Society for Minority and Indigenous Language Endorsement (SMILE)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Society for Minority and Indigenous Language Endorsement (SMILE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Society for Minority and Indigenous Language Endorsement (SMILE)  (Read 1043 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:37:16 PM »

Attention!  Atenção!  Aandacht!  Askay!

Although based in the Guianas, SMILE supports the autonomy and language rights of all minority and indigenous peoples of the new South American republic.  Whether English-, Dutch-, Portuguese-, Quechua-, or other-speaking, SMILE stands up for your rights and your freedoms.  We stridently oppose any attempts to make Spanish the sole official language of South America, and support a strongly federalist state as a bulwark for the rights of the non-Spaniard majority.  Please join if you feel yourself motivated as such.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:51:04 PM »

I enthustiacally endorse the position on Indigenous rights; however, I am less convinced on a federal system. However, I will most happily join.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:29:55 PM »

Does SMILE intend on advocating for actual simulation of regional government under a federal system?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:31:36 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2015, 10:48:13 PM by Barnes »

Does SMILE intend on advocating for actual simulation of regional government under a federal system?

I cannot speak for the organization, but my personal preference would be that a non-playable simulated level of lower gov't by the GM should be as far as we go given our past experiences with Atlasia.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 10:43:37 PM »

I cannot speak for the organization, but my personal preference would be that a simulated level of lower gov't by the GM should be as far as we go given our past experiences with Atlasia.

Agreed. Ideologically, I like the idea of a federalist system, but it's not exactly sustainable under a simulation.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:31:39 AM »

x evergreen
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 05:52:35 AM »

X Leinad

I totally support minority rights, cultural heritage, and power to local authorities that are more effiecent what's best for their people. Count me in.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 07:23:12 AM »

Of course not!  Grin  We simply advocate for more power for our subnational units as a way to protect the cultural heritage of our former nations.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:14:01 AM »

Of course not!  Grin  We simply advocate for more power for our subnational units as a way to protect the cultural heritage of our former nations.

That's something I can definitely get behind. Smiley

X PJ
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 10:54:03 PM »

x JoMCaR
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 10:58:49 PM »

x Murica
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:15 PM »

x Goldwater
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 09:54:14 AM »

Rather than asking each party individually, SMILE would like to know how the different parties feel about minority language rights.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 01:15:48 PM »

Rather than asking each party individually, SMILE would like to know how the different parties feel about minority language rights.
The Whig Party supports the rights of each minority to maintain their native language......I strongly support the rights of local governments to choose what to teach in their schools,and I encourage them to teach classes on the local native languges to ensure they do not die out
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 01:27:55 PM »

Indigenous and minority rights are one of the founding core principles of the Social Liberals.  Our party policy commits us to invest in Indigenous communities and to collaborate with Indigenous leaders to understand their concerns and possibly solutions.  We are committed to preserving Indigenous languages and to ensure that a citizen of this country can feel that they are a fully accepted member of society wherever they choose to live on this great continent.

We make similar commitments to peoples of other linguistic minorities in that they have the right to access government services in the language most familiar to them, and that children have a right to be educated in the language that their families speak at home.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies