Fox News 1st tier GOP candidate debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:47:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fox News 1st tier GOP candidate debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Author Topic: Fox News 1st tier GOP candidate debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 50429 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: August 07, 2015, 09:23:32 PM »

Now here is my view of how the candidates did in the debates-

Jeb Bush-Ok he didn't have a great debate but he did what he had to do. He didn't hurt himself any and came out undamaged.

John Kasich-I could have heard the same talking points in an interview that he talked about in the debate. I was really starting to like him the past few weeks too. I always question if he is too liberal for me though.

Ben Carson-Why was he there again? Remind me... He had a couple good zingers but that was it.

Scott Walker-He didn't do anything wrong. He was bland and I expected him to stand out more than he did. He was just there sort of.... Nice VP Candidate though!

Rand Paul-Much like my explanation about Ben Carson but without the couple zingers. But...Paul was damaged by his confrontations with Trump and Christie. If Paul did like Scott Walker and Jeb Bush did and didn't damage himself any he would have came out of this debate looking pretty good.

Chris Christie-In my opinion he won the debate. His tone was good as were his answers to the moderators questions.

hopper
United States

« Reply #526 on: August 07, 2015, 09:40:30 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2015, 09:50:06 PM by hopper »

Huckabee-Didn't stand out to me and that's bad for him. He needs a big jump in the polls to stay in the race.

Marco Rubio-Too right wing on abortion gonna damage him in the long run? He did have zingers that were substantive though: 1.) With me as President we will be the party of the future. I really liked his tone and optimism in his voice when he said that. The country needs it. 2.)The Dems can't settle on one candidate. 3.) Hillary is gonna tell me what its like to live paycheck to paycheck. Well I lived paycheck to paycheck. I just paid off my student loans 4 years ago

Donald Trump-Oh man where do I start? His comments about Rosie O' Donnell hurt him and than going at Megyn Kelly? Women Voters might think about that when they get in the voting booth. Basically his debate performance was flat and expected him to be a lot sharper than he was. It didn't turn out that way. That's for sure. He was damaged in this debate.

Cruz-Solid as usual. If Cruz was a Dem he would wipe the floor with the Dem Presidential Nominees. Unfortunately Cruz is a Tea Party Guy and the American Electorate is nowhere near a Tea Party Idealogy

Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #527 on: August 07, 2015, 11:32:29 PM »

Now here is my view of how the candidates did in the debates-

Jeb Bush-Ok he didn't have a great debate but he did what he had to do. He didn't hurt himself any and came out undamaged.

John Kasich-I could have heard the same talking points in an interview that he talked about in the debate. I was really starting to like him the past few weeks too. I always question if he is too liberal for me though.

Ben Carson-Why was he there again? Remind me... He had a couple good zingers but that was it.

Scott Walker-He didn't do anything wrong. He was bland and I expected him to stand out more than he did. He was just there sort of.... Nice VP Candidate though!

Rand Paul-Much like my explanation about Ben Carson but without the couple zingers. But...Paul was damaged by his confrontations with Trump and Christie. If Paul did like Scott Walker and Jeb Bush did and didn't damage himself any he would have came out of this debate looking pretty good.

Chris Christie-In my opinion he won the debate. His tone was good as were his answers to the moderators questions.

Wow a NE republican from New Jersey saying Christie won the debate and Paul did badly. Surprising!

Rand didn't have a very good night.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #528 on: August 19, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »

This is amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGlBv8Z3NU
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #529 on: August 19, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »

There's also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXHTJ5v4B5I
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #530 on: August 20, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »

Honestly, Kasich and Trump won in my opinion. Kasich because he was a decent human being and because he performed well for barely getting into the debates, and Trump, because they just couldn't stick him with something. I don't think he lost at all. Trump was like Teflon.
Bettrr than Hillary and Sanders, that's for sure.
Sanders is a decent human being too, but whatever.
I just noticed this. I thought you meant policy and personally. If it's just personally, Carson the cliche is actually nice. Rubio doesn't seem to have an ulterior motive either, IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies