2032 and Beyond (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:26:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2032 and Beyond (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2032 and Beyond  (Read 2639 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 08, 2015, 01:43:51 AM »

Chafee won't be anyone's running mate. He's not that good at debates or public speaking, unless it's something he's truly passionate about (like national service). Big crowds give him nerves. And he personally dislikes the ceremonial stuff, which is a lot of what the VP is.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:22:21 AM »

Chafee won't be anyone's running mate. He's not that good at debates or public speaking, unless it's something he's truly passionate about (like national service). Big crowds give him nerves. And he personally dislikes the ceremonial stuff, which is a lot of what the VP is.

Blue,
Your point is taken. You are from Rhode Island, and would know better than I. Is Chafee progressive enough for you? His party-switch doesn't bother me at all. I am from Florida and worked on the Charlie Crist gubernatorial campaign last year. Crist was also hammered for switching from Republican to Independent to Democratic, and that is one of the reasons he lost. For those of us who pay attention, however, it is clear that Crist (a moderate Republican) had no place in the GOP after the Tea Party took over, and the same appears true of Chafee.
I'd definitely say Chafee is progressive. There's still a few issues that he's conservative on, but overall he's more liberal than most Democrats. I like him. I voted for him for Governor, and would again. I just can't see him as President or VP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies