I quit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:22:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I quit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I quit  (Read 2717 times)
The Groom
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »

Lately a lot of people have been accusing me of being another user.  I've insisted that I'm not, but that seems to be the verdict here.

I don't know if new posters are normally treated this way, but I won't be posting anymore.

Sorry if I did anything offensive.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:20:12 PM »

oh
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »

k thx bye
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 09:36:32 PM »

Excellent news!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »

Is this guy actually a sock? If so, for who? And what's the evidence?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:35:17 PM »

Alas, I barely knew ye.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 10:53:26 PM »

I am going to miss your signature-thing.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 02:17:25 AM »

Slitheen though
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 04:41:39 AM »

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 05:41:38 AM »

Really, guys, is he actually a sock or all you all just being mean to him? Because if so, stop.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »

bye Atheist lol
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »

Should the Atlas Forum come with a warning/disclaimer?

"Warning politics discussed here. People here are cold and ruthless. Enter at your own risk.
Abandon all hope of finding intelligent life here."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »

Lately a lot of people have been accusing me of being another user.  I've insisted that I'm not, but that seems to be the verdict here.

I don't know if new posters are normally treated this way, but I won't be posting anymore.

Sorry if I did anything offensive.

If you really are a sock, then stop.

If not, ask the mods. That's what I did. They'll tell people it isn't the case. And if it keeps happening, just ignore it. Eventually you'll continue to not be banned and they'll get bored with it. New posters, by my experience, are often treated this way. BUT, if you like wasting time arguing about politics and stuff on the internet, it's worth sticking around.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 05:43:40 PM »

trolololol

Really, guys, is he actually a sock or all you all just being mean to him? Because if so, stop.

He is.

How do you know that, though? I'm seriously starting to doubt this guy is a sock now and you guys should stop being such @holes to him.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 05:44:42 PM »

There's like NO REASON to believe this guy is a sock.

You guys are being cruel and it really isn't funny.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »

I don't really care. Posts are low quality and he identifies as a secular humanist.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 07:04:31 PM »

Theres no evidence to say he is a sock, and who cares either way? Why do you guys want to prevent more people from contributing to this place? The angry mob of people here would do well to remember when you all first joined.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 07:40:26 PM »

I don't really care. Posts are low quality and he identifies as a secular humanist.

This is disgusting. Don't condone bullying another forum member senselessly just because of the the way he posts and his political views.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »

New posters, by my experience, are often treated this way.

Isn't that strange?  When I first started posting here everybody was always like, "hey, man, welcome to the forum" and "lookin' forward to hearing your views" and such to any new poster.  Nowadays, it's always like, "Which sammy are you?"  Or, more often, like that guy Miggs from Silence of the Lambs who tossed his jizz on Jodie Foster's hair.

Where's Doctor Lecter when you need him?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »

New posters, by my experience, are often treated this way.

Isn't that strange?  When I first started posting here everybody was always like, "hey, man, welcome to the forum" and "lookin' forward to hearing your views" and such to any new poster.  Nowadays, it's always like, "Which sammy are you?"  Or, more often, like that guy Miggs from Silence of the Lambs who tossed his jizz on Jodie Foster's hair.

Where's Doctor Lecter when you need him?

LOL
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 10:53:11 PM »

What bothers me more is someone drawing attention to themselves constantly because of people accusing of them of something. Why would you, after 33 posts, then make a thread about quitting the forum over it?

Some people here need to grow up.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 01:12:51 AM »

This is disgusting. Don't condone bullying another forum member senselessly just because of the the way he posts and his political views.

Did you actually look at his posts? Or for that matter, any of the posts anyone made about him? Like, can you actually point to the meanest post directed at him? I actually don't see any reason to think that he's a sock, but from what I can see he certainly made a couple of objectively bad posts right off the bat that would be indicative of someone who is not here to make constructive contributions. And when he made those bad posts, he got some mild criticism for it just like any established poster would if they posted the same thing. Here was my only interaction with him:

You should include Hindus and Buddhists, and Other.

Sorry.  Just check "Atheist" then.

You're bad at this.

Is that cyberbullying? Is that relentlessly cruel?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 01:54:31 AM »

Did you actually look at his posts? Or for that matter, any of the posts anyone made about him? Like, can you actually point to the meanest post directed at him? I actually don't see any reason to think that he's a sock, but from what I can see he certainly made a couple of objectively bad posts right off the bat that would be indicative of someone who is not here to make constructive contributions. And when he made those bad posts, he got some mild criticism for it just like any established poster would if they posted the same thing. Here was my only interaction with him:

You're bad at this.

You have a history of going on fruitless witch hunts against posters you disagree with. I dont think you have any room to talk here to talk
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 02:24:18 AM »

You're bad at this.

You have a history of going on fruitless witch hunts against posters you disagree with. I dont think you have any room to talk here to talk

I am not accusing The Groom of being a sock, nor would I call for his banning. I am merely questioning whether those who are reflexively criticizing the criticism of The Groom have looked at the facts. Green Line, I apologize for accusing you of being a sock before. That was rash of me, and I'm sorry. However, I will not apologize for calling you a troll because at the time your only contribution to the forum was that horrible troll thread about Jeb Bush's wife which rightly raised some red flags.

Likewise, when someone comes to the forum and immediately makes threads like this https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=217648.msg4694940#msg4694940 , it should raise some red flags, and being new shouldn't make that poster immune from criticism. Political ideology has nothing to do with it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies