested. The members of the municipal council and the mayor had to be evacuated and brought to safe places. Hundreds of people hurled stones and fireworks.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #881 on: December 17, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »

Video of the aforementioned protests: https://youtu.be/9yWDXIJeksg
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #882 on: December 17, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »

Nothing to fear, just widows and children...widows and children...widows and children
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #883 on: December 17, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »

Chart/Map of asylum requests in the 3rd quarter of 2015 (total and per capita):

* notice that the peak migration was in Q4 though.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #884 on: December 19, 2015, 10:42:18 AM »

The Austrian Ministry of Interior has produced a new brochure about basic rules and how to behave here in English/Arabic/Persian - which they will hand out to every migrant that crosses the southern borders (currently = 3000-5000 people per day).

In English (right-click for huge version):

http://www.refugee-guide.at/en/start.html
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #885 on: December 19, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »

Have they been given basement building lessons, yet?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #886 on: December 20, 2015, 06:20:26 AM »

The construction workers among the migrants will surely get these lessons during the costly skills assessment programs that will try to integrate these people into the labour force ...
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #887 on: December 20, 2015, 06:45:10 AM »

That feel when many Polish people would have probably greater problems with accepting few of those points compared with any refugee/imigrant from Levant.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #888 on: December 20, 2015, 03:03:51 PM »

Sometimes a joke just stop being funny, and turn into racist bullying.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #889 on: December 20, 2015, 03:14:17 PM »

That feel when many Polish people would have probably greater problems with accepting few of those points compared with any refugee/imigrant from Levant.

I deal with both Polish and "Levantine" immigrants, and the Polish immigrants may think whatever they think about SSM, but they don't say it and they don't attack gay people, and neither are the especially overrepresented in the statistics for spousal or child abuse. The women shelters have a significant overrepresentation of women with immigrant background (especially from the Middle East). So yes a lot of Poles may not agree with some of the points brought up on the Austrian posters, but they mostly behave accept that it's rules of the game when they migrate to west European countries.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #890 on: December 21, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »

The Hungarian foreign minister calls Austrian Chancellor a stupid moron (and, not surprisingly, he's right: Faymann is a tremendous trainwreck and a security risk to Austria and Europe):

Hungary accuses Austria of 'stupidity' in refugee crisis

Hungary has accused Austria of confusing “solidarity and stupidity” after Vienna said that nations which do not accept their share of refugees under European Union quotas should face sanctions.

Austrian Chancellor Werner Faymann had said that countries who did not cooperate with the refugee programme and received more money from the EU than they put in should see their subsidies cut.

“The Austrian chancellor does not see the difference between solidarity and stupidity” said Budapest’s Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto.

“Solidarity means helping people who are in danger where they live, and helping them to return home once the conflict is finished,” Szijjarto told Hungarian national press agency MTI Sunday.

“Stupidity is letting hundreds of thousands of people — millions — into Europe with no controls, while everyone, Europeans and migrants alike, can see they’ll never get what they hoped for here,” he said.

German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier has also threatened legal action against EU countries that refused to accept refugees under the bloc’s quota programme, specifically mentioning Hungary and Slovakia.

Szijjarto, a member of Viktor Orban’s hardline right-wing government, accused foreign politicians of “using blackmail to bring more migrants into Europe, then distributing them through a system of obligatory quotas”.

According to plans to distribute 160,000 refugees and migrants across the bloc, Slovakia and Hungary are due to take in around 2,300 people each. But the relocation plan, drawn up in September, is proving to be slow moving and difficult to put into effect.

http://news.yahoo.com/hungary-accuses-austria-stupidity-refugee-crisis-062610041.html
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #891 on: December 21, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »

In a Berlin U-Bahn train, ISIS supporters openly hand out leaflets and sing ISIS songs: http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/polizei/berlin-spandau-islamisten-werben-in-der-u7-fuer-den--islamischen-staat-,10809296,32950406.html
swl
France

« Reply #892 on: December 24, 2015, 06:08:07 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2015, 06:14:32 AM by swl »

Denmark was planning to take jewelry from refugees, in order to compensate for their benefits.
Among many comparisons with Jews and WWII, police said they will not be able to enforce this if it comes into law.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #893 on: December 29, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »

Fun after the winter break: a municipality in the province of Noord-Brabant, the Netherlands, will make security personnel guard children who pass an asylum seeker center while cycling to their high schools. An NGO for migrants called this measure "stigmatizing".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #894 on: January 07, 2016, 08:38:56 AM »

The BMI (Interior Ministry) once again made use of their "Law of Force" and this time it is impacting my brother:

The BMI has forced the city of St. Johann in Tirol (8.000 people) to open the Wintersteller army barracks to about 300-500 (!) asylum seekers.

These army barracks are about a quarter mile away from my brother's house ... and he tells me the local residents there are already highly annoyed and pissed-off by this dictatorial move.

http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2748857
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #895 on: January 10, 2016, 07:24:18 AM »

The guy shot and killed by French police last week had been living in the western German city of Recklinghausen as an asylum seeker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12091489/German-asylum-seeker-shelter-which-housed-Paris-police-station-attacker-raided.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

As a German I have no trust in our government at all anymore. What's transpired over the last week is like a bad nightmare.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #896 on: January 10, 2016, 07:41:34 AM »

All the Merkel/Faymann-induced migrant excesses that I have warned you guys for over a year now are slowly becoming reality ...

Merkel/Faymann have turned into a reckless security threat for European citizens with their idiotic, naive policies. But now it's time for them and their fellow naive left-leftists to WAKE UP (instead of sitting this out and remain silent), apologize to the raped and abused women and terror victims across Europe (but not with the line "Du schaffst das !") and start to do the right thing for once. Which is to shut the door on these migrants and tell them to stay home, plus deport the rapists etc. immediately (who otherwise think they can continue to sh*t on our heads) !
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #897 on: January 10, 2016, 07:42:47 AM »

Kinda rhetoric question but I wonder what can be influenc of refugee crisis on UN actions for creation of National Accord government in Libya? Now Fayez al-Sarraj cabinet is kinda virtual but if both power centres - Tripoli and Tobruk will accept UN forced cabinet probably they will be also force to somehow work on controlling the flood of refugees. Although I am not sure if this is even possible in Libya AD 2016.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #898 on: January 10, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »

All the Merkel/Faymann-induced migrant excesses that I have warned you guys for over a year now are slowly becoming reality ...

Merkel/Faymann have turned into a reckless security threat for European citizens with their idiotic, naive policies. But now it's time for them and their fellow naive left-leftists to WAKE UP (instead of sitting this out and remain silent), apologize to the raped and abused women and terror victims across Europe (but not with the line "Du schaffst das !") and start to do the right thing for once. Which is to shut the door on these migrants and tell them to stay home, plus deport the rapists etc. immediately (who otherwise think they can continue to sh*t on our heads) !

I agree than rapists should be deported, but that may be very difficult (you can't deport someone in another country without the authorization of the receiving country and I don't see Assad doing anything to help Europe; nor any country volunteering to take them).
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #899 on: January 10, 2016, 04:43:05 PM »

In the lighter news

In Denmark a network of useful idiots humanitarians helps smuggle refugees to Sweden, one of the persons behind it are Annika Holm Nielsen (who are member of the Red Greens and ran as candidate to parliament last election and received 551 votes). They're widely celebrated by both the far right and far left, but for entirely differents reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies