Orthodox Jew stabs six at Jerusalem Pride...again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:58:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Orthodox Jew stabs six at Jerusalem Pride...again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Orthodox Jew stabs six at Jerusalem Pride...again  (Read 2049 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 30, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33726634

Police have arrested a man after six people were wounded in a stabbing at the Gay Pride parade in Jerusalem.

A police spokesperson identified the suspect as the same man who stabbed three people at the parade in 2005.

Yishai Schlissel, an ultra-Orthodox Jew, was sentenced to 12 years in prison for that attack and was released from prison three weeks ago.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »

Wow. What a sick person.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 03:20:17 PM »

This is what life sentences are for. Horrible, disgusting act.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What?  Shut up, Bibi.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »

More like what a sicarius person. Not that the sicarii aren't sick.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »

More like what a sicarius person. Not that the sicarii aren't sick.

LOL GOOD ONE ERNEST
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »

What?  Shut up, Bibi.

Not sure what the problem is. That quote is basically him refusing to bow to the Ultra-Orthodox and insisting that pride parades like that one will be allowed to continue and won't be silenced by the violence.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:38 PM »

What?  Shut up, Bibi.

Not sure what the problem is. That quote is basically him refusing to bow to the Ultra-Orthodox and insisting that pride parades like that one will be allowed to continue and won't be silenced by the violence.

He never explicitly condemned the act anywhere in that statement. If he had any decency, he would have called it a shameful act of vile extremism.

I'm sure there will be nary a peep from any American conservatives, since what this guy did is basically their wet dream.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 08:40:44 PM »

What?  Shut up, Bibi.

He is enabling Ultra-Orthodoxs by having them in his government. He can't condemn that act or else Jewish Home (whose ultra-orthodox voters approves of stabbing gays) will cause another election.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »

What?  Shut up, Bibi.

He is enabling Ultra-Orthodoxs by having them in his government. He can't condemn that act or else Jewish Home (whose ultra-orthodox voters approves of stabbing gays) will cause another election.
Bennett doesn't represent the Ultra-Orthodox. In fact, they hate Bennett.
Zezano
Rookie
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 08:53:32 PM »

I don't defend these attacks but these gay activist are behaving in a manner similar to pussy riot by trying to provoke a religious community. Tel Aviv is very gay friendly just as America and Europe have gay friendly cities. Jerusalem is none as a very religious city for both Jews, Muslims, and Christians. It's not like Jerusalem persecutes gays but the pride parade is going out of it's way to get a response and reaction. Religious people and Secular people can coexist if they have their own communities but they don't need to impose their values on each other. Gay activist and feminist want the whole world to accept their values.
Zezano
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:27 PM »

I'm not homophobic I'm Bisexual myself but I respect the rights of the people to consider homosexuality immoral.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »

I don't defend these attacks but these gay activist are behaving in a manner similar to pussy riot by trying to provoke a religious community. Tel Aviv is very gay friendly just as America and Europe have gay friendly cities. Jerusalem is none as a very religious city for both Jews, Muslims, and Christians. It's not like Jerusalem persecutes gays but the pride parade is going out of it's way to get a response and reaction. Religious people and Secular people can coexist if they have their own communities but they don't need to impose their values on each other. Gay activist and feminist want the whole world to accept their values.

If they can put up with sharing Jerusalem with one another then they can put up with sharing it with LGBT people.
Zezano
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »

If they can put up with sharing Jerusalem with one another then they can put up with sharing it with LGBT people.

I'm not opposed to gays living there. I just think having a gay demonstration in an Orthodox Neighborhood is obnoxious. Even though I'm Bi that scene never appealed to me. I don't find the culture aesthetically pleasing. It has a certain vulgarity to it. Same with feminist. They want to impose their values on the world. They want slut walks every where.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 05:06:50 AM »

What? what are you talking about you clown? have you ever lived in Jerusalem? the city has a very large gay community and scene with a still large secular community living there. Furthermore, even if the entire city was nothing but religious as it is the capital city the gay community has a right to come and parade there.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 05:08:10 AM »

In other news: Jewish terrorists burn a Palestinian baby to death at home.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:50 AM »

Right-wing terrorists are a serious problem. They killed Yitzhak Rabin.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 07:54:40 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 08:15:58 AM by DavidB. »

What?  Shut up, Bibi.

1. Not *all* so-called "Ultra-Orthodox" have perpetrated this attack. In fact, most "Ultra-Orthodox" despise this attack. The influential haredi news source Kikar HaShabat has issued this statement:
So please don't generalize this guy's vicious behavior toward a whole group. It is funny how people are angry when Islamist attacks are being generalized toward all Muslims, but people find it all of a sudden okay to generalize one attack toward all "Ultra-Orthodox" people. This shows your double standards.

2. Jewish Home's electorate is not "Ultra-Orthodox" but largely modern orthodox. Get your facts straight.

3. Most of the Jewish Home voters don't agree with this, either.

4. Bennett (JH) just did this: http://www.timesofisrael.com/bennett-to-dramatically-boost-funding-for-lgbt-group/.

5. Netanyahu has issued a new statement:
"The stabbing of participants in the gay pride parade in Jerusalem is a despicable hate crime. We will bring those responsible to justice. In Israel, everyone, including the LGBT community, has the right to live in peace, and we will defend that right. I welcome the Israeli religious leadership’s condemnation of this terrible crime, and I call on all those in positions of leadership to join them and denounce this contemptible act. In the name of all Israelis, I wish the wounded a full and speedy recovery." (https://www.facebook.com/Netanyahu?fref=ts) I guess no one can really complain about this reply, right?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 07:58:22 AM »

Yeah, seriously, if you don't know the difference between Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox, don't comment on Israeli politics. How can you know what Jewish Home is but not know the difference between those two?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »

Yeah, seriously, if you don't know the difference between Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox, don't comment on Israeli politics. How can you know what Jewish Home is but not know the difference between those two?

On one hand, this is true - the poster is clueless. On the other hand, there is no question that every single ultra-Orthodox party that got into Knesset is in Netanyahu´s government.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 08:09:23 PM »

On one hand, this is true - the poster is clueless. On the other hand, there is no question that every single ultra-Orthodox party that got into Knesset is in Netanyahu´s government.

Yeah, he was essentially boxed into allowing UTJ/Shas to set terms for their inclusion when ZU/YA flat-out refused to sit in his coalition. Shame. That's going to make it much harder to root out the radical elements in the community.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 09:07:58 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 09:09:33 PM by ag »

Yeah, he was essentially boxed into allowing UTJ/Shas to set terms for their inclusion when ZU/YA flat-out refused to sit in his coalition. Shame. That's going to make it much harder to root out the radical elements in the community.

Well, Netanyahu and the crowd are, of course, much more objectionable to any sane person than UTJ or Shas. I much prefer the ultra-Orthodox pigheadedness - which, of course, is representative of what our ancestors have been for millenia - than the pseudo-modern nationalism of Likud. Because the ultra-Orthodox are merely ignorant. But Likudniks are knowingly evil.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 10:20:30 PM »

Well, Netanyahu and the crowd are, of course, much more objectionable to any sane person than UTJ or Shas. I much prefer the ultra-Orthodox pigheadedness - which, of course, is representative of what our ancestors have been for millenia - than the pseudo-modern nationalism of Likud. Because the ultra-Orthodox are merely ignorant. But Likudniks are knowingly evil.
Statements like this are why Haredim identify as right-wing.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 10:51:55 PM »

I'm not opposed to gays living there. I just think having a gay demonstration in an Orthodox Neighborhood is obnoxious. Even though I'm Bi that scene never appealed to me. I don't find the culture aesthetically pleasing. It has a certain vulgarity to it. Same with feminist. They want to impose their values on the world. They want slut walks every where.

Um? OK.

You should talk to a poster from SF, you'll have a lot to talk about.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 04:13:54 AM »

lolz
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies