2032 and Beyond (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:01:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2032 and Beyond (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2032 and Beyond  (Read 2636 times)
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« on: September 08, 2015, 12:46:17 AM »
« edited: September 08, 2015, 06:55:27 AM by I support Sanders »

This is interesting to think about. If Sanders wins the Democratic nomination, I am predicting a Sanders/Chafee ticket. O'Malley may be closer to Sanders ideologically, but he has run negative attacks against the Senator, and is therefore not a likely candidate for the position. Jim Webb has neither the charisma, youth, nor perceived progressivism needed to energize the ticket. Chafee will fade into obscurity if he doesn't make it onto the general election ballot next year, however if he does, his career is not over, and he will be remembered even in 2032. If the Sanders/Chafee ticket wins in 2016, I predict a two-term presidency bringing the country through the next eight years to 2024, and Chafee, having come into office as VP at 63, will be 71 come 2024. If he decides to run for the Presidency, and wins and serves two terms, the 71-year old will leave office in January 2033, aged 79, and bringing us up to the time period you discuss. That is my prediction. It appears to me that, without a miracle, George W. Bush will remain the last Republican President and the Democrats will be the Party leading the country through the next 18 years.

Just a thought.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 07:02:26 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2015, 07:09:49 AM by I support Sanders »

Chafee won't be anyone's running mate. He's not that good at debates or public speaking, unless it's something he's truly passionate about (like national service). Big crowds give him nerves. And he personally dislikes the ceremonial stuff, which is a lot of what the VP is.

Blue,
Your point is taken. You are from Rhode Island, and would know better than I. Is Chafee progressive enough for you? His party-switch doesn't bother me at all. I am from Florida and worked on the Charlie Crist gubernatorial campaign last year. Crist was also hammered for switching from Republican to Independent to Democratic, and that is one of the reasons he lost. For those of us who pay attention, however, it is clear that Crist (a moderate Republican) had no place in the GOP after the Tea Party took over, and the same appears true of Chafee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies