MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:03:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-PPP: Close race with Democrats slightly ahead; #DeezNutsmentum  (Read 8781 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 04, 2015, 02:55:23 PM »

Fun poll. One thing about Minnesota. It likes clean politics, and honest politicians. And when it comes to Hillary, well you know what the polls say about certain of her character traits at the moment. So maybe the dots are connecting here, maybe not.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 03:18:05 PM »

Fun poll. One thing about Minnesota. It likes clean politics, and honest politicians. And when it comes to Hillary, well you know what the polls say about certain of her character traits at the moment. So maybe the dots are connecting here, maybe not.

And they will choose Bush or Walker who unlike her are squeaky clean and always tell the truth.
Gimme a break!

Minnesota has gone Republican only once since the 50's but if Republicans want to spend millions there instead of Ohio or Virginia then more power to them.

It's always a pleasure having you drop by px. Assuming the content of your post is the epitome of sublime truth, the problem here is that the voters are just not as perspicacious as you are, px.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 06:04:25 PM »

Sounds like another candidate who did well in national polls but poorly in state polls. We all know how that turned out...

I had not read that article before, and I found it most fascinating. Thanks!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2015, 06:16:30 PM by Torie »

Hillary at 38/55 favorables pretty much means that if the Republicans nominate a sane candidate she is done.

She has it in the bag.

I think your little formula, with zero wiggle room, results in the ineluctable conclusion, that to a 100% certainty, the Pubs will nominate an insane candidate. So the only question remaining, is by insane, do you mean legally insane (which varies by state, but we can get that later), or insane in some more colloquial sense (in which event we will need to flesh out what you mean).  Look forward to hearing from you, on all of these most important and pressing issues.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:55:19 AM »

People bring up Sanders' low name recognition like he's automatically going to be viewed more favorably as his name rec. increases.  Most of the people who are undecided about him are conservatives and moderates, while Liberals have mostly already made up their minds about him.

Uh, I assure you that many Republicans WANT Clinton to be the nominee.
Sorry, I was referring to PPP's cross tabs (though now I see I didn't mention my source), which show that Moderates and Conservatives have high undecideds with regards to Sanders' favorability.  

Most of the people who aren't familiar with Sanders are Moderates and Conservatives, which means he's going to have a hard time keeping his breakeven favorability rating.

Not that Clinton's favorables are anything to be proud of.  But Clinton doing poorly isn't a reason to hold Sanders up as the 'electable candidate', he's not.

Suppose Biden hops in?  He might end up getting most of his support from Hillary voters, which perhaps leaves an opening for Sanders. Maybe.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »

You just cannot stop yourself from indulging in personal attacks can you px? Anyway, I was just throwing the idea out there. I guess if Biden gets in, we will find out. If he doesn't, we won't.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2015, 03:59:38 PM by Torie »

I never called you or anyone else a troll, or engaging in trolling, px, which is a personal attack. You are accusing me and others of being insincere. That is an insult. Attack the ideas, not the poster. You should read what Dave thought was infractable from the moderated post examples he put up. Turns out he has close to zero tolerance for personal attacks. You are over the line here, in my opinion. I guess in due course we will find out one way or the other, if need be.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 03:13:28 PM »

I never called you or anyone else a troll, or engaging in trolling, px, which is a personal attack. You are accusing me and others of being insincere. That is an insult. Attack the ideas, not the poster. You should read what Dave thought was intractable from the moderated post examples he put up. Turns out he has close to zero tolerance for personal attacks. You are over the line here, in my opinion. I guess in due course we will find out one way or the other, if need be.

1)Trolling is quite a different thing from concern trolling, of which indeed I accuse you.

2)Care to comment the article I posted? Or doesn't titillate your intellect enough?

What then is "concern trolling?" What does it mean? Doesn't trolling mean insincere? I consider it personally insulting. I really have no desire to engage with you on substance, until you adopt a more civil posting style.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 03:19:46 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2015, 03:23:15 PM by Torie »

Here is another definition. It's an insult. It's not right to call posters names, or impugn their motives. If you think some political opponent is giving bad advice to your side (not that I did that here but whatever), just say that you think the advice is wrong headed because in fact it will ... .
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »

Harnessing the spirit of Sam Spade?

Be patient f****t.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies