Court TV and Crime.

(1/1)

MissCatholic:
One of the problems in human nature is that we all like to have attention and some like to be famous. How this fame is obtained depends on the actions of the individual. However. considerring the amount of attention a human being gets when they commit a horrible crime it makes me ask the question whether court tv increases the number of crimes in America.

I would like to put on trial a theory that if you commit a horrible crime you dont get any attention from the media. Therefore people like Scott Pieterson get no tv time at all. If i was to pick up my gun walk into a school i can guarantee that i would be on tv. do people commit crimes to get attention from networks?

America has a crime rate problem. Liberals say its best to ban guns. but considerring they live in their urban home who have the police round the corner i can understand why they might suggest this but in reality its not correct. So i`m suggesting something different! if court tv was abolished due to concerns that it promotes violate crimes and networks were embargoed to talk about certain violent crimes would it decrease crime in America?

MissCatholic:
you appear to be a reasonable guy!

AkSaber:
I thought Court TV only covered high-profile crimes. Like when celebrities break the law.

Fmr. Gov. NickG:

You think Scott Peterson killed his wife just to get on TV?  I'm sure he would have preferred not getting caught, and the possibility for publicity never entered into his mind. 

I'd imagine there are a couple serial-killer types who commit crimes just to get attention, but this has been true since well before the advent of CourtTV, or even TV at all, and the number is so small as to not be statistically significant to overall crime figures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index