Sanders to Nevada next week for another round of rallies in Las Vegas & Reno
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 08:03:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders to Nevada next week for another round of rallies in Las Vegas & Reno
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sanders to Nevada next week for another round of rallies in Las Vegas & Reno  (Read 3832 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »

Why use a term that others find offensive? Isn't that a matter of simple courtesy? Just asking.

"I'll say whatever what I want." - Tender Branson, moderator

That's correct. Please stop your political correctness, it's annoying. Besides, the word Blacksicans or Blaxicans is not offensive, it's just a word that I use to mash together the groups that Sanders is currently lacking in support - together with Native Asians.
Please stop, really. For you it's not offensive, but for other users it's offensive. Please stop. You are a moderator and you should give the example.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 12:42:51 PM »

Why use a term that others find offensive? Isn't that a matter of simple courtesy? Just asking.

That's correct. Please stop your political correctness, it's annoying. Besides, the word Blacksicans or Blaxicans is not offensive, it's just a word that I use to mash together the groups that Sanders is currently lacking in support - together with Native Asians.

Per usual, "political correctness" is coded language for "why are people getting upset when I throw around racist/sexist language? I should be allowed to say whatever I want! Sad"
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »

You are correct, but I think the bigger question is if those islamofascist Native Blaxicasians are hot or not.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »

Seriously though: who are these Blaxicans?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 02:12:48 PM »

Tender, do you perhaps have a photoshopped photo of Michelle Obama's head on a bare breasted Mexican woman that you could post here for us?  It would explain where you're coming from.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »

The word l if anything is meant to refer to black Mexicans, not to lump Blacks and Mexicans-- plus other non-Mexican Hispanics and Asians (?)-- into some silly umbrella grouping.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »

The term you're looking for, Tender, is "people of color", or perhaps "minority voters."
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »

Speaking as a person who has been banned for saying that not everyone who saves a Confederate flag is racist, who are typically the poor working whites Democrats like to claim to be the party of, I wouldn't be surprised at this level of political correctness here.

That said, "minorities", nine letters, is shorter than "Blacksicans", eleven letters.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

Replace "political correctness" with the phrase "treating people with respect", and everything makes sense.

You can do this with a Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pc2respect/mgkjmkalaomdhdldmfbgpjdpmpdnhiio
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2015, 08:58:01 PM »

Are we going to open a thread for each campaign event?

I'm open to the idea of a Bernie rally megathread

I could get behind that.  There really isn't any reason to have a new thread about every single Sanders campaign event.  If there's actual breaking news at one of these things, then fine, it could have its own thread.  But if it's just a normal rally, even if it has enormous attendance, I don't see a reason to start a brand new thread, rather than add to the existing one.

If Tender is the OP of the thread, then he can even edit the subject line of the thread each time there's a new one, to reflect whatever it is about the new rally that he wants to talk about now.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2015, 12:28:41 AM »

"Blaxicans" just rubs me the wrong way... Don't get me wrong, I hate the extreme political correctness in our culture, but "Blaxicans" may be pushing the envelope a bit. Anyways, exciting news for Sanders, hope he touches on his immigration stance to reach out more to minority voters.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2015, 01:54:35 PM »

I guess this means we can refer to Austrians as Switzogarians...or Slowedeutsche.
The Groom
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »

Perhaps Hillary can counter this by having more Whasians at her rally.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2015, 05:36:37 PM »

ITT: Literally everyone knows what the OP meant but are deciding to be "offended" to satisfy their self-serving slacktivism to delude themselves into think they're a "good person".
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »

An anchluss as it were.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 02:27:27 AM »

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2015/08/19/bernie-sanders-rally-draws-crowd/31967175/

Bernie had 4500 people (including me and a couple of my friends) show up in Reno.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 02:33:37 AM »

Speaking of the Democratic race in Nevada, apparently the Clinton campaign has 22 full time staff in the state, whereas the other four Democratic candidates have zero:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/19/us/politics/hillary-clinton-turns-to-nevada-as-a-general-election-litmus-test.html
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies