Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:27:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement  (Read 2328 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »

That's funny. I was there this summer too, although I spent more time in some "outposts" close to Shiloh, building some stuff and contributing to the future of the Jewish people.

First of all, the settlements are not illegal. It's Israel, they can do whatever they want on THEIR LAND. Pick up a history book, or read something online, the palestinians have absolutely no right to the land, Israel has been beyond generous to have given them land in the past and yet, Israelis are still victims of palestinian terrorism. Anyone who claims otherwise is just dumb/ignorant.
Amen.

However, I have a fundamental issue with an American presidential candidate doing fundraising on foreign soil, I'm not sure how that's even legal. We Republicans were critical of Bill Clinton/DNC for accepting foreign donations, be it from China, in 1996. Furthermore, I'm with George Bush 41 who was critical of Bill Clinton for going overseas during Vietnam to protest the war - I believe this Iran deal is disastrous, but I wouldn't go to foreign soil and criticize it.
I totally understand what you're saying, but firstly, this is probably just for show ("look at me, I'm the most pro-Israel guy"), since almost nobody in Shiloh is actually rich (by contrast, the Gush Etzion region, south of Jerusalem, is well-known for its amount of rich Americans). Secondly, many of these places are full of Americans who made aliyah. I think you'd consider it much less problematic if Huckabee does fundraising with American citizens who just live abroad, right? Because if he's actually fundraising, that's what he's doing.

All that aside, this is hack-ish and uncouth on Huckabee's part, especially as this is a troublesome outpost that even the center-right knows will have to go.
Shiloh is authorized by the Israeli government, so it's not an outpost. Some places around Shiloh are, but Shiloh itself isn't. Not going to reply to the rest of your claims, although I'd advise you to read something about Shiloh's place in the history of the Jewish people.

I don't have an issue with Huckabee fundraising with Americans in Israel so long as they are U.S. citizens. I love Israel, I know Israeli people and they are smart, strong, and great. But I don't believe anyone from a foreign country should be allowed to donate to a U.S. presidential candidate.

As a person with Palestinian ancestry, this PISSES me off to no end, those settlements are illegal and the fact that Huckabee is holding a fundraiser in an ILLEGAL settlement does nothing but show an uneducated mentality, I am glad he will NEVER be President.

First of all, the settlements are not illegal. It's Israel, they can do whatever they want on THEIR LAND. Pick up a history book, or read something online, the palestinians have absolutely no right to the land, Israel has been beyond generous to have given them land in the past and yet, Israelis are still victims of palestinian terrorism. Anyone who claims otherwise is just dumb/ignorant.

However, I have a fundamental issue with an American presidential candidate doing fundraising on foreign soil, I'm not sure how that's even legal. We Republicans were critical of Bill Clinton/DNC for accepting foreign donations, be it from China, in 1996. Furthermore, I'm with George Bush 41 who was critical of Bill Clinton for going overseas during Vietnam to protest the war - I believe this Iran deal is disastrous, but I wouldn't go to foreign soil and criticize it.

The British promised the Jews some of the land and the Arabs some of the land.  What is so hard to understand about some of the land belonging to Arabs?

Completely irrelevant, Israel concurred ALL of the land they claim to be theirs. The Palestinians have no real claim to that land and regardless, they are an outlaw regime.

Screw Huckabee and screw Israel. Worthless pile of trash candidate.

What I love about you anti-semites and anti-christians is that you are completely clueless and are just angry because Jews and Christians have been successful since we respect human life, basic human rights, and we love freedom. Israel has contributed greatly to humanitarian efforts globally, fighting terrorism, and finding cures to diseases.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 01:53:57 AM »

It's Israel, they can do whatever they want on THEIR LAND.

Is there any country (besides Israel) that considers the west bank to be part of Israel? I don't think so. I mean even George W. Bush opposed this sh**t.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2015, 03:24:44 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2015, 03:37:57 AM by LibertarianRepublican »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I love how you consider something "Anti-Semitic" or "Anti-Christian" because someone opposes a regime or your viewpoint. Try getting your house bulldozed because "God" told you that it is your land and you shove the Bible in the natives face saying "God gave us this land boo hoo". Tell me what other country bulldozes another peoples villages and homes? My family came from the town of Mujaydil near Nazareth, It was captured by the Haganah militia and the ENTIRE population (Christian and Muslim) was forcibly removed and exiled including my grandparents and infant father. And now the village my family resided in for generations is now occupied by mostly Iranian immigrants and none of us are even ALLOWED to visit relatives we have left in Israel or the West Bank.

And Newsflash Palestinians are also Christian and they feel the same way their Muslim brethren feel about Israel.... And no, I don't hate Jews, my fiancee is Jewish and many of my friends are Jewish, so don't play the Anti-Semite card on me.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2015, 03:42:05 AM »

I love when right wing hacks find out that not all Palestinians are evil Muslims
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2015, 03:45:18 AM »

I love when right wing hacks find out that not all Palestinians are evil Muslims

Exactly! This is what I can't stand about evangelicals and neocons. There were MANY Palestinian Christian villages scattered all across the area. Most Palestinians living in this country are CHRISTIAN. Some people are very uneducated and think all Palestinians are Muslims, when worldwide it's 15-25% Christian maybe even higher than that.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 04:34:09 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2015, 04:45:17 AM by DavidB. »

I don't have an issue with Huckabee fundraising with Americans in Israel so long as they are U.S. citizens. I love Israel, I know Israeli people and they are smart, strong, and great. But I don't believe anyone from a foreign country should be allowed to donate to a U.S. presidential candidate.
I totally understand. I'm just saying that this is probably not the case.

And Huck is absolutely spot on. When hell freezes over, that's when we'll give away Shiloh and Hevron Smiley
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 05:58:20 AM »

I didn't say that but you do what you always do, distort reality. I never said they were all bad or "evil muslims."

Exactly! This is what I can't stand about evangelicals and neocons. There were MANY Palestinian Christian villages scattered all across the area. Most Palestinians living in this country are CHRISTIAN. Some people are very uneducated and think all Palestinians are Muslims, when worldwide it's 15-25% Christian maybe even higher than that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I love how you consider something "Anti-Semitic" or "Anti-Christian" because someone opposes a regime or your viewpoint. Try getting your house bulldozed because "God" told you that it is your land and you shove the Bible in the natives face saying "God gave us this land boo hoo". Tell me what other country bulldozes another peoples villages and homes? My family came from the town of Mujaydil near Nazareth, It was captured by the Haganah militia and the ENTIRE population (Christian and Muslim) was forcibly removed and exiled including my grandparents and infant father. And now the village my family resided in for generations is now occupied by mostly Iranian immigrants and none of us are even ALLOWED to visit relatives we have left in Israel or the West Bank.

And Newsflash Palestinians are also Christian and they feel the same way their Muslim brethren feel about Israel.... And no, I don't hate Jews, my fiancee is Jewish and many of my friends are Jewish, so don't play the Anti-Semite card on me.

Less than 2% of the Palestinian population in Israel is christian actually. I'm not going to sit here and defend every action Israel has taken. In fact, I don't believe some of the settlements have been good for the peace process despite Israel's right to use the land. But fundamentally the Palestinian leadership (notice I'm not saying all Palestinian people) has engaged in terrorist acts and have supported terrorism in the past. Every time the Israelis have offered a concession, the Palestinians have either rejected it or committed more murder.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 07:58:17 AM »

To be fair, Huckabee's view on Israel/Palestine among Evangelicals seems to mostly be an American thing.  And in the US, Evangelicals are slowly beginning to sympathize with the plight of the Palestinian people as they learn about the situation there or watch documentaries like With God on Our Side.  I used to be a fanatical defender of Israel as I read more about the settlements my opinions began to change.
Jacobtm

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 10:17:09 AM »

I don't care about Israel's illegal settlements - people have fought over every single scrap of land on this earth for all of humanity's history. Those who "own land" are just those with the force to be able to enforce their claims. I say let Israel and Palestine have it out and see who wins.

However candidates clearly bowing down to Israel and doing its bidding, making their priority Israel over the U.S. is just sickening. Israel has walls to keep out unwanted immigrants, and they support that, but don't support it in the U.S. Absolutely disgusting.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 01:34:03 PM »

Good for him!
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

I don't care about Israel's illegal settlements - people have fought over every single scrap of land on this earth for all of humanity's history. Those who "own land" are just those with the force to be able to enforce their claims. I say let Israel and Palestine have it out and see who wins.

However candidates clearly bowing down to Israel and doing its bidding, making their priority Israel over the U.S. is just sickening. Israel has walls to keep out unwanted immigrants, and they support that, but don't support it in the U.S. Absolutely disgusting.

Who is "they"? What has Israel said about security fences in the United States?
Jacobtm

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »

"They" referred to American politicians, not Israelis.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »

"They" referred to American politicians, not Israelis.

Pretty sure Huckabee supports increased border security, so I don't see any hypocrisy there.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 06:27:44 PM »

It needs to be pointed out that Huckabee's "support" for Israel is extremely disingenuous when he believes that all Jews will go to Hell for not believing in Christ.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies